+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Violacea

Thread: Rogue Sab thinking

Default Rogue Sab thinking

Just dropping this here, as it seems most appropriate. I love the new CP change to rogues. This benefits 8/9 of the (soon to be) rogue souls amazingly. Sab is still left behind a bit mechanic wise with this sweeping change to rogues. I think it would be wonderful if the devs someone tied charges tossed directly to CP, or made charges stay on the rogue and when detonated expelled unto the target. Something akin to how a Cabalists aoe potency builds up over a few seconds, until they drop it, except maintain the part where the rogue still has to be actively tossing out charges. I am probably biased towards this change more as a pvp'er than one who focuses on pve, but I am sure it could exist in pve too.

Before the CP change, Sab was still a bit left behind as charges could be cleansed/ran away with and thus no damage done. Even a MM hitting only 2 CP still did damage. I realize the design of the sab though and they are a build up --> drop the bomb type style soul. The game is still young and I suspect has a long way to go. CP changes brought rogues up mechanically, the archaic bard soul is finally upgraded, and many souls in general got love. Sab soul looks nice, but it is still bottlenecked by its mechanics. If I were to throw 3 charges on target A, then switch to target B and throw 2, I should be able to detonate 5 charges imo. I think my point is made. The sab was always a step behind in ways and the way the CP mechanic change directly benefits all souls but the sab concerns me. I hope it is looked into, an efficient way to make Sabs feel like they got the same love all the other rogue souls did, in regards to CP remaining on us instead of the enemy. Great steps have already been taken for creating higher synergy of the sab among other souls, and that is great. I hope this is on the board though.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-05-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Just dropping this here, as it seems most appropriate. I love the new CP change to rogues. This benefits 8/9 of the (soon to be) rogue souls amazingly. Sab is still left behind a bit mechanic wise with this sweeping change to rogues. I think it would be wonderful if the devs someone tied charges tossed directly to CP, or made charges stay on the rogue and when detonated expelled unto the target. Something akin to how a Cabalists aoe potency builds up over a few seconds, until they drop it, except maintain the part where the rogue still has to be actively tossing out charges. I am probably biased towards this change more as a pvp'er than one who focuses on pve, but I am sure it could exist in pve too.

Before the CP change, Sab was still a bit left behind as charges could be cleansed/ran away with and thus no damage done. Even a MM hitting only 2 CP still did damage. I realize the design of the sab though and they are a build up --> drop the bomb type style soul. The game is still young and I suspect has a long way to go. CP changes brought rogues up mechanically, the archaic bard soul is finally upgraded, and many souls in general got love. Sab soul looks nice, but it is still bottlenecked by its mechanics. If I were to throw 3 charges on target A, then switch to target B and throw 2, I should be able to detonate 5 charges imo. I think my point is made. The sab was always a step behind in ways and the way the CP mechanic change directly benefits all souls but the sab concerns me. I hope it is looked into, an efficient way to make Sabs feel like they got the same love all the other rogue souls did, in regards to CP remaining on us instead of the enemy. Great steps have already been taken for creating higher synergy of the sab among other souls, and that is great. I hope this is on the board though.
    Or have a high tier Sab talent/root passive (54+ points or something) that either allows you to transfer charges from your dead target to a new one (must be the same charges used), or something like Tyranny of Death where it explodes if the target dies.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Plane Touched

thats a good point. atm the 5cp are totally useless as sab

Ascendant

Saboteur is strong enough as it is, definitely doesn't need buff! This would make them broken again in PvP for one!
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Saboteur is strong enough as it is, definitely doesn't need buff! This would make them broken again in PvP for one!
    Sab is broken overpowered in PVP. How can you honestly play this soul and not feel guilty. I played it for two warfronts and was so disgusted had to stop. What is wrong with you guys? If you play rogue sab how in the world can you not think it is overpowered. I mean honestly. It needs a nerf.

This being said..

I hope Rogue Bard takes Ohio! Bard for President.
    Last edited by Majorin; 11-06-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Stop your scare mongering sir.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread