+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Empowered Trinkets!

Ascendant

Default Empowered Trinkets!

Really, really awesome thing you added.
    My only issue is the following.

Cost
    The amount of IS it costs is too high, even with the multiplier changes that were recently made.
    This makes it very difficult to improve your gear because you're spending infinity stones on everything while you may have a large glut of other marks,

Instead, make them cost dungeon marks, since many of the trinkets are obtained in dungeons.

They need multiple paths like the CQ trinket
    The single path nature of these trinkets is very, very painful in some instance.

Example:

Empowered Death Toll:
    Strength 62
    dex 62
    end 42
    Attack power 43

Effect: Damage Melee abilities have a chance to deal an additional 2646 to 3235 death damage.

Empowered Touch of the storm queen
    int 62
    wis 62
    end 70
    crit power 37

effect: Damaging spells have a chance to deal an additional 2646 to 3236 air damage.

Problem: Harbinger abilities are NOT damaging spell abilities. They do not proc the empoered touch of the storm queen. This makes this trinket completely inaccessible to mages using the Harbinger soul.

The trinket that does proc from their abilities is the death toll, but the stats are heavily Rogue/Warrior aimed.
    This means that a Harbinger is required to use the PvP trinket due to the stats.

This is the same issue for BARDS, whose abilities are considered magical, and so they cannot use the death toll, they would be forced to use the PvP trinket.

The itemization team really should aim to making multiple branches so that the conquest trinket does NOT become a requirement for certain specs.
    Otherwise, player's will still be forced to use the CQ trinket due to having the inappopriate stats being applied.

Also, can someone please look into changing some of the healing trinkets?
    Using the CQ trnket when im Barding/Chloroing is still necessary given that an empowered storm queen's charge procs only on Single target heals.

You never said what the costs were of these trinkets in infinity stones.

I went into the Dendrome this morning and did some questing 60 infinity stones and exp plus cash for completing each quest. Thats a hell of a lot more (6 Times) for beating invasion bosses at the moment

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lonyn View Post
    You never said what the costs were of these trinkets in infinity stones.

I went into the Dendrome this morning and did some questing 60 infinity stones and exp plus cash for completing each quest. Thats a hell of a lot more (6 Times) for beating invasion bosses at the moment
    Wrong IS costs/rewards are scaled by x30 so 60 is equivalent to earning 2 currently (i.e. the same).

+1 To really liking the empowered trinket options but I imagine many unhappy campers who sold/runebroke old dungeon and raid trinkets a long time ago due to being inferior to the CQ trinket.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Champion of Telara

I too am curious what the IS costs are on these.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Plane Touched

Why am I not surprised to see people complaining about the cost to add stats to trinkets? Of course it's going to cost a lot! It's raining IS these days with cross-shard hopping,you can earn IS at a much higher rate than CQ marks. If it takes a week or two of doing CQ pretty hard core to upgrade the trinket, why would it take less time to do it outside of that?

Hoarders reign supreme

cuddles self in soon to be empowered casket of nightmares

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RogueUnseen View Post
    Why am I not surprised to see people complaining about the cost to add stats to trinkets? Of course it's going to cost a lot! It's raining IS these days with cross-shard hopping,you can earn IS at a much higher rate than CQ marks. If it takes a week or two of doing CQ pretty hard core to upgrade the trinket, why would it take less time to do it outside of that?
    The amount of IS it costs to empower a trinket is the equivalent of buying two BIS essences from Torvan hunter prime.

My issue isn't JUST the cost, but the fact that EVERYTHING from your essences to weapons and armor and trinkets costs Infinity Stones.
    hey should instead ease the glut of dungeon marks we have.

Furthermore, they should give several of the trinkets two branches.
    One for mages/clerics.
    One for Warriors/Rogues since several trinkets are used by all 4 callings.
    If needed I can go ahead and write down a list ahead of time for them if I get a little help from the community with it.
    Last edited by Katosu; 05-22-2013 at 05:46 AM.

oh no.. X item is better than another depending on class/spec. whatever shall we do? lol

Soulwalker

Empowered Deah Toll didnt even proc with my abilities as shaman, nor did Storm Queen's.
    This will be changed for sure ^^

I love how balanced the tank trinkets are here, are 2 good tank trinkets to compare:

Empowered Trinkets!-2013-05-23_14331.jpg

Must be good for warriors/rogues... clerics feel the love.
    Last edited by steveirrthum; 05-23-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Oria <Exploit>

Experts / Raid Rifts / Triumph of the Dragon Queen / Frozen Tempest = World First Endless Eclipse = World/EU 2nd
    PTS Boat Race = World First

=> Cleric Tank PoV Videos <=

nice
    now we need the same set up but for greater essences onto core bases
    who took my names!

AS with any procing trinket, it's only any good if it procs regularly as it's not going to make a massive difference to dps otherwise.

For the Storm Queen one, doesn't really matter as i wouldn't say many mages (i could be wrong) use harb for every single fight in an instance more likely a range spec so this becomes less of an issue
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

I can't wait to see an assassin with that trinket want to duel me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    nice
    now we need the same set up but for greater essences onto core bases
    I'd love to see more use from Greaters in general. I was telling a new player that he could load up his Greater slots with lessers for more stats instead of Greater procs. He was some combination of shocked, dismayed, boggled, and pleased.

The whole greater thing just seems to have fallen away. If greaters were a proc + stats, it'd make sigil assembly a lot more thoughtful.
    Last edited by Gamma Ray; 05-23-2013 at 06:46 AM.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Replying to various statements in this thread:
    • We're looking into the trinket's stats. They are currently a WIP.
    • New trinkets in the new sliver are all branched and we've done away with some of the excessive qualifers such as 'on melee ability damage' to make it easier to enjoy one of RIFT's coolest features: multispeccing. I want to trickle this down to other trinkets, but that's not going to make it in for 2.3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast