+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exodus of the Storm Queen toughness cap?

Default Exodus of the Storm Queen toughness cap?

I was tanking the new dungeon on my rogue tank who has mostly T1/T2 expert gear and he was getting smashed really bad... He has 126 toughness, which is more than what you need for experts, but I did notice it was dropping blue quality HK level stuff, so I was wondering if you needed to be T1/T2 raid toughness capped for it?

Telaran

It's a level 50-54 dungeon

Normal dungeons should have no toughness requirements so far. But like said 50-54 lv dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Normal dungeons should have no toughness requirements so far. But like said 50-54 lv dungeon.
    I don't know if this is true, as we got a drop from EotSQ that had +63 toughness on it, meaning it must be a mechanic for the level 50+ dungeons?

Vanilla leveling dungeons don't drop gear with toughness, which leads me to speculate that.
    2/4 FT -- 1/5 EE

If crits do more dmg than non crit there then a toughness requirement is needed. Like 1.0 toughness crits doing for example 50% dmg of a non crit with "over toughness" ^^

I dont know if it's changed, but I did it on my Cleric in the Beta, 200 Toughness, and had no problems apart from learning the mechanics on each boss, and then we only got spatted fully on the 3rd boss in the entrance room bit once when wonering what his powers would do hehe. They are level 52 mobs and I know I had the advantage of cleric shields and a sigil with the tear in it which procs loads to start with.

Maybe take a look at the specs and make sure you havent missed a power or two that might have changed? Just I had no problems with it. I will check with my rogue on the weekend myself to see, just not looked at that one in beta yet as was concentrating on my cleric as it would be my 1st alt to do in SL...and my mage as Harbinger was tooo big of a pull
    Last edited by Kelvenaru; 10-16-2012 at 01:02 AM.

It definitely wasn't my spec, I have a very geared cleric tank and I took almost no damage the entire the run on him. I'm convinced, after running it again on my rogue, that it has a 150-200 toughness requirement. I was getting hit so much harder on my rogue than my cleric.

General of Telara

Did you see what was destroying you?
    I did an expert AP dungeon with a full tank spec and full tank ID gear (as opposed to live where I use 2 tank gear, half Riftblade spec and only Inquisicar healing) and rather than running through 5 packs, turning and killing them down I was getting spanked hard by one pack of 4 mobs.

I believe a Dev mentioned there was a known issue they were looking at. It seemed to be casters that were the trouble and doing far more damage than they should have (i.e. HK bosses hit me for less than some of these casters were).

+ Reply to Thread