Closed Thread
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree538Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift is officially PaytoWin

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    I actually hope they keep the BiS lessers in shop for 2.3. That way, I can quit this game forever.
    Then leave.

If you are looking for an excuse to leave, why stay?
    Just so you can create bitter feelings to validate your feelings?
    Tsk tsk.

I'm going to see what happens here.

Frankly, I'm not going to raise an actual fuss about ANYTHING in the Rift Store until it is fully unveiled on the PTS in specific testing. That hasn't happened yet.

All, please stop the griefing. It is not BIS gear that we can buy!!

It is only 2nd best in slot, so Daglar and the others have not lied to us and it is not P2W

/sarcasm off

Somehow it feels like people have forgotten the last couple of years.

This transition isn't any easier for the devs than it is for us. Its not like they've designed a F2P model before, there is a lot of tweaking. At least Daglar is here in the heat of it, taking all the pissing you guys manage in order to fix things.

Yeah, I can see they have stuffed everything they think they can get away with in the shop, preparing to take it away if it doesn't fly. You think Trion, in their current predicament, are willing to pass something that the majority is hating?

I'm not a hardcore raider and couldn't care less about the vials, but I see people care about it, and so I hope Daglar goes through with his plan of not letting it affect the highest tokens.
    Personally I really don't believe all that many people will buy the BiS essences, and if they do the laugh is on them when they're stuck with 20k IS they have no clue what to do with.

I seriously belive some of you guys don't really know how to behave on a PTS. You're supposed to find what you don't like (and what you like!) and report it in a proper manner, not scream and wail and declare people liars. If you guys can write your posts in a coherent manner I think more work will be done quicker and better from the devs.

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

my 2 c

remove any sort of stats gear (everything)
    remove pots except maybe exp vials
    design and add a ton more of fluff items
    add a small % of added tokens to patrons
    rep? if you remove rep vials, cut the 90k to 50k

these are some examples. what i mean in general is
    make the cash shop really really really enjoyable for casuals/lore/rp players (= more $$)
    make the patron status like its more directed to Raiders ( a chance to keep the long subed casual and hardcore raiders/ guilds)
    let the newcomers enjoy the full content(not skipping anything)

All happy

Its a bit mess now Daglar. The line you said you were thinking its pretty thin atm.

p.s trust me, the amount of $$ a person will spend for cosmetics>>>>>> low/mid lvl gear
    Last edited by seppy; 05-23-2013 at 03:22 AM.
    Dps warrior - Apotheosys
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by DaCommando View Post
    LOL u must have not played any "REAL" Pay to Win games. I have seen a person through 10,000$ on few pieces of gear in another game i used to play. The funny thing, it wasnt just 1 person, there was a ton of ppl doing the same. You will be surprise how much $$ ppl r willing to spend on just a game.
    I've seen the same, I used to spend upwards $600+ monthly to be viable in runes of magic while some players spend an insane amount. The only thing that limits power in games like that is money but I'm glad rift hasn't taken that route.

I'm happy that the BiS gear is even available ingame and at a reasonable price too. A real pay to win game directly and instantly rewards power for money that isn't available anywhere else. The only things Trions kiddy shop offers a few time savers that indirecty give players a slight boost that takes months before really getting any game "winning" advantage from.

I'm quite relieved because the cash shop could of been much worse. If this model isn't able to support the game they'll just find another way like lock chest keys,chance upgrading gear, random loot boxes, pvp consumables to be viable?

I mean hey if you could afford $15 per month before it shouldn't have suddenly changed just because the game went F2P. Just throwing that out there. It's funny how a lot of people had no idea what the F2P announcement meant for rift, I'm not sure how anyone is surprised.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

I love when people get bent out of shape about BiS gear.

They seem to forget something very important ...

BEST IN SLOT in an MMO that constantly expands is NEVER "Best in slot" FOREVER.

You guys remember when the level cap was 50 and there was no Storm Legion? You remember what "Best in Slot" was? Is it STILL "Best in Slot" AFTER they raised the level cap and opened up 2 new continents? Nope.

You do know that they are going to soon be opening up a new zone, which is basically the "Ember Isle of Storm Legion" right? Do you think that NOTHING in there is going to be better than what is currently out there?

Do you honestly think that there won't be another expansion pack in a year and that all your "Best in Slot" will STILL be "Best in Slot"?

Really?

Just how new are you guys to the whole concept of a game that ADDS NEW CONTENT AND ITEMS ALL THE TIME?

Welcome to the world of ALL MMO's.

Here endith the lesson. Stop whining about "Best in Slot", because it NEVER stays "Best" for long.

For all you know, the stuff you see in the new market is 2nd or 3rd or even 4th best after the new zone gets opened up.
    Last edited by Proclus_Lycaeus; 05-23-2013 at 03:35 AM.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    Somehow it feels like people have forgotten the last couple of years.

This transition isn't any easier for the devs than it is for us. Its not like they've designed a F2P model before, there is a lot of tweaking. At least Daglar is here in the heat of it, taking all the pissing you guys manage in order to fix things.

Yeah, I can see they have stuffed everything they think they can get away with in the shop, preparing to take it away if it doesn't fly. You think Trion, in their current predicament, are willing to pass something that the majority is hating?

I'm not a hardcore raider and couldn't care less about the vials, but I see people care about it, and so I hope Daglar goes through with his plan of not letting it affect the highest tokens.
    Personally I really don't believe all that many people will buy the BiS essences, and if they do the laugh is on them when they're stuck with 20k IS they have no clue what to do with.

I seriously belive some of you guys don't really know how to behave on a PTS. You're supposed to find what you don't like (and what you like!) and report it in a proper manner, not scream and wail and declare people liars. If you guys can write your posts in a coherent manner I think more work will be done quicker and better from the devs.
    Hear Hear.

Ive been with Rift since It was known as Heroes of Telara and I can say that any selling of any raiding gear (im having a hard time dealing with expert gear) is wrong even if you cant use it w/o a specific rep. But thats why we have a PTS to test and see these things and to give our feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    I mean hey if you could afford $15 per month before it shouldn't have suddenly changed just because the game went F2P. Just throwing that out there. It's funny how a lot of people had no idea what the F2P announcement meant for rift, I'm not sure how anyone is surprised.
    I kinda agree to an extent regarding current players, assuming we don't end up spending more than what we do already on the pots.

However, what Rift needs right now (imo) is a population boost. This is going to come through an influx free to play players. I think these sorts of "pay2win" items in the cash shop could be stifling to that growth.
    Biz - L60/P81 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    I love when people get bent out of shape about BiS gear.

They seem to forget something very important ...

BEST IN SLOT in an MMO that constantly expands is NEVER "Best in slot" FOREVER.

You guys remember when the level cap was 50 and there was no Storm Legion? You remember what "Best in Slot" was? Is it STILL "Best in Slot" AFTER they raised the level cap and opened up 2 new continents? Nope.

You do know that they are going to soon be opening up a new zone, which is basically the "Ember Isle of Storm Legion" right? Do you think that NOTHING in there is going to be better than what is currently out there?

Do you honestly think that there won't be another expansion pack in a year and that all your "Best in Slot" will STILL be "Best in Slot"?

Really?

Just how new are you guys to the whole concept of a game that ADDS NEW CONTENT AND ITEMS ALL THE TIME?

Welcome to the world of ALL MMO's.

Here endith the lesson. Stop whining about "Best in Slot", because it NEVER stays "Best" for long.

For all you know, the stuff you see in the new market is 2nd or 3rd or even 4th best after the new zone gets opened up.
    What the hell does this have to do with anything?

Nobody is complaining that stuff will stop being best in slot. Nobody cares that people will be able to buy it when it's obselete.

Sure, it'll no longer be top gear next tier. So what? It's best in slot right now, and they're selling it.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-23-2013 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    And this is the problem. Only 4-5 guilds are going to even care about this due to competition. The rest will call us basement dwelling crybaby losers.

No the problem is that you guys think P2W only effects 4-5 Guilds.....

If ppl can buy BIS gear they are faster with clearing new content, that means in a long term that we get harder and harder bugged content so Trion can sell more BIS gear and more and more Casual guilds dont get along because they dont pay....

Honestly screw that 4-5 guilds competition, that world first races are over in a few weeks top, but after that 90% of the Rift players/guilds just have unbalanced Raids/Content....

Quote Originally Posted by Bizar View Post
    I kinda agree to an extent regarding current players, assuming we don't end up spending more than what we do already on the pots.

However, what Rift needs right now (imo) is a population boost. This is going to come through an influx free to play players. I think these sorts of "pay2win" items in the cash shop could be stifling to that growth.
    Well it could possibly but I like to think that most of the f2p players coming in are casuals not worried about winning anything. The majority will be occupied with frilly costumes, shiny new mounts, and dimensions and all those dimension items. Maybe some expert gear for the lazy ones but it's already available ingame for those who a patient enough.

There will be only a fraction of the playerbase will be interested in things like xp boosts, rep boosts and raid vials to have an advantage just because it's an advantage no matter how small, anniversary cakes anyone lol?

The influx of f2p casual players to hardcore raiders will be so huge it's crazy. Rift will offer some quality content for free which will attract so many players playing some cruddy f2p korean mmorpg or something. I can't name another f2p mmorpg that could rival what you get for free here.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Rift Disciple

I'm having a hard time figuring out why it's such a big deal what other players have on their characters. I guess maybe it's different for the hardcore people but for me I could care less if another player has better gear than me just because he/she spent more money. I'm still going to play my way and do my thing regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Then leave.

If you are looking for an excuse to leave, why stay?
    Just so you can create bitter feelings to validate your feelings?
    Tsk tsk.
    It's not an excuse, it's a reason.

There's a difference, perhaps you should learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    It's not an excuse, it's a reason.

There's a difference, perhaps you should learn it.
    Now we are stepping into the territory of Denial.

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast