+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Chloromancer Feedback

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Really? Where is this majority that you speak of?
    Speak for yourself, not for others.
    When it's pretty much just you saying that these changes are for the better, that means the majority thinks its for the worse.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    You're all looking at this in a vacuum. You ought to look at what Bard and Warden are capable of before you judge LGV to be "too strong". Chloro is not in a good position.
    Agree with this. I doubt that the rumours are true that a bard/tactician will be able to out-raid-heal a Chloro, but if they even do half our raid heals, it's way too much - since it's our main role now tank heals have been nerfed so bad. And wardens certainly will outdo us (until they run out of mana).
    History is not written by those who are right,
    But by those who are left.

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    When it's pretty much just you saying that these changes are for the better, that means the majority thinks its for the worse.

Being loud doesn't mean you are the majority, it just means you are loud. Don't mistake one as the other. I can probably convince my entire guild of 40 odd people to hop onto the people and say this change is better, it doesn't mean their opinion is a representation of the player base's opinion.

I have already provided the numbers in regards to this change that has been applied.
    Which is something you do to support your stance rather than try the whole "I have more people who agree with me" nonsense forum goers try to do.
    You're loud, that's all.

LGV? Chloromancer got a buff. A buff means stronger healing. Stronger healing means you get a buf. A buff makes you better.

LBV? Chloromancer tank healing took a nerf overall as did raid healing. The thing is, we can only stick 51 points and not 61 points. The extra 21% buff towards healing may modify it enough that it turns into an actual buff.

You know, sort of like how before you invest 41 points into Chloromancer LGV is a better veil entirely than LBV. Yes even for tank healing.
    Last edited by Aguni; 10-14-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    You're all looking at this in a vacuum. You ought to look at what Bard and Warden are capable of before you judge LGV to be "too strong". Chloro is not in a good position.
    At the moment it is a comparison of Chloro on PTS compared to Chloromancer on Live.
    So it is a side by side comparison of the mechanical changes made to Chloromancer, and not a comparison in the context of the other callings.

If you can provide the healing capability of Warden and Bard it would be much appreciated so that discussion can occur.

Telaran

there seems to be a lot of people extremely mislead/confused about the chloro changes. One massive change is that heals are now based off of cast time, which is what is misleading a LOT of people.

I am posting here to try and clear up a lot of the misunderstanding that people have about the cast time conversion.

Theory - All instant cast spells now heal the same. FALSE

This here ^^^^^ is the whole reason Im posting and did all this testing. If you are unhappy with the chloro changes simply because you think that heals are based completely on cast time without regard to how much damage you deal, you are misunderstanding the nature of the change.

If you go onto the pts and actually test how much a certain spell is healing you for, you will find that spells heal you for a different amount.

I did some testing in pts while making this post today, albeit very breif testing, by reducing my health by mentoring and then unmentoring, applying LGV and casting spells of different types on a dummy to see what they really were healing me for. I urge others to do this for themselves if they either dont believe or dont understand why/what I did this for. Just to be clear, this is not old information. I did the testing today on the PTS using the 1.11 souls.

Withering vine (first tick, not the heal proc) healed me for 384 (noncrit), Ruin healed me for 884 (crit, and on both contact and first tick of dot), and a nature's touch proc healed me for a whopping 2826 (crit).

Also when I cast a vile spores, it does 1273 heal on first contact (noncrit) and 632 healing on the first tick of damage.

So you can see that the amount of healing is extremely varied despite that every single spell cast here with the exception of vile spores, is an instant cast damage type. Even if you classify the first tick of a dot as other than instant cast, they first tick of all the dots here healed me for a different amount.

Nature's touch did a huge amount of healing here, despite that it was instant cast, because the damage of nature's touch is so high. It's not only awesome for tank healing, the proc is also extremely useful for group healing as well using LGV. This is not because nature's touch has a cast time of 2.5 seconds without the proc, it is because the base damage of nature's touch is so high. It does not have the same scale of heal-to-cast-time as vile spores. Vile spores is still a good tool to use because the first tick of its dot will heal for quite a bit, though you will get less healing if you get opportunity proc and cast 2 vile spores back to back, or chain a vile spores and ruin together because you will not get the first tick of one spores/ruin dot before it gets overwritten by the next one. Just like it is in live right now. If you have multiple targets you can still use the opportunity proc to its full potential by casting ruin/spores on both targets so you can get the heal from both ruin/spores' dots. Complicated, I know.

So I hope this cleared up some of the misunderstanding that some people have had. Let me just recap this again... healing is NOT based off of cast time itself, it is still based on the damage that a spell is supposed to deal. So, damage increases will still affect chloros in a good way, we are simply not plagued by damage mitigation on certain bosses and in pvp the way we are on live currently.

Thank you and have a nice day.

That is not correct. Cast time modifiers do not change the healing done by a spell. Nature's Touch hard-cast will do the same healing as insta-cast.

Quote Originally Posted by trancepticon View Post

Theory - All instant cast spells now heal the same. FALSE

This here ^^^^^ is the whole reason Im posting and did all this testing. If you are unhappy with the chloro changes simply because you think that heals are based completely on cast time without regard to how much damage you deal, you are misunderstanding the nature of the change.

If you go onto the pts and actually test how much a certain spell is healing you for, you will find that spells heal you for a different amount.
    Easily refuted
    Bunch of numbers here
    The difference in healing numbers is the same as it is on live.
    Your cast time does not determine a static healing number
    It determines a small range of healing numbers.
    So for example, all instant spells do a healing from X to Y
    This is the same for CRITS which are no longer static.
    They will also provide a healing of X to Y

You will see the same thing on Live as you do on PTS. You heal within a range of X and Y with non crits, but crits are a static number.

I did some testing in pts while making this post today, albeit very breif testing, by reducing my health by mentoring and then unmentoring, applying LGV and casting spells of different types on a dummy to see what they really were healing me for. I urge others to do this for themselves if they either dont believe or dont understand why/what I did this for. Just to be clear, this is not old information. I did the testing today on the PTS using the 1.11 souls.
    You do realize that mentoring adjusts the amount of SP you have and in turn, adjusts the amount of healing you receive.
    Easy test, summon an earth elemental, cast your veils and synth on it.
    Get numbers.

Very easy.

Snip
    This is completely and factually incorrect Trancepticon.

The amount of healing that is provided is based upon the unmodified cast time and is not based upon the modified cast time.

Furthermore, if your argument was correct then you would not see a double roll on Chloromancer healing.

i.e Ruin crits for 1k, 658 healing done by LGV
    Ruin does not crit and hits for 667, healing crit of 987 done by LGV.

So if damage was a dependant factor, you would not see healing crits occur, and those healing crits would not be modified by 1.5x for crit healing and you would see it rise and fall depending on the damage done.

tl;dr: You are factually incorrect.

Prophet of Telara

Did he forget to cast Synthesis?
    There really isn't any fathomable way of letting the tank die as a 51 chloro unless they get one shot.
    O-o

I can see the raid dying because LBV's raid heals are very very bad currently compared to the 60% on Live.

Multi target heals are indeed lower than ST heals.
    LBV's only problem is that the raid gets around 218 HP from the spells you cast at best. God awfu compared to live.

Bloom still heals harder than Flourish and I am quite sure Essence surge is still based off the Chloromancer's HP.

So yeah, no idea how the tank was dying unless he was doing it purposefully.
    Tanks are bugged right now.

Had a ID geared tank taking 1000 a pop on trash. So 5 adds in 5K. Doesn't take long to die even on live:P

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    Tanks are bugged right now.

Had a ID geared tank taking 1000 a pop on trash. So 5 adds in 5K. Doesn't take long to die even on live:P
    Yeah the devs commented about that, saying the adds were hella bugged hence the massive damage.

Ascendant

Being loud doesn't mean you are the majority, it just means you are loud. Don't mistake one as the other. I can probably convince my entire guild of 40 odd people to hop onto the people and say this change is better, it doesn't mean their opinion is a representation of the player base's opinion.

I have already provided the numbers in regards to this change that has been applied.
    Which is something you do to support your stance rather than try the whole "I have more people who agree with me" nonsense forum goers try to do.
    You're loud, that's all.

LGV? Chloromancer got a buff. A buff means stronger healing. Stronger healing means you get a buf. A buff makes you better.

LBV? Chloromancer tank healing took a nerf overall as did raid healing. The thing is, we can only stick 51 points and not 61 points. The extra 21% buff towards healing may modify it enough that it turns into an actual buff.

You know, sort of like how before you invest 41 points into Chloromancer LGV is a better veil entirely than LBV. Yes even for tank healing.
    It's become apparent to me that your focus is strictly on performance. As long as you do well, you don't care how it's done.

Several Chloromancers, myself included, care not only about our performance, but also how we achieve it. If we were the best tank healers ever, but we obtained that by just spamming Natural Healing, I would be absolutely livid. Such a thing is just not fun, and while that's a subjective view, that's what feedback is all about. This is a game, which is supposed to be fun. I offer my feedback so that the game can become more fun for me (since I can't really dictate what's fun for other people).

Show me an encounter where you can't target a single thing during an extended period of a boss fight, and I'll show you an encounter that was poorly designed. Our disadvantages as a Chloromancer were intentional, and that's what made the class fun. We worked hard to find ways to keep our healing up, and we were rewarded by occasionally having those fights that caused our healing to soar.

Several people are upset about the nerf of Radiant Spores. I'm not. Radiant Spores, as a single spell, is simply too strong. It's based off luck, has the potential to return *way* too much health, and requires nothing of the healer outside of a single GCD. It is not a skillful heal. It is almost the epitome of passive healing, and it really broke some encounters.

I am upset, though, that our style of healing hasn't evolved, but instead shifted away from what we've been doing for the past year and a half.

Also, a possible bug report, but something that is to our current disadvantage and hurts synergy.

Healing Spells not proc, or consume, Burning Fury. I've managed to get up to 6 stacks without triggering the buff. However, I'm not certain if that buff actually affects healing spells. Critical hits from Natural Healing did not consume Burning Fury, nor did Lifegiving Veil. It's fully possible that those points are a complete waste for the healing Chloromancer.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Ascendant

Possible Chloromancer Hybrids.

What they offer, how they would work, their advantages and disadvantages. This does not take PvP into consideration and is *only* looking for ways to either improve healing, or make healing more efficient. PvP builds will be more varied as maximizing healing output may not be the only goal.

Soul: Pyromancer
    Maximum Points: 11
    Useful Talents: Ignition, Fiery Concentration, Philosophy of Flame, Flicker
    What It Offers: Quicker cast-times and no push-back on Viles Spores, Nature's Fury, Natural Healing, Nature's Touch and Healing Torrent. Increased Maximum Charge is of dubious use, but might help with wasted charge. Flicker is Flicker.

Soul: Dominator
    Maximum Points: 26
    Useful Talents: Mental Fortitude, Acumen, Arresting Presence, Hastened Reflection, Dominant Personality, Swift Control
    What It Offers: Higher mana pool and spellpower, with useful tools for raid and tank damage mitigation. Casting Speed and Spellpower buffs are too quick to be of reliable use. Also gives an interrupt, purge, damage reflect, spell reflect, drain and powerful cleanse.

Soul: Warlock
    Maximum Points: 32
    Useful Talents: Magical Affinity, Vitality, Opportunity, Swift Corruption
    What It Offers: Increased Charge Gain and frequent instant-cast spells, higher health for better returns on Radiant Spores and Essence Surge, Swift Corruption should work with Withering Vines, allows a 1 second GCD on a powerful AoE heal and HoT, also allowing for more frequent Opportunity procs.

Soul: Necromancer
    Maximum Points: 6
    Useful Talents: Consumption
    What It Offers: A faster purge than Dominator

Soul: Stormcaller
    Maximum Points: ---
    Useful Talents: ---
    What It Offers: ---

Soul: Archon
    Maximum Points: 44
    Useful Talents: Strength of Stone, Exhilaration, Vital Assistance, Speed in Numbers, Purging Flames, Power in Numbers, Waning Power, Inspiration
    What It Offers: Lots of spellpower, critical strike chance and casting-speed buffs that work to offset the loss in %healing in Chloromancer. Healing will be lower, but faster. 44 points hits Lingering Dust, but by this point in time, it's more of an Archon Hybrid than a Chloromancer Hybrid. I'll need to test the merits of this one at 60. It may work, depending on how Beastmaster and Bard work out, but it will not work with another Archon. It also gives an AoE cleanse. I omitted support abilities that would be brought by a normal Archon.

Soul: Elementalist
    Useful Talents: Biting Cold, Tempest, Synergize
    What It Offers: Increased critical strike chance and damage, along with rapid charge gain. Synergize does not work without Greater Elemental Affinity, but the latter does not offer any specific gains to Chloromancer.

So, that's what I could come up with. That is the maximum amount of synergy I could find within the souls, and the majority of those were available within the first 15 points. I suppose the argument could be made that one could try for a 51/15/10 build at level 60, but we'll have to see how it pans out. My preliminary tests show that such a build would do slightly less AoE healing and much less tank healing and also would lose out on the talent given to 61 point Chloromancers, if it does work like I think it does.

Still, we need to find out what the environment calls for. That's why I'm not so much concerned with numbers themselves, but rather the degree of flexibility that's available to us.

PS: Stormcaller... *snickers*
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Ascendant

Possible Chloromancer Hybrids.

What they offer, how they would work, their advantages and disadvantages. This does not take PvP into consideration and is *only* looking for ways to either improve healing, or make healing more efficient. PvP builds will be more varied as maximizing healing output may not be the only goal.

Soul: Pyromancer
    Maximum Points: 11
    Useful Talents: Ignition, Fiery Concentration, Philosophy of Flame, Flicker
    What It Offers: Quicker cast-times and no push-back on Viles Spores, Nature's Fury, Natural Healing, Nature's Touch and Healing Torrent. Increased Maximum Charge is of dubious use, but might help with wasted charge. Flicker is Flicker.

Soul: Dominator
    Useful Talents: Mental Fortitude, Acumen, Arresting Presence, Hastened Reflection, Dominant Personality, Swift Control
    What It Offers: Higher mana pool and spellpower, with useful tools for raid and tank damage mitigation. Casting Speed and Spellpower buffs are too quick to be of reliable use. Also gives an interrupt, purge, damage reflect, spell reflect, drain and powerful cleanse.

Soul: Warlock
    Maximum Points: 32
    Useful Talents: Magical Affinity, Vitality, Opportunity, Swift Corruption
    What It Offers: Increased Charge Gain and frequent instant-cast spells, higher health for better returns on Radiant Spores and Essence Surge, Swift Corruption should work with Withering Vines, allows a 1 second GCD on a powerful AoE heal and HoT, also allowing for more frequent Opportunity procs.

Soul: Necromancer
    Maximum Points: 6
    Useful Talents: Consumption
    What It Offers: A faster purge than Dominator

Soul: Stormcaller
    Maximum Points: ---
    Useful Talents: ---
    What It Offers: ---

Soul: Archon
    Maximum Points: 44
    Useful Talents: Strength of Stone, Exhilaration, Vital Assistance, Speed in Numbers, Purging Flames, Power in Numbers, Waning Power, Inspiration
    What It Offers: Lots of spellpower, critical strike chance and casting-speed buffs that work to offset the loss in %healing in Chloromancer. Healing will be lower, but faster. 44 points hits Lingering Dust, but by this point in time, it's more of an Archon Hybrid than a Chloromancer Hybrid. I'll need to test the merits of this one at 60. It may work, depending on how Beastmaster and Bard work out, but it will not work with another Archon. It also gives an AoE cleanse. I omitted support abilities that would be brought by a normal Archon.

Soul: Elementalist
    Useful Talents: Biting Cold, Tempest, Synergize
    What It Offers: Increased critical strike chance and damage, along with rapid charge gain. Synergize does not work without Greater Elemental Affinity, but the latter does not offer any specific gains to Chloromancer.

Soul: Harbinger
    Maximum Points: NDA
    Userful Talents: NDA
    What It Offers: NDA

So, that's what I could come up with. That is the maximum amount of synergy I could find within the souls, and the majority of those were available within the first 15 points. I suppose the argument could be made that one could try for a 51/15/10 build at level 60, but we'll have to see how it pans out. My preliminary tests show that such a build would do slightly less AoE healing and much less tank healing and also would lose out on the talent given to 61 point Chloromancers, if it does work like I think it does.

Still, we need to find out what the environment calls for. That's why I'm not so much concerned with numbers themselves, but rather the degree of flexibility that's available to us.

PS: Stormcaller... *snickers*
    good or the best

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    It's become apparent to me that your focus is strictly on performance. As long as you do well, you don't care how it's done.
    Correct, it is such a view that created chlorolock/chloropyrolock/chloropyro.
    maxing out the effectiveness of a spec.

Several Chloromancers, myself included, care not only about our performance, but also how we achieve it. If we were the best tank healers ever, but we obtained that by just spamming Natural Healing, I would be absolutely livid. Such a thing is just not fun, and while that's a subjective view, that's what feedback is all about. This is a game, which is supposed to be fun. I offer my feedback so that the game can become more fun for me (since I can't really dictate what's fun for other people).
    No. Difficulty is important for me actually.
    If our best raid heal was sitting there spamming Vile spores I would be bored.
    It is why I want LBV to change a bit. As it stands there is no reason to do anything but spam void life.

Show me an encounter where you can't target a single thing during an extended period of a boss fight, and I'll show you an encounter that was poorly designed.
    Fights such as Grugonim tends to be the worst case scenario.
    You need to move, and if the adds are all dead you have NOTHING to heal off from which is also part of why the foci phase is really bad.

That isn't bad design though.
    Bad design is entirely different from good design.
    Bad design is not based off of an encounter where we cannot do something.
    Bad design is where you cannot do something ALL the time
    Our disadvantages as a Chloromancer were intentional, and that's what made the class fun. We worked hard to find ways to keep our healing up, and we were rewarded by occasionally having those fights that caused our healing to soar.
    The fights where healing soared typically resulted in useless overhealing.
    It is nice to see big numbers, but the question is effectiveness because it is something easier to quantify.
    Qualitative matters typically have no place unless it can be agreed upon by a majority as not being fun.

For example, Warriors whine and moan about energy problems on their DPS specs, they ignore the fact they do 6k+ parses, but it is the lack of energy, the break in combat flow that ruins things.
    DIsrupting the rhythm of people can be very problematic.

Several people are upset about the nerf of Radiant Spores. I'm not. Radiant Spores, as a single spell, is simply too strong. It's based off luck, has the potential to return *way* too much health, and requires nothing of the healer outside of a single GCD. It is not a skillful heal. It is almost the epitome of passive healing, and it really broke some encounters.
    I can think of no encounters where radiant spores made the difference.
    The majority of the time it contributed to overhealing so it wasn't the best thing.
    People tend to just focus on big numbers, they don't care about the context of it.

I would want radiant spores to become more skill based personally.

I am upset, though, that our style of healing hasn't evolved, but instead shifted away from what we've been doing for the past year and a half.
    This I disagree, it falls down to how you view it.
    We still must deal damage to heal.
    We just don't determine heals from damage.
    People, in my opinion, focused on the numbers and not the actual theme of the soul.

As for the bug, it appears the critical bonus affects healing.

Edit: Stop making fun of stormcaller...its my baby.
    Last edited by Aguni; 10-14-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Plane Walker

I feel like we're casting more spells now. Beforehand spamming void life got us through things whereas now it's just a tank heal.

I've said before the LBV nerf feels a bit much when couple with RS and 5 mans will be awkward. When they fix tank damage I guess we might be alright using LGV and ST heals but that still feels a bit ropey for my liking I have a feeling the net result will be a nerf and us struggling with 5 mans when at lower gear levels. I think the LBV HPS on tanks however may have actually risen though. All this assumes that the fights won't be engineered so one stance or another will be optimal, however I suspect there'll be a lot of fights where one veil has too little tank healing and the other too little aoe. In all honesty the possible implications of this change aside I like what they've done.

However we now have a slightly more complex use of spells I thought. I'm not sure how we'll stack up against wardens, we've been buffed but will it be enough? This is one we can only answer in raids, because our healing comes at a different rate and in a different way to wardens, the ideal balancing point is one where each class excels in different fights but the mixture is about even, and both can do the job in their sub optimal fights, just maybe with a little less headroom so to speak. I would say that LGV seems to generate a little more HPS per target now but also hits 10 targets, chloros will stack better in raids, having more than 2 will not be really weak as we won't be balanced by a spell which can only be up once at a time. Though that assumes wardens didn't get buffed insanely.

I suspect all healing focused chloros will be 51/61 now with the rest being about support or trading off a little healing for a lot of DPS I guess. I can see support chlorobingers and stuff turning up in 5 mans. Or archons with LGV but that 61 points talent and the increased healing per rank means you can't max anything but DPS while healing by putting more points into other trees.

To be honest i still prefer damage = healing or cast time = healing, but i thought ok you have been arguing in favor pretty hard Aguni. So i deceided to revisit the pts last night. And i went heavy archon with the archon crystal, 5pt pyro for cast time reduction and rest chloro. 1.7 seconds cast time on vile spores was pretty nice. Crit talents, cast time talents, and damage and healing talents in the tree Plus sp bonus from 2nd tier pillaging stone. Its different playstyle that has more buttons that i could deal with playing. Only thing i wish is wanning power was 20 seconds long for the 1 min cooldown(before it was 60sec for 3 min cooldown) And Natures fury damage is ok but the healing is meh. Maybe it could be changed to leave a dot or increase healing 10% since it has a cooldown?

Other thing i don't like atm

Before if you crit with a spell the damage calculated over as healing on the veil. Now veils and damage spells can both crit. So your damage spell could crit but you have to hope your veil crits too. Thats 2 crit rolls instead of the one that is on live. I am a bit worried about this. It could even out, but the veil seemed to crit alot less then damage spells did on the PTS. Tonight i want to test 1000 cast and get a better sample size.
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast