+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New vials: Still a garbage waste of time.

Soulwalker

Default New vials: Still a garbage waste of time.

If they are going to make only 4 you may as well remove the recipes, as they are utterly worthless.

4 hours worth of +5/5 stats per 3.75 days worth of dailies... so like .9 days per hour per raid member... Meaning that for a 20 man you would be spending 18 days worth of dailies per hour raided... utter garbage.

Even with the patron bonuses you would not be able to raid more than 12 hours a week, and that is if everyone was dumping everything into potions.

Which they won't, not when they can make 20 hours worth of powerstone per 3.75 days dailies.

Absolutely right.

Without making vials outlandishly powerful and giving crazy-stats, why not go with my solution of removing the need for coruscating shards on ALL consumables and moving them to permanent weapons and armor of epic T1 quality. I mean, it's dungeon T"0.5" content, it makes sense to help you get previous (FT/EE equivalent) raid items so you can start on T2 content, but it shouldn't be required for T2 content or start of T3 content.

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post4263625
    Last edited by Cassin; 05-28-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    <Addiction> GM(Rift). 4/4 FT, 5/5 EE.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by VermillionMadness View Post
    If they are going to make only 4 you may as well remove the recipes, as they are utterly worthless.

4 hours worth of +5/5 stats per 3.75 days worth of dailies... so like .9 days per hour per raid member... Meaning that for a 20 man you would be spending 18 days worth of dailies per hour raided... utter garbage.

Even with the patron bonuses you would not be able to raid more than 12 hours a week, and that is if everyone was dumping everything into potions.

Which they won't, not when they can make 20 hours worth of powerstone per 3.75 days dailies.
    They are not going away. You don't have to use them - some folks will choose to.

These items add a new layer to the economy - not everyone raids in RIFT. Not everyone will have an infinite need for dungeon marks. I expect to see these things up for sale on the auction house, just like the old crafting components were in days of yore.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    They are not going away. You don't have to use them - some folks will choose to.

These items add a new layer to the economy - not everyone raids in RIFT. Not everyone will have an infinite need for dungeon marks. I expect to see these things up for sale on the auction house, just like the old crafting components were in days of yore.

~Daglar
    The problem is, a lot of raiders don't even use the current best ones. Adding another layer on top is excessive. I don't like some of the other possible outcomes here either.
    Nope.

Soulwalker

~Daglar
    Here is the rub though, those potions are about 90% less effective per time spent than most of the other consumables. 25% the duration per unit spent, and then 33-50% value by comparison.

Whereas had you given us new plithers/tonics/dyes you could justify that kinda of top-of-shelf spending, these are quite literally a waste of database space.

So either 5x the quantity made, or scrap them and replace them with something useable.

Shadowlander

Default Duration

Make the vials last for 4 hours like the other consumables do. Maybe even increase the stats more to make them even more worthwhile. Remove the expert crafting mat from the bottles of critical strikes, 4 of those only give 1 minute of total buff, certainly not worth the time or plat for those.
    Last edited by Fireflye; 05-28-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflye View Post
    Make the vials last for 4 hours like the other consumables do. Maybe even increase the stats more to make them even more worthwhile. Remove the expert crafting mat from the bottles of critical strikes, 4 of those only give 1 minute of total buff, certainly not worth the time or plat for those.
    100% true!!

While the other vials are something like heavy expensive, these 15 sec stat push bottles are not financially feasible - even if you will have bosses on farm and going for a dps race most people won´t spend their marks for them I guess - during progress they are absolutely no option. The costs for the new powerstones are also quite high but the price is something many people will arrange with - would be fine if the 1 hour vials like the +60 int also show an extendes duration when they come to live.
    .: WHITE WING :.
    Bansheee - Brutwacht EU
    www.whitewing.eu
    PBB 1/5 | IG 1/3 | GA 3/4 | EE 5/5 | FT 4/4 | TDQ 4/4

Sword of Telara

I expect to see these things up for sale on the auction house
    And when your expectations aren't met, do you have a plan B?

hardcore raiders will. end of story

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejaye View Post
    And when your expectations aren't met, do you have a plan B?
    If they are not met, we will adjust - like we always adjust.

I totally understand that players don't want to spend time making some of these things - but if we removed every single thing that took time, or removed interdependence between players, and removed potential touch points for the economy the game would be worse for it.

~Daglar

Plane Walker

Why not just make a useful or fun touch point instead of well not useful and not fun? I know that's kind of a new concept in the mmo space. But there needs to be a fun litmus test as well.
    Mael (Cleric)/Merxie (Warrior)/Merxion (Rogue)/Merxi (Mage) - <Valens Nexus> - Wolfsbane
    4/4 TotDQ - 3/4 FT - 2/5 EE - 1/4 GA

Quote Originally Posted by Merxion View Post
    Why not just make a useful or fun touch point instead of well not useful and not fun? I know that's kind of a new concept in the mmo space. But there needs to be a fun litmus test as well.
    They are useful.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    They are useful.
    1/10th as useful as other alternatives is not really what I would call balanced.

Edit:

Or fun for that matter.
    Last edited by VermillionMadness; 05-29-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VermillionMadness View Post
    1/10th as useful as other alternatives is not really what I would call balanced.
    I think the word you're looking for is "worthwhile", rather than "useful". They're absolutely more useful than the existing consumables.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-29-2013 at 02:23 PM.

in order to justify the cost - the consumable need to last 4 hours, and all the mats needed to consumed for it - should result in making a stack of these - not 4 or 5.
    as it is meant for raiders - it should consume raid marks not dungeon.

as is - its very cost prohibitive
    the stat delta between current top ones and new top ones does not justify the cost.
    Last edited by calliyone; 05-29-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    ThreeSprings - Transcience
    Daelena - Mage - 4/4 5/5
    Overdork - Cleric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast