+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Phelim on the Moor
  • 2 Post By Fangthane

Thread: Rift Store Feedback

Default Rift Store Feedback

I took a level 57 toon to the PTS and checked out the Rift Store. I first noticed: there's little to buy for a level 57.

Even if I wanted to buy gear from the store, it's all level 50 gear. You can buy at either 50 or 60 only.. What's worse, it's either the Green Adventure dealer gear, or pre-Storm Legion blue/purple gear. It's just awful. All you need to do is quest to level 53 or so and those rewards will be better. Add in crafted/augmented gear, and the store is basically junk in comparison.

After that, I tried 10 of the lockboxes and, holy cow, it's even worse. The toon is level 57 and the gear is all level 50. All useless gear, 7 levels below me. Want me to make it worse? The blue/purple gear/essences I'm getting are all PRE-SL blues/purples. There was one nice trinket, but all stat boosts on gear/essences were in the +11 to +20 range. Nothing appropriate enough for Storm Legion. The only thing that was Storm Legion was the Hit bonuses (+25), for some reason.

Next, went on a level 60 and tried those lockboxes. Again, aside from the trinkets (which are good only because I haven't had a decent Trinket since I left Silverwood), the gear was the kind of stuff a new 60 with no access to a crafter friend would want. Even the "Legendary" stuff I got was well underpowered when compared to the crafted Epics I had on.

Finally, Loyalty rewards are almost all cosmetic/dimension items. There were a few little 50-200 credit items that weren't cosmetic, but didn't seem too exciting. For someone who isn't motivated by cosmetic/vanity gear, I see no reason to pursue anything down they Loyalty path. Especially given the highest Tier would require something in the neighborhood of several thousand dollars worth of store purchases (over 2,000,000 Loyalty).

I bought credits from the store to (1) support Trion since the subscription option is of no value to me and (2) I wanted to see what I might be getting from those lockboxes and whatnot while it didn't matter. I have to say, I'm disappointed. This is far worse than I thought it was going to be.

I don't think anyone has to worry about pay to win, if the rest of the store is like what I've seen so far. It's going to take me forever to burn through the credits I will currently have considering how little there is on the Rift store there is I'd want to purchase.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Ascendant

Um.
    Tat is a good thing.
    If you could get everything you needed through cash, there would be less importance for people who craft/run dungeons.

Its only there to give you alittle bit of an easier time, not to give you something comparable to raiders/crafters.
    That would be screwing them over big time.

You seem to have missed the point. If a player opens 10 lockboxes they paid hard-earned money for, and does not get anything even REMOTELY useful, what is that going to do to (1) their opinion of Trion (that Trion scrooed them) and (2) their likelihood of buying credits ever again (to say nothing of continuing to play)?

If you're above level 50 in Storm Legion and you all you get out of lockboxes are WAY worse than Level 50 SL quest greens, that is just wrong. Anyone who wants to purchase lockboxes needs to know that the rewards are useless.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

It takes a certain breed of player to buy gear for $$ before max level.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

Default Too Big

The Rift Store window is too damn big :|
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    You seem to have missed the point. If a player opens 10 lockboxes they paid hard-earned money for, and does not get anything even REMOTELY useful, what is that going to do to (1) their opinion of Trion (that Trion scrooed them) and (2) their likelihood of buying credits ever again (to say nothing of continuing to play)?

If you're above level 50 in Storm Legion and you all you get out of lockboxes are WAY worse than Level 50 SL quest greens, that is just wrong. Anyone who wants to purchase lockboxes needs to know that the rewards are useless.
    Except the problem with this logic is that you do get gear simply for playing the game.
    You get gear for doing the storyline quests that are of an appopriate level for you.
    Why waste your cash buying gear while you are still leveling?

Don' buy the lockboxes. They did the same thing in Defiance, and the boxes almost universally give you garbage, with a ridiculously small chance of getting decent gear.

It's gambling, and in the end not worth what you're spending just to vendor or runebreak it.

And I agree that the current sets are pure junk, but they did say they weren't going to go the P2W route. That said, the gear should at least be useful in the SL zones, instead of vendor trash.
    Server issues? Check here first - http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/

Piggybacking on this, but I noticed if you buy something w/ credits and accidentally (or intentionally) right click it in your bags it gets sold back to the "vendor" for very little plat. I'd demand, since you're now f-ing with people's money, not just time, that you need a) to refund the credits if you treat it as a vendor sale or b) put a huge warning before vendoring items that are flagged as purchased with credits.

The example in question was a mount and even worse in that case since the mouseover text says "Right click to use" when if the store is open it really means "Right click to sell it away for almost nothing".
    Passme
    9/9 SL, 4/4HM*
    www.LucidiumGuild.com

Soulwalker

I so agree about the refund.

If I paid credits I want me refund in credits PARTICULARLY if I haven't closed the store window yet. If I walk away and reopen the window - sure deduct 5% or 10% for umm.. *soiled goods return* but for gods sake, give me back credits if I spend credits on something!

Default Like, OMG this is a game not a real life investment with returns!

Like, OMG this is a game not a real life investment with returns! So WHY is buying credit SO expensive? And like Phelim said, it's going to take several thousand dollars to reach the top.

I've spent 70 bucks on credits so far, but wait, I paid that for the game right and got SO much more for the value. But....(and I know I'll get rapped by those missing the point but hey,) ... The price exchange rate from real life dollars to Trion pixel store credits is one of the highest I know!

Think about it, I spent 70 bucks of my hard earned rl cash to buy more pixels to make my game play more fun. OK, my choice but.. that's a weeks food to me I'm wondering what this will do for people not so well off as myself. Will the temptation to go into real life debt to buy some pretties be too much for some?

Seriously Trion, the cost of rl dollars for the amount of credits you give is way too low to give value for money for a rl time sink. This is a game of fun and relaxation and should be cheap not expensive to play, making Rift a game for the rich and leaving the poor feeling even more poor, and probably totally depressed.

Another real fear I have is the ease at which store credits can be bought. What about young kids who do not know the true meaning of the store? They could mount up huge credit card Bills for mommy and daddy. I love novelties so, after upgrading a few gear items, it didn't take me long to spend the credit at all.
    Trion REALLY needs to add a 'parental control' to the store to protect from this!

Trion also needed to clear out/update old world lvl50 content to match that of SL gear BEFORE ever releasing SL. I had a guildie rage quit after working his butt for the marks to buy an epic lvl50 recipe, plus the cost of making it, to find a better lvl50 GREEN dropped from a SL zone. To put this crap in lockboxes for rl money credit is a double insult in my eyes, and yes! looks bad on you Trion! Show some responsibility to your players, eh? This may be just a game to most, but to some this game is serious business. (ask any HC raider).

PLUS!.. bad mistakes like my runbreaking a lvl50 item wouldn't happen, thinking it was old crap, and got very angry because it gave me a SL quality MAT.

It may only seem like a few bucks to Trion but I bet a fair few thousand dollars have come their way through the store so far just on the PTS this week. Those 'few' bucks to players can soon mount to a huge CC Bill at the end of the month. Personally I would be more happy to see double the credits now offered making it REAL value for the money. Make this a fun game Trion not a heart dropper for the poor in RL.

Shadowlander

They did the same in STO, with the ships. Lock boxes aren't meant to give you the ultimate rewards. The lock boxes are more like little boosts. It is called gambling, that's what it is, quit your *****ing. That isn't how the model works when it comes to those boxes, you are only supposed to spend occasionally on those, not use them to power gear your way through the entire game. Like the devs have said over and over. The best gear is found by earning it in the dungeons. Most of the bought stuff is either cosmetic, or for small uses. I would like to find where the put Touch of Greed shade etc.. cosmetic items.
    Remember to kill all Guardians

Shadowlander

Also Adults should know better on when to spend money and when to not. For the kids who could be playing this game, there should be a lock option on the credit card, so they can't actually spend any money.
    Remember to kill all Guardians

+ Reply to Thread