Closed Thread
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Like Tree538Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift is officially PaytoWin

Shadowlander

I think this thread has proved beyond a doubt that the players of Rift are incredibly passionate about the game and although we may be prone to throwing various things out of the proverbial pram, I know we do it because we care. We care because we want it to remain a great game and we want to keep playing; whether we pay a subscription or we pay in the cash shop, we all just want to keep playing. Some of the things said in this thread have been a bit harsh, my rant included and I apologise for that. Thank you Daglar and Team, for listening to us and for taking our concerns seriously. I for one am much happier and I hope to enjoy many more days in Rift. Looking forward to June 12

woot now us adults can catch up to the rest of you!
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    woot now us adults can catch up to the rest of you!
    What are you even trying to get at?

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    What are you even trying to get at?
    Ignore him, just another person without any actual feedback.
    --BC

Plane Walker

Time = Money

Spend Time to succeed in Rift

So right now Rift is pay to play.

I like that I can throw down some cash to equalize the time disparity between working gamers and non working gamers.
    Mael (Cleric)/Merxie (Warrior)/Merxion (Rogue)/Merxi (Mage) - <Valens Nexus> - Wolfsbane
    4/4 TotDQ - 3/4 FT - 2/5 EE - 1/4 GA

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Best in Slot is best in slot.
    No matter how close or how far.
    Otherwise, this entire discussion is pointless because an individual who never goes past level 10 would se the game as p2w because you can buy te level 10 gear.

Fast means quick movement.
    Cold means a low temperature.
    We use words based upon their agreed definition.
    In an MMO, BIS means that is ithe best in slot for that role.
    Meaning nothing can replace it.

Most of the BIS items in RIFT have never been far and away the best.
    They have always ha very close competitors even in regularly dropped Epic items.

Desolate items have never been on sale for credits.

Well by that logic they shouldn't sell expert gearf rom level 50's because it is close to the raid gear at level 50.

Irrelevant gear is irrelevant.
    Expert gear =/= Raid gear.

No one is disagreeing with you on that matter, the point is that yelling and shouting does nothing if we don't have all the information on items.

Who is to say ALL of the vendor items are not BIS?
    wat is this i don't even

...Left Field............................................. .....................Everyone else
    ...Katosu......................................... .................................................. .
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

How else will the game still be live if they don't have any source of income to pay for servers? Did you expect them to go F2P and make magic money from it?

if you disagree fine, let them know. Does everything from PTS make it to Live?

I think you guys are over reacting.

At this point, if you have been raiding since launch, you don't need tokens, so why on earth are you bugged about a token potion?

You still need the rep for that stuff??? All it saves you is the 240IS from farming zone events. Which are GOD AWFUL by the way. I can only slam pies into that goblin's face so many times before it's like, o.k. seen this!!!

For people with jobs, I can work one hour and make $85. It would take me maybe 20+ hours of game time, grinding ridiculous events to pay for one glorified torvan essence. Yes, thank you, for the love of God, THANK YOU!! Let me pay my $10 for a few essences once I get rep.

Look you were paying $15 a mo to win before by just having a sub. I doubt that all your raid level consumable boosts will cost you more than that....

Quote Originally Posted by Amariah View Post
    At this point, if you have been raiding since launch, you don't need tokens, so why on earth are you bugged about a token potion?
    Because there will be more tiers of raiding.

Just really, very, truly happy that the developers are listening and keeping us informed as this transition occurs. I've always held Trion in higher regards compared to their direct competition and stuff like this really hammers that home, so thanks Daglar!

Can't wait for 2.3

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheBot View Post
    Does everything from PTS make it to Live?
    More often than it should.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Well you guys can all take a breather. Elrar just said on the live stream that they listened and the mark potions won't be there when it goes live. (didn't agree with op to start with but this should settle it for sure)
    Last edited by Anioneth; 05-24-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    snip.
    I enjoy how you try to act as if your opinion is a representation for the beliefs everyone else holds.

It is almost as amusing as the fact you cannot even recall the words you stated previously that resulted in my reply.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    I enjoy how you try to act as if your opinion is a representation for the beliefs everyone else holds.

It is almost as amusing as the fact you cannot even recall the words you stated previously that resulted in my reply.
    I was lost before. Now I'm completely without words. Nice work. I think we're done here.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Because there will be more tiers of raiding.
    Pretty sure they're using Frozen Eclipse Marks for all Storm Legion tiers, and turning old Raid Tokens into Dungeon Marks when the new raid tiers hit.

And then pricing the old raid gear for mucho Dungeon Marks.

So we don't have 3 Raid Currencies to juggle again.

Am I wrong, everyone? I'm pretty sure I heard this, but I could be misinterpreting (seriously).
    Last edited by Maeloda; 05-24-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast