+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [bug]? A SATYR'S BEST FRIEND

Shadowlander

Default [bug]? A SATYR'S BEST FRIEND

after completing this quest "A SATYR'S BEST FRIEND" and watching the interaction between the NPC's (not gonna spoil that part for folks that haven't seen it) the quest says to meet Atrophinius inside Kaaz,Gfuu... when I go to the quest marker near the entrance to the new chronicle there is nothing there..

I traveled down in to the hive as well and could find no path leading back to where the quest marker was on the lower levels. so if anyone has completed this quest a heads up would be appreciated...

I think they are "phasing" some of the NPCs. I can't complete an earlier story quest cause I did it out of order.

Just report it and hope it's fixed for live. lol

I was able to complete the quest you are talking about. He was right outside the instance for me.

Shadowlander

yeah, I read your thread about your earlier trouble with the general. I did all of the story quests in order so no idea why he would be bugged for me.

hopefully they fix it before live.....

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

You meet Atrophinius outside the portal to the Chronicle after you defeat the waves of attackers during the Onslaught

The only issue i found with the phasing is at the very start of the Dendrome, if you talk to Atrophinius before getting sent there by General Batu it can screw up an achievement, otherwise not essential, but i have completed the Atrophinius storyline

Shadowlander

yeah, he's not outside the entrance for me. the only thing I can think of that might have thrown it out of wack is I completed the chronicle before the story quest. if you talk to him in the chronicle after returning to the entrance he refers to what took place outside.

not sure why that would mess anyhting up. but as you can see in the screenshot he's not at his marker. and I've logged out and back several times to make sure he wasn't just invisible or under the world.

[bug]? A SATYR'S BEST FRIEND-2013-05-28_094718.jpg

Shadowlander

I abandoned the quest and picked it up from Atrophinius in Hailol again and completed it again and he's still not there .. *shrug* .. definitely bugged.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Had you all done the chronicle previously?

I didn't do the chronicle previously before doing the story chain and I saw him outside. I went in the chronicle prior, but never beat it or fought a boss.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Try again after today's update. I made some changes to his visibility to address this. We'll see if it works.

My quest "motiest motes" can't be handed in after the update.

Again, I didn't do the quests in order. I handed in the one where the egg hatches before I handed this one in, so now I can no longer see the version of Atrophinius that I hand the quest in to.

Maybe I suggest, if this can't be fixed, to lock the story quests until the previous one that is suppose to be finished be finished.
    Maybe that was the intent and it's juts not working on the PTS I dunno. lol
    Last edited by hardy83; 05-28-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    Try again after today's update. I made some changes to his visibility to address this. We'll see if it works.

checked this morning before heading to work.. still no joy in Mudville
    [bug]? A SATYR'S BEST FRIEND-2013-05-29_035858.jpg

Shadowlander

So I tested this with a pair of fresh eyes (I copied my toon over again and did the complete storyline over again).. and the only notable change I made was I did not do the chronicle before reaching this stage of the quest line.

as you can see in the screenshot Atrophinius is indeed there now. I would say that doing the chronicle is the key suspect in the trouble I had earlier. I'm half tempted not to turn the quest in and run through the chronicle to see if it is indeed the problem. but since I have yet to receive a paycheck from Trion I will leave that in their capable hands... hope the footwork I did on it so far at least helps though.

[bug]? A SATYR'S BEST FRIEND-2013-05-29_084756.jpg

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Very helpful. Thank you.

The current built let me hand in that quest I couldn't hand in. It's all good now. :P

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Awesome. Please let me know if there are any other quest blockers you guys are running into.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast