+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Account Functionality Extension

Just to follow up the current cap on Plat for this is 1000p. That really isn't very much in the over all scheme of things.

Telaran

Also, all the RMT need do is buy REX and use it and boom... Paywall evaporated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4Sushi View Post
    yeah a $10 paywall isn't going to stop RMT at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4Sushi View Post
    Exactly. Not a fan of this change.

I just hope it's working by the time this all goes live if they choose to keep it.

Well that kinda made my mind up, I definitely won't be resubbing to this game. We were told that those of us who sub will see NO changes to our game, we will have exactly what we've always had....but we never had a limit on the amount of plat. Even though there is an item you can buy to remove that cap (does it get replaced by another cap?), we would be forced to buy that item to continue playing the game as we know it.

Disgusting Trion, absolutely disgusting.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

I can imagine this annoying people when they have to spend the entirety of the 1000p they're allowed to hold on a single mount, rendering them unable to afford to use the porticulum. And if REX ends up selling for over 1000p each, a completely free player would get stuck in a catch-22 where they need to get more plat than they can hold to get the loyalty so that they'll be able to get that much platinum.

@Liziana You don't have to buy anything. It's just a loyalty item that gets claimed, and it's low enough that anybody who's played Rift in the past for even a single month will qualify for it. It's only new f2p players that will be affected by this whatsoever.
    Last edited by Sonoko; 06-04-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    (V)    (V)
    ミ(◕‿◕。)彡

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    Well that kinda made my mind up, I definitely won't be resubbing to this game. We were told that those of us who sub will see NO changes to our game, we will have exactly what we've always had....but we never had a limit on the amount of plat. Even though there is an item you can buy to remove that cap (does it get replaced by another cap?), we would be forced to buy that item to continue playing the game as we know it.

You need to re-read this post. By subbing to the game there is no cap. This item only affects new accounts who have paid nothing to Trion.

As Sonoko just said, this won't really effect existing subscribers at all as anyone with a current sub will have more loyalty than is required for this item.

The problem for me is that this feels a **** ton like pandora's box. Once they start down this road, what's going to stop them putting limits on other stuff. And as I have noted the usefulness of this is pretty much nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    You need to re-read this post. By subbing to the game there is no cap. This item only affects new accounts who have paid nothing to Trion.
    And that's another problem with putting stuff like this in. The rumors are probably already flying off all over the interwebs and Trion have already lost a few potential players.

I don't like this either - you're basically adding another barrier for new free-to-play players.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    As Sonoko just said, this won't really effect existing subscribers at all as anyone with a current sub will have more loyalty than is required for this item.

The problem for me is that this feels a **** ton like pandora's box. Once they start down this road, what's going to stop them putting limits on other stuff. And as I have noted the usefulness of this is pretty much nothing.
    This is my concern as well.
    Akhet <Tabula Rasa> - Rogue
    World First Green Swirly Thing

Telaran

How do you bind the f2p players if they cant whisper with other players or ask a question in the 1-29 chat channel?! Oo'

Platinum cap, okay you can live with this.. but you cant take them the ability to communicate with other players away...

The idea is to limit the ability of RMT companies to make new accounts, never provide any real payment info, and then start spamming.

Hmm.

Okay, I have a thought I'd like to propose:

Accounts which haven't got this continue to have the ability to send tells, use 1-29... BUT! There's a flag in settings for everyone else to ignore posts from people who haven't got this account flag. So people have a choice of whether they want protection from the RMT spammer accounts or want to help newbies.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28
    Rift Team

Please re-read what I've posted in this thread. I have taken absolutely nothing from anyone that has ever played.

You are not forced to purchase anything. You have already contributed to RIFT and no one is taking anything away from you.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    This is probably a stupid question, but what happens to existing subscribers if they have more than 1k plat when the patch is released? I mean, they'd receive the item right away, but they'd have to use it to remove the limit. What would happen to the excess platinum in the meantime?

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Azumia View Post
    This is probably a stupid question, but what happens to existing subscribers if they have more than 1k plat when the patch is released? I mean, they'd receive the item right away, but they'd have to use it to remove the limit. What would happen to the excess platinum in the meantime?
    The cap is on gains. You should not lose anything ever.

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast