+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Free-to-Play Store Test - Earn up to DOUBLE your Credits!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DMJeanette View Post
    I'm sure coin lock stops that. So unless the hacker has gotten your email and your rift account... or broke into your house... it's probably safe.
    Hopefully, it does. But what about those that allow their kids or significant other access to their account? Their are probably a lot of families that share accounts.

I don't do that, but I am sure their are some that do.

Personally I would like to see that on any attempt to buy more credits, that it should go thru an automatic "coin lock" process prior to the actually purchase taking place.

Just came here to say that I think it's quite sick, that people would rather spend money on internet clothes than to donate just that money to charity.
    Oops sorry, did I just speak out loud? Yay costumes!!! Gief!111

Quote Originally Posted by mhaze View Post
    Just came here to say that I think it's quite sick, that people would rather spend money on internet clothes than to donate just that money to charity.
    No worse than spending it to go see a movie, download music, or any other form of entertainment.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Shadowlander

I came to say more or less what Eiladin said, i just made a purchase and theres no security for it at all. I used paypal and it didnt asked me the pass or anything, i know i have it as a confirmed way to pay but still. IMO add one time use codes (like coin lock) when you do purchases or something, if not if you gt hacked you might lose way more than just your account. If not let us remove it from the confirmed payment ways from the store, so i can put it and remove it everytime i want to buy something.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddori View Post
    No worse than spending it to go see a movie, download music, or any other form of entertainment.
    You're right to some degree, and that's exactly what makes it so sick.
    I'm gonna spend thousands!

It is a classic case of "bread and circuses". For those who are not familiar with the phrase, here's a paragraph from Wikipedia:

"Bread and Circuses" (or bread and games) (from Latin: panem et circenses) is a metaphor for a superficial means of appeasement. In the case of politics, the phrase is used to describe the creation of public approval, not through exemplary or excellent public service or public policy, but through diversion; distraction; or the mere satisfaction of the immediate, shallow requirements of a populace, as an offered "palliative." Juvenal decried it as a simplistic motivation of common people. The phrase also implies the erosion or ignorance of civic duty amongst the concerns of the common man.

In modern usage, the phrase is taken to describe a populace that no longer values civic virtues and the public life. To many across the political spectrum, left and right, it connotes a supposed triviality and frivolity that characterized the Roman Republic prior to its decline into the autocratic monarchy characteristic of the later Roman Empire's transformation about 44 B.C"

End wiki quote.

That being said, it's okay. People have the great freedom to do what they want with their money. If people want to spend it on pixels, so be it. All the complaining we do about whether Rift is doing a good job or a bad job with this F2P transition... those are some serious first world problems, dontcha knowit. It does good, I think, to remember that. It's good to remember that we aren't accessing the internet from a town that's been flattened in Oklahoma, for example. It's good to have it good, and its good to remember that we have it good from time to time. And for those who can, many are giving to charity AND giving to their entertainment budget. It is not an either/or.

And oh. Support Trion. I personally like our version of the circus and please don't let this lovely, beautiful, engaging distraction from reality fail so that we might have to deal with more of the real world! :-) I am not even being snarky or cynical when I say this. I am a cancer patient and sometimes am in a lot of pain, the distraction Rift provides is quite literally distracting and palliative and that's a REALLY good thing for me. Everyone needs someplace to get away sometimes, and that's ok. Whatever your reason for wanting to have Rift to play is okay. The reasons don't have to be the same in order for the community of Rift to be united in one common goal of keeping the game viable and healthy and there for us!

I am grateful to all the people who are spending a little more on credits during the test in hope of getting a bonus during live. You are supporting Trion! Yay you! Being able to play the game is helping me, and I really don't have the funds to give Trion a little more right now. So thank you to those of you who DO, who are helping the game out, and in some small way, helping me out. Thank you.

Soulwalker

Before I make a purchase, I want to make sure I am clear. Do the credits need to be purchased using a character I transferred to the PTS or can I just make a random level 1 just to test out the store? Assuming I can just use a level 1 on the PTS, will the credits be available for all of my characters on live?

I think it's quite sick that people would want others to lose their job, when they could spend their money on internet clothes and keep those people employed.

i mean... no wait, thats exactly what i mean.

"We are the Red Order within the immortal Chaos. We are Shadowblade."

Quote Originally Posted by Temko Firewing View Post
    I think it's quite sick that people would want others to lose their job, when they could spend their money on internet clothes and keep those people employed.

i mean... no wait, thats exactly what i mean.
    I think Elrar made it pretty clear during the podcast that Rift does not intend to pressure anyone to spend money on credits during the test. To do my best to quote him "If its something you can do and want to do, then great, and thanks for supporting Rift, if not, there is no pressure to do so". The PTS double your credits test is a cash boon to Rift but wont make or break their bank. The success of free to play transition will have a much greater impact.

Those who can support Rift with credit buying are awesome, those who can't can still help test the new items in the cash store by replicating their Public Test Shard Platinum and support Rift by giving them feedback on those items. Let's not set people in the community against each other. Plat players and credit players are all still RIFT players and we are one community which should give everyone in it, respect.

Lets quit the "make me sick" stuff from both ends.

Telaran

You know what grinds my gears? Trolls... always under people's bridges, eating their billy goats, *enter rant mode*

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #161
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by ennacat View Post
    Before I make a purchase, I want to make sure I am clear. Do the credits need to be purchased using a character I transferred to the PTS or can I just make a random level 1 just to test out the store? Assuming I can just use a level 1 on the PTS, will the credits be available for all of my characters on live?
    That's right, it doesn't matter what character you spend the credits on. All that matters is that you're using your live account.

/aahz

If we find a game breaking issue (that sounds really dramatic..), is there anyone I can tell directly? I'm not really content leaving it to the feedback system or trusting that others have reported it.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #163
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    If we find a game breaking issue (that sounds really dramatic..), is there anyone I can tell directly? I'm not really content leaving it to the feedback system or trusting that others have reported it.
    You can PM me, or Elrar for game breaking exploits.

~Daglar

Requesting some clarification on the 150%-200% credit return and loyalty.

Currently, loyalty on PTS is separated from loyalty on live (at least, I hope it is, with all of the max-loyalty players that wanted to test loyalty rewards on day one by "buying" 30-day patron passes).

Will the loyalty that would have been earned via buying credits on the PTS be applied to our accounts once the changes go live? Say I buy $100 worth of credits, that should be 37,000 loyalty (18,500x2), but since the purchase has already been made, there won't be a transaction event to trigger the loyalty tick.

Second question/issue. When I am reimbursed my PTS-spent credits on my live account, and the 50% or 100% bonus is applied, will that bonus count toward loyalty?

So, when I am reimbursed for my $100 in credits, will I be getting 0 loyalty, 37,000 loyalty, or 55,500/74,000 loyalty upon logging in once 2.3 goes live?
    Last edited by Thargrom; 06-03-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    Shermanator@Greybriar | 4/4(c) - 3/3 - 5/5 | R90 | Ten Inches Unbuffed

Telaran

Default Can't Login to PTS

I can't login to the PTS. I double checked the forum information on setup and I believe I did everything correctly.

The login screen is showing "TEST-201-31-A-766362" in the top right corner. But when I enter my login information all I get is "The login request was not valid. Please try again later. (Error #2016)".

Do I not use the same login as my LIVE server login?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast