+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fae Yule 12/6 PTS Test - Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Fae Yule 12/6 PTS Test - Feedback Thread

Hey all,

We're inviting anyone who can make it to join us this afternoon for the second round of Fae Yule Testing!

We're looking for feeback on the following:

- The Instant Adventure (This is a random adventure in the zone rotations, please use Freemarch to test this today)
    - The Warfront (Alternate White Fall steppes mode for Fae Yule)
    - Quests & other festivities

Of course there are the new rewards to check out as well - though the prices may not be finalized yet

Please join us shortly on PTS starting at 4:00PM Pacific (12AM GMT) - we look forward to your feedback!

Getting Started on PTS

Warfront was fun.. I think I would have liked it more as Black Garden because Whitefall felt too.. big.. but I understand why Whitefall is better for Fae Yule. Had a good time and there's some really funny achievements with it. Had an issue with being stuck dead, but spoke to Kerilar who thinks it was just a server issue.

Was surprised at how easy the mount quest was, but with how looong the Autumn Harvest one took me, I won't complain!

You can see the icebuds even when you don't have the quest (or have completed) Dashing Through the Snow. Not sure if that's intentional.

Tadmore and Eyarie (in Meridian) and Velana and Roren (in Sanctum) offered dailies last year, but I have not received any from them on PTS in Phases 1 or 2. Mortt said on 50-59 chat that those are in the daily quest pool still so I'm not sure why they're not showing up unless they're Phase 3 only (thought they were all three phases last year).

Too late to come...

Trion, please make your test 1 or 2 hour earlier for european player. (this test was at 1am in France and deutchland!!!)
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Quote Originally Posted by Cyliena View Post

Was surprised at how easy the mount quest was
    Yep, was very, very easy, all 5 minutes work

The only issue i can see, and this will always be an issue on heavily populated servers, is the amount of icebuds and the respawn timers.

Everyone and their Rudi will be collecting these Icebuds leading to some frustration if not enough or not a fast enough respawn. A system like the icebud would never despawn but if you tried to use it again would say 'item has been used, try another one' would be the solution.

There are some quests in game i've done that have this system so it seems the tech is there, would still have you collect 'x' amount but would avoid waiting for respawns or something. The same issue applies to the daily collecting Bowls of Fae Wassail for Atrophinius, not enough vs respawn times on busy shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Yep, was very, very easy, all 5 minutes work

The only issue i can see, and this will always be an issue on heavily populated servers, is the amount of icebuds and the respawn timers.
    With how quickly the quest can be done I think it won't be bad after the initial rush to do the quest. The icebuds seemed to respawn pretty fast as well.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Icebuds will instantly begin repopulating if they fall below 50% active.

I also wanted to let you all know that you can get some additional Fae Yule Dimension items via these promos:

http://www.riftgame.com/en/promo/yule.php

Quote Originally Posted by Cyliena View Post
    Tadmore and Eyarie (in Meridian) and Velana and Roren (in Sanctum) offered dailies last year, but I have not received any from them on PTS in Phases 1 or 2.
    Didn't have time to check yesterday, but today these dailies are finally available to my character. Thanks!

Will we see P3 before the event rolls to live shards or is there nothing new to be tested there?

edit: "The Safest Way" was not updating for me on a level 60 character that mentored down to 10 and 15 for a couple of Silverwood rifts. The other three dailies I did mentored down updated fine. (Just made it out to the SL zones and it is updating for level 53 mobs, so this may just be a mentoring issue)

The icebuds inside the vases in Meridian made me giggle. Nice placement!

The Fae Yule IAs really need to give more snowflakes. Since these won't be happening back to back like they are on PTS I think you can afford to be more generous with them. Out of the full run I did (7 adventure quests?) I only got 21 snowflakes.
    Last edited by Cyliena; 12-08-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Commemorative Greatfather Frost Statue
    Finally grinded out enough snowflakes to test this dimension item. It has some interesting quirks.

1. The preview for it still shows only the sleigh. After #2 though, I understand why...

2. In your dimension item list, you don't see this item listed as "Commemorative Greatfather Frost Statue". Instead, you see "Fae Yule Sleigh" (which must be the base item and explains #1) and then several blank spots. Hovering over the sleigh (I have no sleighs aside from what came on the statue) you don't get a tooltip, and none of the blank spots give tooltips, but I assume they're the other items (presents, plushie greatfather, etc) you see with the statue.

3. To compound that, when I moved this item around it made a listing of a sleigh plus all those blank spots for *every* time I moved it (by using the "place" function in edit mode, see picture linked below). I exited out of my dimension and re-entered and only the one set of the Sleigh + blanks listings remained. It also adds a second +1 to item count, until you exit/re-enter (I was at 18, placed statue was at 19, moved statue was at 20... subsequent moves did not increment me beyond 20 and leaving/re-entering dropped me back to 19).

4. Picking up the statue works fine via edit mode or from the item listing. However the item count in your dimension will not drop to account for it being removed until you exit/re-enter the dimension.

Picture of #3.. this is only a small part of how big I got my list to be:
    Last edited by Cyliena; 12-08-2012 at 04:15 PM.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Just wanted to give an update:
    • We've fixed the issues with Greatfather Frost's Statue.
    • We fixed the issues with the dailies and mentoring.
    • Bumped up the amount of unique snowflakes given per IA completed to 8-ish. This means you should get about 56 per cycle, more if you get the onslaught rare. You also have a good chance to get Jingling Bells which will give you more currency. I'm also going to add some as drops off the mobs and bosses but that will be in the first hotfix. We'll also be watching the Unique Snowflake acquire rate on LIVE, if we need to bump it up again we will. This event will run for awhile so please don't feel like you need to grind out every last snowflake in 2 weeks.
    • Added unique snowflakes as a drop to Storm Legion invasions and rifts. Rifts also have a chance to drop the Jingling Bell.

Ascendant

Default Rift Spawns on IPP hub

The original thread I reported the problem has been closed so I'll use this one. Tacitus said that rift spawns near the quest hub in IPP will be disabled and can't confirm that but I have noticed that rifts during an invasion still spawn on top of the hub.

+ Reply to Thread