+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
Like Tree15Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Faction Change Achievements

  1. #16
    Telaran Zwien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Not doing anything in regards to this situation.

    ~Daglar
    But Daglar, dont you think its strange that in order to get more achievements you HAVE to faction change, and when there are more faction achievements you have to change again? THis is how i think it should be: When someone faction changes all the achievements that you can only get when you are the faction you just changed from, will go to legacy (aka no points). This way the competitive achievers can still do their thing, without having to switch factions.
    Last edited by Zwien; 06-05-2013 at 11:14 PM.

  2. #17
    Ascendant Ailene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far far north (Norway)
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IneedMoney View Post
    wait, what?
    What does that mean? Do you lose rep when you change faction?
    Defiants and Guardians have different rep in Warfronts. So even if my rep with Noble Guard is maxed, my rep with Eldritch Vanguard is at 0.

    After the faction change I can still buy things that I got access to with my Guardian rep, so it's not a big deal. But, if I wanted the Defiant PvP mount as well, it would be a new rep grind there. And last, but def not least, an empty bar is still an empty bar, even when it comes to rep you don't need. Eventually you'll want it, just to have it.

  3. #18
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    But they aren't taking away anything you had befor
    That's dangerous logic.

    We also didn't have the T2 raids before; that doesn't justify a scenario where they are on the cash shop.

  4. #19
    Plane Touched Wryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IneedMoney View Post
    wait, what?
    What does that mean? Do you lose rep when you change faction?
    No risk no fun, Money. Just go Guardian... and tell me if/how it's working. ;P

  5. #20
    Ascendant Onebutton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    So based on the comments here and Daglar's comment, does this mean that if you change your faction, those achievements are available to you? This seems to mean you would/could get more achievement points than the maximum then.

    Anyone comment on this?
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

  6. #21
    Telaran Zwien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    So based on the comments here and Daglar's comment, does this mean that if you change your faction, those achievements are available to you? This seems to mean you would/could get more achievement points than the maximum then.

    Anyone comment on this?
    That is exactly what i fear. Just make the faction achievements you currently have legacy achievements when you switch, easiest fix i think

  7. #22
    Ascendant Ailene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far far north (Norway)
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zwien View Post
    That is exactly what i fear. Just make the faction achievements you currently have legacy achievements when you switch, easiest fix i think
    Now that would require you to do them all over again, and that's not really fair is it?

  8. #23
    RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Now that would require you to do them all over again, and that's not really fair is it?
    Only if you switch back.

    I assume this is related to the thing I noticed back in Beta, that the "all characters" achievement tab had a slightly higher maximum total than a single character's tab, because no one character can get all of them. Only now I suppose they could.

    But in practice, I guess I don't see that as a problem, except insofar as I think faction systems are in and of themselves sort of annoying.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

  9. #24
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    I'm sorry, the Kindergarten is that way.

    FYI, ALL achievements are available to you, but nowhere it is written that you have to be able to have them all on one character.
    Obviously it is not going to be written anywhere in ANY MMO that you have to be able to have them all on one character but there isn't a game out there besides specific class/race achievements that award point achievements across the board in any other game also.

    Personally I guess I haven''t played a game MMO style that is that doesn't let you attain everything on one toon or a game that promotes you to "if you want everything go make another character to attain it."

    Either way my I will do what is necessary to attain all the achievements because well... that is who i am, but it will not stop me for the fact of pointing out or raising ideas to people of ways or things that could be done differently.

    If anything if we could get some clarification on or if this could be answered in depth through stream or forums to alleviate some of the confusion on the subject as you can see this has birthed a lot of questions acrossed the board

  10. #25
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default Poke

    Quote Originally Posted by Zwien View Post
    I am a competitive achiever and i may even be in the top 5 (if not 1).
    Hehe whats your score just curious not to get off topic of what this thread is really about.

  11. #26
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldwyn View Post
    Obviously it is not going to be written anywhere in ANY MMO that you have to be able to have them all on one character but there isn't a game out there besides specific class/race achievements that award point achievements across the board in any other game also.

    Personally I guess I haven''t played a game MMO style that is that doesn't let you attain everything on one toon or a game that promotes you to "if you want everything go make another character to attain it."

    Either way my I will do what is necessary to attain all the achievements because well... that is who i am, but it will not stop me for the fact of pointing out or raising ideas to people of ways or things that could be done differently.

    If anything if we could get some clarification on or if this could be answered in depth through stream or forums to alleviate some of the confusion on the subject as you can see this has birthed a lot of questions acrossed the board
    Not to drastically take away from your main point, since I don't much disagree with it, but pointing out a subtlety. The core issue seems to be "If I want every achievement, I have to pay to faction change - I can't access it 'naturally' on my one character, and that's not true of other games/Rift right now". I would point out that in current Rift there are many things you cannot do without a second character, and the only difference is that you aren't given points for them.

    Right now, for example, you can't craft any arbitrary item I ask for with just one character. You're restricted to 3 professions. To me, being a completionist as well, I don't see the difference between "I want to complete all achievements" and "I want to collect all recipes" - those are both things to make my character more complete, and I plan on doing both when 2.3 hits. Similarly you can't, even if you have a specific profession, have every possible recipe for it (there are ones that require Defiant and Guardian factions). If you (as an account) wanted to be able to craft literally everything, you would need multiple toons for this in the current state of Rift.

    So yes - I do want a "cleaner" implementation of this, because I don't want to faction swap every year to clean up faction-specific achievements. However, I don't believe it's accurate to say you could do "everything" before with just one character and now you can't. You were restricted before, and it remains true, however the only difference is now that is more visible because it's in your achievements tab as "incomplete".

    Honestly, except for the PVP rank achievements, the easiest thing I can think of is simply allowing completion of them for the opposite faction (explore the faction capital cities, complete zone events in opposite faction starter zones, do the story quests of the opposite faction in all zones are the big examples, killing opposite-faction players in various zones) and just coming up with some sort of "friendship" quest that lets this conceptually make sense.
    Last edited by wraithh; 06-06-2013 at 09:21 AM.

  12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #27
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,389

    Default

    We are not going to be changing our policy on this any time soon folks.

    This is not an attempt to make money off of achievement hounds by any stretch. We are offering a new service and we are not going to take things away from characters if they choose to use that service.

    Those of you that are in the top percentile of achievement hunters have the option to engage in this and use it as you will.

    ~Daglar

  13. #28
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Defiants and Guardians have different rep in Warfronts. So even if my rep with Noble Guard is maxed, my rep with Eldritch Vanguard is at 0.

    After the faction change I can still buy things that I got access to with my Guardian rep, so it's not a big deal. But, if I wanted the Defiant PvP mount as well, it would be a new rep grind there. And last, but def not least, an empty bar is still an empty bar, even when it comes to rep you don't need. Eventually you'll want it, just to have it.
    That is the way it should be. You should have to grind out the new factions and you should have to earn the rep/achievements just like if you started a new toon. Its a new faction and a new achievement. It would be even worse then what the achievers are saying is going to happen if by just changing faction you suddenly had all the corresponding faction that you had before.

  14. #29
    Ascendant Ailene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far far north (Norway)
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Only if you switch back.
    How would it be only if I switch back? If I switch faction and all my faction related achievements are made Legacy, that would drop my score by quite a lot and I'd have to grind the same achievements for the other faction to be at the same score again. Would be silly if I only changed faction because I wanted to. My respond was to how I read what I quoted, if you read it in a different way, then I don't know.

    Quote Originally Posted by sancin View Post
    That is the way it should be. You should have to grind out the new factions and you should have to earn the rep/achievements just like if you started a new toon. Its a new faction and a new achievement. It would be even worse then what the achievers are saying is going to happen if by just changing faction you suddenly had all the corresponding faction that you had before.
    I was not asking to get the equal rep if I changed faction, in no way did I do that. I was more trying to explain how it seems to work on PTS, and I think I somewhere else made a laugh over how horrible little tempted I'd be to grind Port Scion for rep again. It doesn't bother me that I wouldn't get the rep if I changed faction, I understand that and would never expect to get it either. Don't worry, I'm not asking for things to be made easy for me. And I'm not even sure I'll change faction...

    But all in all it doesn't matter, Daglar just wrote how they're going to do it.

  15. #30
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Remember when you did a quest instead of credit carding and you had to buy all your master spells again?

    I call 2010 and beyond the Game Genie era of gaming. Instead of codes from a book we use the code on our card. Just plug that bad boy in and you are in win mode!
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts