Closed Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree538Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift is officially PaytoWin

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RogueUnseen View Post
    Whoa! Someone else gets it! No one is going to buy a full set of essences and cape because they will have earned enough to buy at least 1-2 items being as lazy as possible. Essentially, the buyable essences is a way around the planarite cap. You still have to have earn the rep, you can easily get the IS needed before 2.3 even gets here.

The ONLY people this is going to have any sort of effect on is the hardcore players who will have the rep on Friday after the patch (and will likely have already completed the 10 man). I would say that a good compromise to keep things competitive would be to make them available to purchase with cash one month after 2.3. This will be far more time than needed for half way decent guilds to down the 10 man and anyone wanting an advantage has to put in the time to get it.
    For semi-hardcore players, just the daily Torvan quest turn in's is worth 3100 rep. With no pots and no bonus that's 29 days to get to the new cap. Throw in rep earned while completing the quests and it's quite a bit lower than that.
    You think all hardcore raiding guilds will have the entire 10m cleared by Friday night after the patch? Do you have any more of whatever you're smoking? Have you even attempted GA on the PTS? Undoubtedly 1 or 2 guilds will plow through it quickly but I would expect most hardcore guilds to be on it for substantially more time than 2 days.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
    For those that didn't watch the live feed... "The best firggin cape in the game comes from killing ALL rares"
    I just don't even know what to say.

NO STATS BESIDES +192 RESIST ALL.

BEST CAPE.

IN GAME.

For those that haven't looked at the PTS, the cape reward for killing rares is not the best cape in game.

Trion,

I bet if you remove all mounts, bags, potions, tablets, and any items with stats on them (ie only keep fluff items and services on the cash shop), you'll still make more than enough money to justify going F2P, and you won't have a guilty conscience about ripping off your playerbase.

Don't let your cash shop let players skip out on playing the actual game.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    3. Nothing on the store allows you to bypass faction locks. You must have the proper faction to purchase things. That said, the credits prices on those essences were put on quite a while ago. Its on the list of things to review before things go live. Additional discussion about the ability to purchase those faction locked items like the essences among the community would be great.
    Iam quoting this so i have it at hand when you remove the faction lock in 3 months or less.

Oh wait thats not the new Trion style - must be "when you start selling potions that give you + xxxxx notoriety with yyyy "

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Timrum View Post
    Iam quoting this so i have it at hand when you remove the faction lock in 3 months or less.

Oh wait thats not the new Trion style - must be "when you start selling potions that give you + xxxxx notoriety with yyyy "
    Trion has been very open and responsive since F2P was announced. They've already made several changes as a direct result of player feedback. There's no reason to chastise them or assume that they will ignore player feedback now.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    Either remove token tablet or make it a perk for being a subscriber.
    ...That is still P2W, except instead of spending money on it separately, you're now paying for it via a subscription.

If I was a game company that wanted to prove to suspicious and paranoid player base that I was not going to sell out, I would avoid ANY shadow of the doubt. Never having equipment section, not even on PTS for testing.

If I am a government and people are paranoid about being spied on, I would not be developing a secret draft to spy on people, and when the memo was released, saying "ugh it's not a law YET, we'll consider feedback/amendment proposals." If they're considering it AS A DRAFT, they are the kind of people that don't value your privacy.

If a game company is "considering" feedback on this, they are the kind of people that will sell out in 6 months time. And anything you do now will be pointless.

Consider this, why play live at all? You could play PTS/dupe currency in the same way, it's the same game. Progress raids on PTS, buy things off duped cash shop, what's the point of live?

Your character means nothing, any investment you do in your character means nothing. No one is going to care about your achievements because there will be a shadow of the doubt of how you got them.
    <Addiction> GM(Rift). 4/4 FT, 5/5 EE.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    ...That is still P2W, except instead of spending money on it separately, you're now paying for it via a subscription.
    Agreed as someone who will have patron for a while and may continue it in support I don't want to see it in patron either.
    Tres <Wipe>
    WOLFSBANE

Champion of Telara

Like 2 people mentioned earlier, the fact that TRION consciously designed this token tablet is what's worrisome and clearly indicates a lack of care and compassion towards the opinions of the majority of the players.

I call Daglar a liar because he consciously designed this token tablet, even if it isn't on the PTS and still on their whiteboard.

The qq here is stroooooooong. I'm running out of popcorn

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    You can call it that, but its more like keeping the game a sub game, and disguising free to play as the whole game, when really its not because you get less marks.

I never expected , nor wanted to truly play for free, someone has to support the servers and content development.

As long as we don't have to buy tablets and buy a sub that is, that is crazy and wrong.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    You think all hardcore raiding guilds will have the entire 10m cleared by Friday night after the patch? Do you have any more of whatever you're smoking? Have you even attempted GA on the PTS? Undoubtedly 1 or 2 guilds will plow through it quickly but I would expect most hardcore guilds to be on it for substantially more time than 2 days.
    I didn't say that at all, though it wouldn't surprise me. Your definition of a hardcore guild is certainly different than mine, and I dare say many others considering the podcast debacle. My guild cleared content on nearly the same days as yours, we are definitely not what many consider hardcore.
    Yes, I have experienced GA on the PTS.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #193
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Flakey View Post
    That is a silly logic Daglar. I'm buying from you a red car. Then while you ship the car over to me i hear rumors its a green car. You saying "Dont call me a liar now but wait until the car is deliver" and then i find out its a green car... its to late ;)
    Except its not a car. Its a public test shard where you can see work in progress.

That is like saying "ZOMGZ the car company is a liar because they undercoated the vehicle in black and I saw that happen before the car was done in the factory!".

Nor are you going to find a green car in live. That said, Flakey's Green Car sounds like a great artifact.

~Daglar

Rift Chaser

news flash - trion needs to stay in business (by making money) and you are already paying money to play the game.

by putting in items like this they are just encouraging you to pay at least what you are paying now to play....no you dont have to...bt the items need to have an advantage,

anyone whining that they dont get to play the game for absolutely free is delusional...f2p isnt really free to play - its just the option of not having everything in game...

if you dont give trion money - then you wont have a game to play....period

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Except its not a car. Its a public test shard where you can see work in progress.

That is like saying "ZOMGZ the car company is a liar because they undercoated the vehicle in black and I saw that happen before the car was done in the factory!".

Nor are you going to find a green car in live. That said, Flakey's Green Car sounds like a great artifact.

~Daglar
    ZOMG

You are going to break the LORE!

A CAR in a fantasy MMO? How dare you sir!

In other news . . .

I do find it ironic that a guild who is not hardcore complaining about the token issue. A WEEKEND raiding guild is not a hardcore guild. It may be a very efficient guild, but far from a hardcore, hit the content the second the servers are up kinda guild.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the vials. Why? If you are a patron, you are gonna get currency - this just gives you something to blow the currency on, other than fluff.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast