Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.1 On PTS - Fae Yule Test Today! 11/30 Starting @ 3PM Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    I'm annoyed that this event gives a free 28 slot bag, kind of a slap in the face for those of us that had them crafted.
    its a unique equip stop moaning
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

The preview for the "Commemorative Greatfather Frost Statue" looks exactly the same as the "Fae Yule Sleigh".

"Frosty Free-for-All": While waiting for the cooldown to refresh on the snowball ability the pop-up message states that you need to be in the snowball arena to use that ability. You are also able to still throw snowballs after you get all of your quest updates.

There's a rift at the sledding portal in IPP, but I think someone else reported that already.
    Last edited by Cyliena; 12-03-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    I'm annoyed that this event gives a free 28 slot bag, kind of a slap in the face for those of us that had them crafted.
    Guess you didn't read the comments on the forums several weeks ago when the Fae Yule Items were on World Event Merchants for a few hours, thus leaking the existence of the shockingly large 28 slot bag.

I automentored to level 15, there was no Freemarch choice but I joined "Random Adventure". Got a pop-up that my adventure in Freemarch awaited so I teleported. It took me to Scarwood Reach for the IA quest "Spread the Joy". I actually managed to spread three piles of snow before dying to some extremely rabid Grove Wasps. The snow blower temp ability will also fail if you have a mob targeted.

edit: popped up the IA box again to leave the adventure after dying and Freemarch showed up there as my active IA zone, clicked teleport again and it took me right back to where I originally teleported into Scarwood at.

edit: I managed to finish Spread the Joy and next was "Winter's Chilll: Rimetaloned Gustriders". Got the pop-up of my adventure in Freemarch awaits.. alas, I'm in Scarwood again, with VERY red gustriders! Going to have to try to get these at level 10 I guess. (still no option to "leave" the adventure either, even standing at the teleport in spot in Scarwood--it must think I should be in Freemarch)
    Last edited by Cyliena; 12-03-2012 at 12:18 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #50
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Yeah, I busted the version that went to PTS, so sometimes it tries to send the FM group to the Yule Village in SR. It's already been fixed internally and should hopefully be on the PTS soon.

(Also, as a side note - FM IA is 10-14, so that is why you didn't see it when you mentored down to 15)
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Yeah, I busted the version that went to PTS, so sometimes it tries to send the FM group to the Yule Village in SR. It's already been fixed internally and should hopefully be on the PTS soon.

(Also, as a side note - FM IA is 10-14, so that is why you didn't see it when you mentored down to 15)
    Ah okay, thanks. This is my first time doing Freemarch IAs. Still haven't run into the Fae Yule one running it at level 10 and server just booted me. ;) These take quite a while when you're the only one running them.
    Last edited by Cyliena; 12-03-2012 at 01:04 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #52

Quote Originally Posted by Cyliena View Post
    Ah okay, thanks. This is my first time doing Freemarch IAs. Still haven't run into the Fae Yule one running it at level 10 and server just booted me. ;) These take quite a while when you're the only one running them.
    I was pondering this issue, and I think when my fixed version goes up on PTS, we will (on the PTS only) disable the non-FY IAs in FM and SW. That way only the FY ones loop for some concentrated feedback and testing.

Obviously, this will make the Yule IAs for more repetitive feeling than they would normally since they were designed as fun addition to normal zone content, but it'll be much more useful for PTS feedback where you don't have the ability to force start individual adventures.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

mmmmmmmm I want a greatfarthers festive sack

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #54

Oh, and this isn't really Fae Yule related other than that a player on PTS called it out as a suggestion before I logged off from Friday's organized play test:

Defend Wardstone Instant Adventures in the continent of Mathosia now spawn Planar Anomalies to replenish Planar Charge.
    It was a good idea, so I made it happen before I left the office Friday night! Should be in 2.1.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

I was pondering this issue, and I think when my fixed version goes up on PTS, we will (on the PTS only) disable the non-FY IAs in FM and SW. That way only the FY ones loop for some concentrated feedback and testing.

Obviously, this will make the Yule IAs for more repetitive feeling than they would normally since they were designed as fun addition to normal zone content, but it'll be much more useful for PTS feedback where you don't have the ability to force start individual adventures.
    That would be great. Spent upward an hour or more on the normal FM ones, and while I was amused getting some shard-first kills during it, I feel bad not being able to test out the Fae Yule ones!

I just checked and something patched this evening... would that be the one with your fix in it? (there are no notes!)
    Last edited by Cyliena; 12-03-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Ascendant

Oh, and this isn't really Fae Yule related other than that a player on PTS called it out as a suggestion before I logged off from Friday's organized play test:

It was a good idea, so I made it happen before I left the office Friday night! Should be in 2.1.
    Any hope of rank 50 costumes?
    I was told by Elrar when 2.0 hit they may be up but haven't seen them just yet.

I'll give you cookies.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    You rock.

Someone give Mortt a beer, a raise, or some unnatural hybrid of the two.
    Give the manva raise! To be paid in beer and bacon!!!!

Gorta love input being listened to. Props ALL devs to being literally the best group of devs ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cyliena View Post
    The preview for the "Commemorative Greatfather Frost Statue" looks exactly the same as the "Fae Yule Sleigh".

"Frosty Free-for-All": While waiting for the cooldown to refresh on the snowball ability the pop-up message states that you need to be in the snowball arena to use that ability. You are also able to still throw snowballs after you get all of your quest updates.

There's a rift at the sledding portal in IPP, but I think someone else reported that already.
    where is this statue?

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    where is this statue?
    On the Fae Yule Dimension vendor.

Freemarch Fae Yule IA

Make the bosses level 13 like the other Freemarch IA bosses please! I can handle the level 13 elites but these level 14 ones are unfortunately ripping me apart. Did somehow manage to get Sundereth down to 9% at one point though. edit: Ah he was still at 9% when I got back after rez and I managed to down him, guess that's something at least!

Whenever there's an IA for fighting mobs (like the Rimetaloned Gustriders) there's always a certain spawn spot around 6334 864 5066 in Freemarch where a mob will spawn and charge you if you're remotely near the village. The other mobs seem to behave normally. edit: I think I see what's happening. I was on the opposite side of the village when a combat one popped up and immediately I was locked in combat. The mob didn't charge until I got within a certain range (around 6336 860 5032 it came running at me).

The wardstone one I couldn't pass with only me there. Did manage to get through it the first time it came up because someone else had swung by for a while. Was surprised to get an elite at the end of the wardstone, expected the IA quest to switch before that would happen.

The corgi one is beyond adorable and I wish it'd come up more, I'm sure they're random but I've only encountered it once!

I completely understand the idea behind the merchant availability, not sure how that'll work out on live servers though if people are blowing through these IAs. Will he remain at the end of the chain and maybe the only reason I'm seeing him poof is because it's looping FY chains currently?

Only seem to be getting 3-4 snowflakes per IA quest (level based?)... maybe give more for the fighting ones? They seem to take more effort.

When you pick up the gifts for "Little Helpers" the tooltip for the buff (called Rudy's Way) incorrectly states "Take the form of an adorable Fae Yule Corgi." Also seems to only have 4 uses each, maybe show uses remaining instead of a time limit of 15 minutes?

Also during Little Helpers, followed a reveler west of the camp and was promptly attacked by a level 18 Marchwolf. o.O

Xharlion was hitting me with Chain Lightning before engaging (and before he was in aggro range, of course). Had to run a fair distance away to avoid getting hit by it.

Hopping over to Silverwood for a bit to try it out there a bit. I'm sure it's not intended for Defiants to go over there for it, but first thing I noticed is that I was immediately flagged for PvP when I teleported to the Fae Yule Village.

Silverwood Fae Yule IA

Same thing that happened in Freemarch happened in Silverwood for the combat mobs. One specific mob is immediately locking and charging if you're within range. Looks like it spawns around 7088 868 3123.

I was at the village when the IA quest changed and it asked if I wanted to teleport to my adventure. edit: This happened for *every* IA quest!

Aside from two or three combat mob spawns I've found down the path to the SW of the village, the rest of the spawns seem to be around a slew of regular zone mobs. This feels quite different than Freemarch did. The problem I ran into trying to find spawns over there was that most of them were being killed by those regular zone mobs and I'd rarely get to them in time to get credit for them.

I figured I had gotten all of the quests in the rotation with all my FM runs and just got "O Yule Tree" in Silverwood--is that zone specific or was I just unlucky in Freemarch?

I think the reason it's flagging me as PvP is because it tells me I'm entering Sanctum every time I walk up to the village.

The Rimetaloned Gustriders have the "skull helm of DOOM" icon instead of being marked as level 14 like the other mobs you fight in these. They do have the same amount of health, it just seems that their level is higher than the others for some reason.

Xharlion spawned up by regular zone NPCs; I had to go afk to put my kiddo to bed and when I came back he was down to 4% health. Made it an easy kill but felt like cheating!

That's all I have time for tonight, if you think they need tested more just holler!

Oh just curious, is Crumpus supposed to be a vendor? I can't seem to find a purpose for him, thought maybe he'd open up after I did the IAs but he's still not interactable.
    Last edited by Cyliena; 12-03-2012 at 05:28 PM.

And I was hoping for a Cape to match my red Yule cap, you know pure red with white fur...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast