+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are dimension items purchased with credits returnable for the credits?

Default Are dimension items purchased with credits returnable for the credits?

I believe I remember reading in a post, or perhaps hearing in a podcast, that once you spend credits on something, they are forever spent.

This puts dimension builders in a bind because a lot of dimension building involves trying out several items to find the right one, particularly building pieces/parts. There is a definite element of testing. Once you buy, are you stuck with the item, or are dimension items returnable to the cash shop for credits?

And that being said, if you are stuck with an item you cant use, it seems that most dimension items purchased from the Rift Store are not bound.

Is it anticipated that items people mistakenly bought but cannot use will be traded on the AH?

EG, on the pts I bought a rooftop with plat and it was not returnable. Blech. I also bought the Kelari springs for a hefty chunk of plat and they turned out to not be what I wanted. If I had spent credits on live for these things I would have been PO'd to be stuck trying to reclaim some value for them from the AH. I think customer satisfaction would be better served if they were returnable.

Pardon me for honestly not knowing the answer to whether dimension credit purchases are or are not returnable.... I am not testing with credits so I honestly do not know the answer.

TY!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydhe View Post
    I believe I remember reading in a post, or perhaps hearing in a podcast, that once you spend credits on something, they are forever spent.

This puts dimension builders in a bind because a lot of dimension building involves trying out several items to find the right one, particularly building pieces/parts. There is a definite element of testing. Once you buy, are you stuck with the item, or are dimension items returnable to the cash shop for credits?

And that being said, if you are stuck with an item you cant use, it seems that most dimension items purchased from the Rift Store are not bound.

Is it anticipated that items people mistakenly bought but cannot use will be traded on the AH?

EG, on the pts I bought a rooftop with plat and it was not returnable. Blech. I also bought the Kelari springs for a hefty chunk of plat and they turned out to not be what I wanted. If I had spent credits on live for these things I would have been PO'd to be stuck trying to reclaim some value for them from the AH. I think customer satisfaction would be better served if they were returnable.

Pardon me for honestly not knowing the answer to whether dimension credit purchases are or are not returnable.... I am not testing with credits so I honestly do not know the answer.

TY!
    Items that I purchased with credits but then didn't like, I had the option to vendor for platinum. Granted, most of these things aren't bound, so on live, I would likely throw them in the AH instead...but I am a notorious hoarder as well (of dimension items) so you might also keep them until you do find a use for the items.

There are a number of things, including basic building blocks, that cannot be sold at all. I've been submitting feedback on these as I find them, because I'm not sure that's intended.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread