+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Deeps Supply Crate. No. Just no.

Telaran

Default re

I bought 2 of the relic chests and as far as i can tell, at least the rewards are tailored to your calling. i. e. im a mage and received a crappy blue dagger and a epic essence on par with the raid rift lessers.
    This maybe true to some degree. But the Rune i got as a rogue in mine was for a 2h weapon.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

Quote Originally Posted by Bladehawk View Post
    This maybe true to some degree. But the Rune i got as a rogue in mine was for a 2h weapon.
    Found the issue, and removed that rune for Rogues.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

As a reminder (this is probably starting to sound like a broken record), just about everything on PTS is still a work in progress. Feedback on improvements, things not meeting your expectation, or anything that just flat out feels out of place is more then welcome.

We'd love to hear all your feedback about the lock boxes.

Our goal is to make the rewards nice, but still not provide the best gear in the game.

I have a couple bugs I need to clean up this morning, but I'll try to get back afterwords and drop a couple notes about what you can expect to find in these.

Shadowlander

Not having the best gear in the game is one thing I wasn't really expecting anything on the level of the pwe lock boxes. But I think some cool unique max speed mounts that can either only be gotten from the dropped lock boxes or the unique one for the 550 would be awesome.

This has been in my experience the case of lockboxes almost universally, such to the point that in other games I don't buy keys, I just sell them off in stacks on the auction house, where applicable.

In Neverwinter those epic purple lockboxes, when opened deliver a couple blue runes, some greens and about a thousand astral diamonds, which is roughly equivalent to an hour of less of drops/rewards from game play. In TERA it resulted in a handful of potions I didn't need, some scrolls and a key for another lockbox that resulted in the same findings, sans key. For LotRO I got potions and some crafting goods.

From my understanding the RNG for getting something decent/interesting is such that you would have to open stacks of these things wholesale, something I'm not willing to do. However lockboxes/grab-bags sell like hotcakes in SWTOR so at least *someone* buys 'em.

I am, however interested in the grab bags for wardrobe costumes. As far as the game goes these are the least useful, but for me having a costume ensemble for every mood is well worth it.

Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

I'm glad someone else has already posted this; I'm really not impressed with the content of these boxes.

They highest quality box costs about $4. I opened a few of them last night and all I got were like 12 infinity stones, a couple cheap potions, a level 28 rune, and a really terrible green quality lesser essence.

The RNG on how terrible the rewards can be is absolutely NOT worth $4 to me, and this is coming from someone who spent hundreds of dollars in Guild Wars 2's cash shop. I definitely don't see myself ever buying a single box on live.

Soulwalker

Hi i have bought around 30 of these boxes (orange ones).
    I have got:
    1 mount
    2 pets
    1 orange essence
    1 orange chest piece
    1 world event robe.
    several purples and blues and a lot of different marks.
    I'm glad i did this now and not on live. Here is the problem:
    I got several repeats of the same item. I have got several weapons types but never the one i wanted ( Staff). Most of the items are blue quality which makes them extremely expensive, some items parts i never got.

As they are now these boxes are a complete waste of money, not only that but when i saw the mount drop from one of these boxes my fear as come true and trion is using the same system as SWTOR and GW2, there is a reason i don't play those games anymore, gambling on a mmo in unacceptable to me.

Please consider changing these until the patch goes live. Just go to the forums of those 2 games i mentioned and see how aggravated the community becomes over the RNG, it may be lucrative in the beginning but in a long run you will lose a lot of players ( The ones who do spend money and support you).

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nishka View Post
    1 mount
    2 pets
    Out of curiosity, which mount/pets did you get?

I got some really awesome trinkets:

Soulwalker

The mount is: Amethyst Ki Rin
    Pets:Gil and Blue Shell Crab

Ascendant

I checked out a few...

My personal thoughts, the token drops (IS, warlord, dungeon marks) need to be increased to be more in line with current amounts. I think it should be 50% of a dungeon run, a zone event, and i don't PvP so i can't comment on tho those marks.
    \

who would've thought that gambling isn't a good value

Shadowlander

I purchased allot of those boxes, all three types.

My biggest concern is that I was actually get lots of Relics (Orange?) out of the Epic (Purple) box..... in fact that middle box gave me the most Epics / Relics out of all of them.

It was my understanding that each box could only have items UP TO the quality of the box??

Even the Rare (Blue) box was dropping stack of epics...

Rift Disciple

I purchased a fairly large number of the relic crates and generally, the item inside wasn't worth the cost. Most frequently I'd find myself with a rare or epic quality piece of equipment that had low stats. Occasionally I'd get some relic runes or consumables and rarely I'd get a vanity item. In addition to this, you always seem to get a small number of one of the currencies such as Infinity Stones.

As I've played the game for a while, the rare, epic and relic quality gear wasn't really worth the cost to me as I'd never use it. As a result, due to the high chance of getting such an item, I'd never purchase these crates on Live servers.

In order to make the crates more appealing to all users rather than those after some quick (random) gear, I'd suggest having a guaranteed reward of a fun vanity item in addition to the equipment/consumable, instead of having a chance to replace it. Throw a random singular costume piece in or some shapeshifting consumables like 'Form of the Squirrel' or 'Alo's Amazing Popped Corn' and now even if the equipment isn't worth keeping, the player at least gets something to play with or look at. Plus, if someone gets a costume piece they particularly like, they may feel inclined to go ahead and buy the rest of the set.

Finally, could you please check that the relic-quality trinkets are in line with the rest of the items awarded? For example, I'm fairly certain I received a 'Diamond Spans' relic helmet and may have seen a relic hammer with a similar name. Their stats were both considerably below that of raid gear, like you've mentioned they should be and that's great. The trinket for the set though is very, very good...

Thanks.

Ascendant

Default IS stone scaling.

Just jumped on the PTS to see if anything new. There was some chat about the lock boxes and people said they got 22 infinity stones from one. I suspect the contents of the box hasn't scaled with the rest of the infinity stone rewards/costs. Since after the conversion one infinity stone will equal 30, 22 is less than one old stone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast