+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Currency changes

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    63

    Default Currency changes

    Haven't been able to compare the change in prices compared to the increase in stones and marks we get. Is it looking like it will be exactly the same just bigger numbers or will it be slightly faster or slower than currently to obtain items with current currency. I know PTS numbers are not final.

  2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zadaine07 View Post
    Haven't been able to compare the change in prices compared to the increase in stones and marks we get. Is it looking like it will be exactly the same just bigger numbers or will it be slightly faster or slower than currently to obtain items with current currency. I know PTS numbers are not final.
    Should be the same gain rate as live - just bigger numbers.

    Though as a patron you'll be getting 15% bonus on top of live values all the time. Non patron's will be receiving the same values as live today.

    ~Daglar

  3. #3
    Telaran Jaydhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Should be the same gain rate as live - just bigger numbers.

    Though as a patron you'll be getting 15% bonus on top of live values all the time. Non patron's will be receiving the same values as live today.

    ~Daglar
    Does the 15% increase include drop rate on items? As a subscriber, would I get 15% more fish (decrease my cast time by 15% or give me a spare fish every 6th cast) , 15% more nodes for foraging and/or 15% higher drop rate on foraging, mining and butchering, 15% increase in crafters marks per daily quest, 15% higher plat for completing the daily quests such as the fishing quest in Tempest Bay. 15% more dimension items in my fished up loot boxes, 15% more artifact nodes or drop rates of artifacts while fishing, 15% more what, exactly? I think part of the question is we don't know exactly what this 15% increase applies to and does not apply to...

    Is the 15% bonus only beneficial If you are a dungeon/raider/rift hunter? In what way does this 15% increase help someone who is primarily a crafter, dimension builder, and roleplayer, such as myself?

    Once again, thanks for taking the time to address our questions! Rift continues to give the best customer support and responsiveness to customer issues in any MMO.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Kolfinna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Well, this specifically was about currency, so I dare say that the 15% is, well, about currency. Fish aren't currency, artifacts aren't currency, flowers aren't currency, and artifacts aren't currency. There isn't a shop that sells things using any of those as the medium of exchange.

    Currencies are things like (but not limited to) platinum, dungeon marks, and infinity stones. A handy rule of thumb: if a vendor needs a bunch of it for a bunch of different items, it's probably a currency.

    As to your second question: patron status probably won't help you RP any better, nor will it help you build dimensions any faster. In much the same sense, patron status won't help raiders move out of fire any faster, nor will it help dungeoneers get a good pick-up group. It's not magic.

    So, no, if you avoid the more combat-y portions of the game, you probably won't gain as much from being a patron as a raider would. You're probably better off buying credits instead of Patron Status, and spending them on items in the store that you might actually use.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Kolfinna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Regarding the opening post,: it'll be about the same. On the one hand, the bonuses will be more precise, but on the other, they will be smaller.

    Right now, Cache Finder guild perk increases your currencies by giving you a 45% chance to get a bonus whether you loot one stone or ten. So, for a daily dungeon, you have a 55% chance of getting one raid mark, or a 45% chance of getting two, giving an average of, obviously, 1.45 marks per dungeon.

    In 2.3, Cache Finder looks like it's going down to 5% but since they're changing how it works, it's not a probability. It'll be 1.05 raid marks each and every time. But that's a worst case scenario. If you loot more than one at once, it starts favoring the new system. And Patron Status is an extra 15% on top of the Cache Finder's 5%. Here, let me make a table:

    Code:
    Base	2.2 Cache	2.3 Cache	2.3 C+Patron
    
    1	1.45		1.05		1.20
    3	3.45		3.15		3.60
    4	4.45		4.20		4.80
    6	6.45		6.30		7.20
    10	10.45		10.50		12.00
    In something like TDQ, right now you get 3 Frozen Eclipse Stones from each of four bosses. On average, (if you're in a guild with Cache Finder) that means you're getting 13.8 stones per run, since each boss has a chance for a bonus stone. With the new system, non patrons will get exactly 12.6 per run and patrons will get exactly 14.4 per run (translated into 2.2 numbers).

    For non-raid things (like Infinity Stones) a Patron has access to the Patron's Token, which further increases rewards for a limited time. If you wait to do all your dailies, then pop it right before turn-in, I suspect you can get a lot of use out of it. It's nothing but pure bonus over the current system, so there'll be a lot more dungeon marks and infinity stones than there were before. But raid marks are gonna average out to be about the same.
    Last edited by Kolfinna; 06-03-2013 at 01:36 PM.

  6. #6
    Telaran Jaydhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default

    [QUOTE=Kolfinna;4272847]Well, this specifically was about currency, so I dare say that the 15% is, well, about currency. Fish aren't currency, artifacts aren't currency, flowers aren't currency, and artifacts aren't currency. There isn't a shop that sells things using any of those as the medium of exchange.

    Currencies are things like (but not limited to) platinum, dungeon marks, and infinity stones. A handy rule of thumb: if a vendor needs a bunch of it for a bunch of different items, it's probably a currency.
    QUOTE]

    On the contrary, artifacts themselves are not a currency, but you turn them in for a form of currency.

    Likewise, fish are not a currency, but you turn in sets of five fish for varying amounts of crafting marks, which are a currency. Others do other crafting dailies for crafting marks...

    Likewise, you can currently turn in fishing dailies for platinum, and platinum is definitely a currency.

    I didn't need an explanation of what a currency is, I get that. I just need to know if all currencies will get a 15% bonus or just the plaques/marks that help dungeon/raiders... and I still don't have an answer. TY.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts