+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Champian
  • 1 Post By Delmlord
  • 1 Post By Champian
  • 1 Post By Muspel

Thread: Shard Jumping

Default Shard Jumping

At any point in the future, will there be a screen or a way of getting to another shard without having to spam their 60 chat for someone to invite me and then I click join instance? Just to immediately leave their group once I have the port. I'd like to see a screen with a list of shards, with a button that has "Join" on it. I know the whole shard jumping came before it was planned, but it's been some time now since then.

I'd like to be able to jump shards without bothering other people and/or 60 chats. And yes, I am in the crossevents channel, but this is the players way of using a system that isn't finished. HOKAY, so lets get an actual Utility for jumping shards!

It would be nice if they added it as a chat feature or something. /Join instance:faeblight or something. I don't see them making an npc.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

I don't need an npc, I'd rather see they make it a hotkey, just like the Store where if you press "X" key, it brings up a window with the list of shards to join.

The LFG system is disabled on the PTS, they could be testing some sort of feature like this behind the scenes
    Bleak - Bearded Scotsman and Badass Rogue for <Last Dawn> on Zaviel (EU)
    1/3 IG | 1/5 PB

Quote Originally Posted by Irasalgan View Post
    The LFG system is disabled on the PTS, they could be testing some sort of feature like this behind the scenes
    I'm guessing that LFG is disabled while they work on the raid mark cap.

I'm sure that's their plan.
    Other than picking a "base" shard when you start a game, they've constantly stated they want to bring all players together.

Having an easy way to travel to different shards would definitely do that, but I'm sure there's many technical hurdles to overcome.

I personally would want it to either be an open when you right click your icon or the minimap, or just have button attached to the left side of the minimap like all the other quick access buttons.

When you click it, you see a list of shards you can go to and their population. If a shard is full you clearly can't travel to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    I'm sure that's their plan.
    Other than picking a "base" shard when you start a game, they've constantly stated they want to bring all players together.

Having an easy way to travel to different shards would definitely do that, but I'm sure there's many technical hurdles to overcome.

I personally would want it to either be an open when you right click your icon or the minimap, or just have button attached to the left side of the minimap like all the other quick access buttons.

When you click it, you see a list of shards you can go to and their population. If a shard is full you clearly can't travel to that one.
    I don't disagree with any of this. I don't care how it's done. The current system of getting your toon to another shard is just..........you fill in the blank, especially when multiple events are up.

They did state they had something in mind.

As for the LFG being disabled; it initially occurred shortly after a group of PTSers noticed a new dungeon in the LFG called "Realm of Twisted Dreams", tried queuing for it, and crashed the shard. The LFG was disabled after that.

As for why it is still down after this long, it's probably because they aren't ready to show any changes they've made to it, or perhaps they just haven't re-enabled it.

(As for "Realm of Twisted Dreams", it sounds like a dungeon meant for that Dream City content).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    As for the LFG being disabled; it initially occurred shortly after a group of PTSers noticed a new dungeon in the LFG called "Realm of Twisted Dreams", tried queuing for it, and crashed the shard. The LFG was disabled after that.
    Pretty sure they re-enabled it a short time later.

Not that I was involved in the initial crash. Nope, it definitely wasn't me that assembled that group and crashed the PTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Pretty sure they re-enabled it a short time later.

Not that I was involved in the initial crash. Nope, it definitely wasn't me that assembled that group and crashed the PTS.
    And I was flagged as support :< My BM never reached the place called Realm of Twisted Dreams.

Prophet of Telara

Here's what you can do in 2.3:

* create a new rift account
    * create a new toon for every shard and get them out of the starter area (should take you 1-2 hours)
    * get them in your guild and banner them to Tempest Bay

Congrats, you now have one toon per shard.

Then if there's an event, login to both accounts and invite each other then simply right click -> join instance. Even though your low-level toon is in Tempest Bay and the event is in Ashora for example, it will still work because both of you are in the SL zones.

This is what my friend is doing but the downside of doing this now is he has to pay for two Rift subscriptions.
    Last edited by m1nus; 05-27-2013 at 06:58 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Irasalgan View Post
    Something like this will probably be in a hotfix post 2.3. there's lot's of stuff to do for Dendrome and cash shop for now. Besides we'll have a huge influx of new players so you don't want easy shard hopping with that. Infact now that I think of it shard hopping should be disabled for a week or so while the realms populations stabilise.

+ Reply to Thread