+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2h stat boost in PVP also being done or left as is ?

Telaran

Default 2h stat boost in PVP also being done or left as is ?

Hello Trion,

As ive seen on the PTS you are giving the 2H weapons some love to compensate for the horrible stat difference when using 2x 1h weapons instead. Since this is the same issue with the PVP weapons i am curious if you are also boosting the 2H weapons there to be at least equal to the 2x 1h or if you leave things as they are. Currently in PVP 2x1 weapons are much MUCH better stat wise than 1x 2H weapon.

Telaran

Hello Trion,

It would be nice to get a reply with some information please.

Telaran

Hello Trion,

SO nvm on the 1st request.. ive managed to find out the Information.. and just for people who want to know.. NO you didnt adjust the PVP weapons yet.

This leads me into the 2nd Question.. can you please for this patch ALSO adjust the PVP 2h weapon with increased stats so at least 2x 1h will not have MORE stats than 1x 2h weapon ( talking about warriors here )

Please be so kind and at least give a reply

Thank you.

They are busting arse to get ready for the F2P thing...have a little patience for any replies you might get.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Telaran

I understand Trion is busy.. and i belive they always will be. This is however something they could improve with the upcomming patch and would be very sad to see not implemented.

I am still hoping that someone at Trion will at least give some kind of reply to this.

Thank you.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

We talked about this yesterday and they are trying to fit it in.

~Daglar

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We talked about this yesterday and they are trying to fit it in.

~Daglar
    Don't hold your breath. Last time we brought that up about the pve 2 handers York said keep an eye out on the patch notes. Nearly 3 months later we get word that 2.3 should fix the problem.

PvP tends to take a back seat to PvE so while I hope they fix it in 2.3 (I love my 2 handers) I wouldn't count on it. Hopefully, it doesn't take 3+ months from the time they state they will fix it to actually fix it.

Here is to hoping this is done in a timely manner =D
    Last edited by Attillaa; 06-05-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Patience young grasshopper.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Patience young grasshopper.
    patience is the art of hoping

here is to hoping pvp 2 handers are fixed in under 3 months

Would be a welcome change, but with F2P, I would think that many items like this will be moved from a car back seat to a bus back seat. And for PVP issues, will go from a bus back seat to a train caboose. Trion resources and priority will dramatically shift to putting new items on the store to get your cabbage.

On top of that if people complain that something hasn't been fixed in month/syears, they have the best and expected response lined up for it.. "Hey, the game is free, what are you complaining about? You don't like it, can always leave."

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Attillaa View Post
    Don't hold your breath. Last time we brought that up about the pve 2 handers York said keep an eye out on the patch notes. Nearly 3 months later we get word that 2.3 should fix the problem.

PvP tends to take a back seat to PvE so while I hope they fix it in 2.3 (I love my 2 handers) I wouldn't count on it. Hopefully, it doesn't take 3+ months from the time they state they will fix it to actually fix it.

Here is to hoping this is done in a timely manner =D
    Yep, sometimes other things are a higher priority. York doesn't get to set the priority and he already works a lot of late nights. Also real life intervenes sometimes.

~Daglar

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingtheMCP View Post
    Would be a welcome change, but with F2P, I would think that many items like this will be moved from a car back seat to a bus back seat. And for PVP issues, will go from a bus back seat to a train caboose. Trion resources and priority will dramatically shift to putting new items on the store to get your cabbage.

On top of that if people complain that something hasn't been fixed in month/syears, they have the best and expected response lined up for it.. "Hey, the game is free, what are you complaining about? You don't like it, can always leave."
    This is ornery Daglar for a moment.

I am actually, pretty sick of seeing this response from folks. Priorities are harder to manage than I can ever possibly let you know. An MMO is a living breathing beast, it bites, it breathes god damn fire. People are never happy with what you provide - and that is OK - you cannot please everyone all the time.

We work really hard here to provide the best experience we can for the community, and we are very strong in the belief that the only way that free to play works is by providing the best game - not the one with the most items on the store, not the one with the "trickiest monetization" to fool people into spending.

The myth that the entire focus of the game will turn to putting items on the store is absolutely absurd. I'll share a little secret, game designers that make dungeons or raids, typically don't do 3D art, 3D artists don't typically do scripting, engineers don't typically make items, systems designers don't typically do rigging. There is a team here that works to make the product - its made up of all kinds of people and it's not like we could push everyone into making new store items even if we wanted to - which we don't.

Yep, we need to make money. No secret there folks, no cards hidden up the sleeves. If you think the game is worth it, come spend some money with us. Support us. If you think its trash, let us know. Though I always find it a bit disingenuous when folks say the game is absolute trash and keep on playing, for years on end.

If you feel that the part of the game you enjoy isn't supported enough, feel free to let us know. No issues with that - never has been. Just remember, we are out here, wrestling the beast and trying to make sure that no one gets burned.

We have to keep content coming. We have to keep the game fresh for as many users as we possibly can. If we fail to do that, then this entire conversion is not worth doing and we might as well all go home.

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
    Creative Director: RIFT

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

I just want to add my 2c here as well. Daglar and I are of the same mind. We believe the way to be successful is to make the best game possible for our players. To provide all the content for free so you can always play with your friends and not ever turn RIFT into a pay to win game. The vast majority of you are very positive and helpful but it does amaze me how many times we are accused of being lazy, or money grabbing or idiots or that we should all be fired. Have you any idea how demoralizing it can be to read that sort of thing every day. Imagine if that was your work place and that you were told you suck the whole time. I see people find something they donít like, extrapolate the worst possible scenario and start yelling in chat on the forums or whereever that the sky is falling and we are all aboard the fail train. We are working very hard to make this transition a success and we will make missteps. But like every feature we have ever put in the game we will listen to feedback and adjust. Please be patient with us as we work through this. We love RIFT and are committed to you and the game we have made. We want to make it the best it possibly can be. /rant off

I will crawl back under my rock now and find some more devious places to hide artifacts

Champion

Hells yeah, Dag and Simon! ;) Get in there! Don't be afraid to speak your freaking minds!

Honestly not trying to suck up. I really like the way you guys have been approaching the situation, I've been thoroughly impressed with your straightforward attitudes, and your willingness to keep working to improve a great game. Rift is the one mmo that had me hooked from day one, and I believe in this crazy damn thing you guys are trying to pull off.

I'm here for the long haul, and I think there's plenty of people who are going to be convinced when they walk in on the 12th.

Can't wait to see what you do with 3.0. Seriously.
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    Have you any idea how demoralizing it can be to read that sort of thing every day.
    Dead simon, part #7?

[Flamed Simon]
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast