Closed Thread
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree538Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift is officially PaytoWin

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    I personally don't care about the definition of P2W, it's also irrelevant to the discussion in this thread.

SImple fact is that Daglar yelled on a live stream to thousands of people that there will not be best-in-slot gear on the RMT side, yet there are dozens of them on the RMT store. This is what this thread is about.

You could ahve the current BiS lessers in the RMT store (the ones at 60k glorified) and keep the GLORIFIED+1 lessers at IS only. When new tier comes out, move current BiS to RMT and put new lessers to IS only.
    Considering the name of the thread is titled "Rift is officially PaytoWin" I would say that the definition is relevant. It would also mean that Ayona is an official....but I digress.

I don't really want to go back through 21 pages but are you the one that pointed out every single BiS "gear" in game in the most technical sense of the meaning? (Freelancer lessers are NOT BiS by the way) I have yet to see anything in the store that doesn't require some effort required before a credit card can be used...with the lucky coin mount being the only exception.

Since you like to be technical on a min/max level.....BiS core is a mix from Raid Rifts and Torvan/Lycini.

I believe the comments he made were in regard to gear acquired via raiding, hence the reason you do not see T1 level armor or weapons available for credits. It's quite obviously open to interpretation but I believe that to be the spirit in which he answered the question asked of him. He is the only one that can answer this, but at this point it doesn't really matter because you will all hang him no matter what he says.

Edit: You are the one pointing out all of those things, fast paced discussion going on here!
    Last edited by RogueUnseen; 05-23-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Telaran

RogueUnseen for President

Quote Originally Posted by RogueUnseen View Post
    Considering the name of the thread is titled "Rift is officially PaytoWin" I would say that the definition is relevant. It would also mean that Ayona is an official....but I digress.

I don't really want to go back through 21 pages but are you the one that pointed out every single BiS "gear" in game in the most technical sense of the meaning? (Freelancer lessers are NOT BiS by the way) I have yet to see anything in the store that doesn't require some effort required before a credit card can be used...with the lucky coin mount being the only exception.

Since you like to be technical on a min/max level.....BiS core is a mix from Raid Rifts and Torvan/Lycini.

I believe the comments he made were in regard to gear acquired via raiding, hence the reason you do not see T1 level armor or weapons available for credits. It's quite obviously open to interpretation but I believe that to be the spirit in which he answered the question asked of him. He is the only one that can answer this, but at this point it doesn't really matter because you will all hang him no matter what he says.

Edit: You are the one pointing out all of those things, fast paced discussion going on here!
    Daglar just has to rip out the worst stuff (token tablet to begin with) fully from the game. Him having a knee-jerk reaction with 1 item will cause 99% of the people going "DAGLAR LISTENED, IT'S NOT P2W ANYMORE!". Anything beyond that will be an icing on the cake.

The more we require, easier it becomes for Daglar to do to his investors and say "Listen, the forums have exploded with crap, we need to remove the tablets from the game and they will be happy".

I want more than just tablets out of the RMT store, that is why I go to excessive definitions. I can live with the rest of the stuff if I'm going to get enough credits to fill my machine via the 2-year sub I've had when I max reps, at least I want to get enough

Even the most soothing and calming voices will become the most annoying thing in the world if you have to listen to it for years on end.
    Last edited by Rounded; 05-23-2013 at 08:48 AM.

RIP RIft.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ayona View Post
    The only way to get TRION's attention now is to be aggressive. Why? Well, you've never actually tested raid content and put in feedback about the 100 bugs you found just to see it go live with no changes. This has been happening ever since testing was open to guilds. Of course, casuals are oblivious to this fact. It really sucks.
    There is a difference in being aggressive and being outright nonsensical and rude. The latter I don't think will garner you any more attention than the former.

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    This threads makes me glad I stick mainly to the Dungeons and Raids forum where it is generally safe due to the rabble having been run out.
    Would you kindly stop referring to people as 'rabble'? ;P
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    This threads makes me glad I stick mainly to the Dungeons and Raids forum where it is generally safe due to the rabble having been run out.
    It was originally in the Dungeons and Raids section but was moved

make cool as cosmetics!!! people will buy it Trion!! show your gfx off

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #355
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    I was under the impression that the CS was still incomplete, both in features/items and pricing, and not the focus of the current PTS iteration.
    The above is correct. The RIFT store is not complete

~Daglar

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Torvan lessers have practically an infinite supply of currency available and it only takes time. Conquest lessers don't, you cannot have neough CQ marks to buy all of the lessers, the progression towards a full sigil is capped to X amount of marks per day. Bypassing this limitation with real money is P2W in my opinion, it's giving goods which are not aquirable in-game at the same pace to those who want to spend money.

Same with the token tablets, those with money available, will be able to aquire goods faster than those who do not use them.
    IMO - individual time is a currency in the MMO world. CQ just takes time and requires no coordination. Getting the BIS raid equipment takes organization with other players.

Token Tablets are up for discussion, and based on the lack of popularity, will probably get removed from the test server.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    There is no raid gear for sale on the cash shop.
    All vendors use the same type of organized UI, but the cost for raid gear stll requires endless eclipse stones and not credit last I saw.

The vendor capes have never been BIS.
    Torvan Prime hunter cape is not best in slot for any class.
    All of the best in slot hunter capes were all obtained by killing Crucia and Regulos.

Essences from the vendor have not all been best in slot.
    For mages, 3 out of 6 of the vendor items are best in slot, with the other 3 being only obtainable in Raid RIFTS.

It is incorrect to state they are selling raid gear. Last time I was o n he PTS 8 hours ago, none of the raid gear was for sale to be bought.
    The only issues is the essences, given that the cape probably won't be BIS due to the nature of the gear.

I agree with the rest of your post htough.
    This is very, very nitpickey. While the Glorified Torvan cape is "perfectly" BiS, is it very, very, VERY close to BiS and, for many, will be the BiS they ever see. The only items better (and not by much) are those that drop off of Regulos himself. If we're to define BiS as being "only the #1 piece of gear per slot and nothing else" then count me out for Rift F2P.

As for raid gear not being for sale, that is absolutely false. I just checked last night and there was plenty of raid-quality gear for sale with credits. Perhaps they've removed it since then but I'll check tonight.

Essences from the vendor have not all been best in slot.
    For mages, 3 out of 6 of the vendor items are best in slot, with the other 3 being only obtainable in Raid RIFTS.
    It doesn't matter if it's 6 BiS essence or just 1. NONE should be for sale with credits. Period.
    Last edited by Synovia; 05-23-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Smackdaddy View Post
    I have no issue with Essences. Sorry but not all of us can play all day every day to farm the stones needed to upgrade sigil, and buy capes for all our chars. Explain to me the challenge that exists to farm infinity stones to buy rep item? Buying them just saves time. You are not a better player cause you spent time doing mindless stone farming to buy rep gear. So complaining about them is really a non issue. Now if they sold an essence that only drops from a raid rift or some raid world boss, that would be p2w.
    It is a terrible idea because it begins the top of a slippery slope where we are able to justify all sorts of "raid" gear without the need to actually earn it. If essences are able to be purchased with real money, then why not trinkets? Why not rings? If those are able to be purchased, then why not open up the rest of the slots? There needs to be a hard line drawn here and most of us believe that hard line should be well before any raid-quality gear is considered.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleton View Post
    news flash - trion needs to stay in business (by making money) and you are already paying money to play the game.

by putting in items like this they are just encouraging you to pay at least what you are paying now to play....no you dont have to...bt the items need to have an advantage,

anyone whining that they dont get to play the game for absolutely free is delusional...f2p isnt really free to play - its just the option of not having everything in game...

if you dont give trion money - then you wont have a game to play....period

That's kind of the point, though.

With F2P, game designers like Daglar are spending huge amounts of their finite time and energy trying to figure out how to make the *cash shop* viable and profitable. This is time that otherwise, with a subscription base, would be spent making the *game* better.

The fact that they are de-emphasizing the "let's make the game better" part in favor of, "okay, how do we get people who used to subscribe to pay us more than $15 a month via the cash shop" (an interesting academic challenge, I must admit) tells you all you really need to know. They've given up on this being the best game it could be.

I'm sure the bean-counters have told the devs that once profits pick up, there will be re-investment back into development. If the devs believe this for a moment, then I pity them. By the time this is decided, one way or another, the people telling them this will have collected their bonuses and will be long gone.
    Last edited by Ardor; 05-23-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Telaran

*nibbles on his Transmute bauble...*

... I like the cash shop....

Especially as someone who has run Golem foundry over 100 times trying to get that tanking sword... never seen it drop, but people tell me it's there... Maybe I'll be able to buy it, after spending so many runs trying to get it, and I can finally feel like my character has progressed?

*finishes nibbling transmute bauble, moves to Faction and Gender change items instead. *

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast