Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2.1 On PTS - Fae Yule Test Today! 11/30 Starting @ 3PM Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by Medenor View Post
    I think it would be interesting to experience the winter atmosphere of the capitals most strongly through a snowy ground or snow on the sets of capitals.
    Are you commenting on it or suggesting it? If the latter, it's already visibly snowing in Sanctum (or Meridian) as well as having patches of snow on the ground. Perhaps you need to turn up some of your video settings if they are too low to display it .

Ascendant

I'm annoyed that this event gives a free 28 slot bag, kind of a slap in the face for those of us that had them crafted.

i think it will be unique, mean only 1 u can ge. so u need the crafting bags also

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    I'm annoyed that this event gives a free 28 slot bag, kind of a slap in the face for those of us that had them crafted.
    I'm annoyed that this expasion gives 28+ slot bags, kind of a slap in the face for those of who who got the Collector's Edition satchel.

Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    any photo from the new pets and the cape?
    Prancer companion, Dasher companion, Fae Yule Festive Cape .

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    At 650 snowflakes, I'd hardly call that free. Even if it's a quest reward, I wouldn't call that free. You still have to do a bit to get it. Considering how easy it is to make plat, these might actually be more work than just buying one on the AH.

Plane Walker

Will the rare drop mount from last year still be available? There were hints that it would be when the event ended last year but a new mount is being mentioned..

Quote Originally Posted by Gyftov View Post
    Will the rare drop mount from last year still be available? There were hints that it would be when the event ended last year but a new mount is being mentioned..
    There's a mount vendor that has the Tawny Fae Yule Vaiyuu, Spotted Festive Fae Yule Vaiyuu and the "new" mount which was a Gray Fae Yule Vaiyuu. It's the same style as the tawny except it's.. gray :P.

As far as how to earn it, it wasn't an item you could purchase from the vendor so I'd imagine it would be earned through a quest or the mount vendor to buy with Unique Snowflakes was not yet active.

Quote Originally Posted by Latiass View Post
    At 650 snowflakes, I'd hardly call that free. Even if it's a quest reward, I wouldn't call that free. You still have to do a bit to get it. Considering how easy it is to make plat, these might actually be more work than just buying one on the AH.
    Yea the mats for the 28-slot craft bag isn't really that much. You'd be able to forage/butcher-up the mats a lot sooner than the 650 Unique Snowflakes. Plus the Fae Yule bag is unique equip.
    Last edited by Jonus; 12-01-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    There's a mount vendor that has the Tawny Fae Yule Vaiyuu, Spotted Festive Fae Yule Vaiyuu and the "new" mount which was a Gray Fae Yule Vaiyuu. It's the same style as the tawny except it's.. gray :P.

As far as how to earn it, it wasn't an item you could purchase from the vendor so I'd imagine it would be earned through a quest or the mount vendor to buy with Unique Snowflakes was not yet active.
    The festive is the rare mount from last year, right? Or is the name slightly different like murdantix vs HK chronicle murdantix?

If so, it would seem they are making the mount like the Ash Strider was with how it has multiple sources.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    The festive is the rare mount from last year, right? Or is the name slightly different like murdantix vs HK chronicle murdantix?

If so, it would seem they are making the mount like the Ash Strider was with how it has multiple sources.
    Spotted Festive is the epic mount (which is "armored" with the red saddle and bells) and could only be obtained as a drop from Rift loot or the mail you got daily from the jingle bell container (I can't remember the name offhand). The rare mount is just the one you could buy from the vendor which is the Tawny Fae Yule Vaiyuu.

Spotted Festive is the epic mount (which is "armored" with the red saddle and bells) and could only be obtained as a drop from Rift loot or the mail you got daily from the jingle bell container (I can't remember the name offhand). The rare mount is just the one you could buy from the vendor which is the Tawny Fae Yule Vaiyuu.
    When I said rare, I didn't mean the item rarity, just that it was the one that you could only rarely get from rifts or the fae yule world items.

But good to see it is the same one.
    Last edited by Leif; 12-02-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

so there is a mount vendor with these 3 mounts but u cant yet buy them?
    hope this year get the festive vaiyuu mount

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #44
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a bug but everytime I enter sanctum I recieve a mail from Grandfather Frost.

Grandfather Frost
    Joyous fae Yule!

Greetings Ascended! Someone handed me this gift to give you. I can't reveal who, of course, that would be telling!

Attached is a Fae Yule Gift.
    This is exactly how it worked last year too. Every so often people that happen to walk into certain areas of Sanctum or Meridian will get a girft. You saw it so often because you were on PTS where the population is much smaller than on a normal server.

I noticed something while checking out the Fae Yule Tree spawns out in Freemarch. The ones with the Gift Piles that give snowflakes/coal.

I was able to pretty easily time my picking them up to get a rhythm going and be able to move to the next pile spawn and pick it up right when it spawned. It reminded me of the Moonshade puzzle, time it right so you're ready to click as soon as it's up. The problem I see with this is that someone could do that and if they're quick enough lock literally everyone else out from being able to use that tree. A required cast time that is just long enough to make it impossible to do this would be great.

For example if there are 5 piles, then a 1.5 sec cast time would make it impossible to keep them all down at once, by the time you got to the 5th (since time starts after you already got the first) the first would respawn, and you'd still be looting.

Just a convoluted thought.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast