+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 115
Like Tree56Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Account Functionality Extension

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    495

    Default Account Functionality Extension

    This is an item you get at 1500 loyalty that increases currency caps and chat/mail fuctions. Although most current players will be well over 1500 loyalty when 2.3 lauches you still need to claim and consume this item for your currency caps to be removed.

    I can see alot of headaches when 2.3 hits and people don't realize they need to use this item untill they try to loot some currency.

  2. #2
    Telaran AtoningUnifex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    This is a really bad idea, you are going to chase away players with this. You should have the ability to have as much platinum as you can manage to make in game as after all this is how you pay for those epic ingredients to get the top end recipies crafted!

    I understand if this is to chase away potential gold farmers but it seems like it is just going to really hurt those long term dedicated players who have been grafting away and crafting away since game came out, trying to get enough plat for that dimension or that weapon to be made etc.

    Needs re-examined to make sure that long term players are not harmed by this change of state in the game. please don't let this reach live servers, or if you must have it going to live servers consider the players who have made literally 20k plat etc

    I haven't got lots of plat on my toon on live server, only at 2k and was hoping to hit 3k plat before dendrome - imagine my surprise when I found my max is now 1000plat...)

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    This is a really bad idea, you are going to chase away players with this. You should have the ability to have as much platinum as you can manage to make in game as after all this is how you pay for those epic ingredients to get the top end recipies crafted!

    I understand if this is to chase away potential gold farmers but it seems like it is just going to really hurt those long term dedicated players who have been grafting away and crafting away since game came out, trying to get enough plat for that dimension or that weapon to be made etc.

    Needs re-examined to make sure that long term players are not harmed by this change of state in the game. please don't let this reach live servers, or if you must have it going to live servers consider the players who have made literally 20k plat etc

    I haven't got lots of plat on my toon on live server, only at 2k and was hoping to hit 3k plat before dendrome - imagine my surprise when I found my max is now 1000plat...)
    Where did you find that the cap is 1k plat?

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Akhet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,066

    Default

    I swear if they put these kinds of lock-downs on my account after I've been subbed to this game for two and a half years, I'm going to be pissed. I have been defending this game when they first announced F2P but recent developments are increasingly alarming.

    Removing any kind of basic functionality from long term subscribers is not advisable. Don't even think about doing it.
    Akhet <Tabula Rasa> - Rogue
    World First Green Swirly Thing

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Keep in mind you get the item I mentioned at 1500 loyalty. This is one months sub or $5-$10. I am pretty sure the item isnt working on the pts atm so I would guess when it does anyone who had a sub for 1 month or pays $5-10 will not be effected.

  6. #6
    Telaran AtoningUnifex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    my level 50 PTS alt was accepting a trade from my level 60 PTS alt of 3k plat, level 50 alt had 10 plat, accepted trade and got told cap exceed and ended up with 1k plat.

    Assuming this transfers to live then my main should be okay, but I may have a problem with 2of my alts on live if they cannot have more than 1k as they sometimes have more like 1.5k plat

  7. #7
    Telaran AtoningUnifex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    As you quite correctly state, the increase functionality item is not functioning properly.

    My PTS alts are generally much richer than my live versions as I usually dump all my plat from all of them on to one when I transfer it to PTS and as far as I can see I capped out at 7k plat on level 60, hence trying to trade plat to an alt to test what the cap was on them...

    next test will be to try and cap out a level 45 alt and then my 25 alt and level 8 alt and see if there is a logical progression to this.

  8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akhet View Post
    Removing any kind of basic functionality from long term subscribers is not advisable. Don't even think about doing it.
    We shouldn't be removing any functionality for long term subscribers. That item is placed at a very low loyalty value and if you have ever played RIFT previously you will have that value.

    ~Daglar

  9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    PTS appears to also be in a partial horked state. The flag that gets added to your account may not currently properly exist.

    ~Daglar

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer Akhet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We shouldn't be removing any functionality for long term subscribers. That item is placed at a very low loyalty value and if you have ever played RIFT previously you will have that value.

    ~Daglar
    Does this mean that once you use this item, you won't have a cap or will there still be some sort of new ultimate cap in place?
    Akhet <Tabula Rasa> - Rogue
    World First Green Swirly Thing

  11. #11
    Telaran AtoningUnifex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    thanks for rapid reply Daglar, much appreciated, can you reassure us old timers that we will not have to put up with a cap on plat, not that I am greedy but as I never get to raid the only way I am ever going to have a stiletto of tormented souls is if I can buy the ingredients

  12. #12
    Telaran AtoningUnifex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    sorry for double posting, PTS is also not managing to recognise the number of months a person is subbed for, in terms of the loyalty amounts, showing me as subbed for 3 months even though I have the 36 months vendor lol

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer Noshei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We shouldn't be removing any functionality for long term subscribers. That item is placed at a very low loyalty value and if you have ever played RIFT previously you will have that value.

    ~Daglar
    This single item goes against your own stance on not limiting players or putting the game behind a pay wall. This single item forces people to pay for basic functionality of the game. I'm a big supporter of F2P and am really looking forward to it, but you have really pissed me off with this stupid item that doesn't need to be part of this game.

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer Noshei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Just some extra thoughts on this. So I get the reasoning for this, it is to stop RMT from having super easy access to the game. I completely understand that, and I agree that something needs to be put in place to ensure that bots and gold farmers don't ruin the game. But this is not the solution.

    Implementing a paywall for RMT requires that you also implement that paywall for EVERYONE! No matter how you look at this, no matter how you justify this by saying it is so small, it is still a paywall. You are still requiring that players spend money to gain basic functionality for the game.

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara dead2soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Have to agree that this flies in the face of your stated goal for FTP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts