+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS NOTES: 1.11 GENERAL In-Progress Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    * Healing has been reduced across the board in PvP combat.
    * AoE Damage and Healing have been additionally reduced in general in PvP combat.
    - Can you tell us actual Values of these heal/dmg reductions.

-- Even after all of these 1.11 Buffs to Classes DPS, Clerics are still behind in numbers( I am ok with that.. we are clerics..). But Now Our Heals are being reduced.. And on top of that, one of the very Few Viable WF dps specs we have -- Cabalist -- IS now even getting reductions.

I've seen Wars on PTS with 18k HP sword n' board in DPS specs for pvp and they are critting for 2-3k hits against me in full pvp gear, along with Fullheal, 2-3 stuns, 2 gap closers, etc. But its ok, since we can't heal, clerics have shaman now.. 10% healing reduc spell, a snare, and a charge, (can't even use 1h and shield still cause our shields don't have SP to scale weapon dmg).

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Aye it is only the pvp affected vials.

I can take two easy perspectives.

1. It might seem disheartening if a player who has been around the whole time blew all their pots during the 50 era, and wants more now. But on the same token the players who didn't probably reasoned they would serve better later on. I could see this as throwing a bone and giving less reward to people who waited and maybe suspected level cap raises from the get-go, while a lot of this community has indeed shown they are not overly familiar with level cap raises. Nothing wrong with that, just means it wouldn't occur to them to hold them off till another time or when the gap gets even bigger.

2. This does kind of get weird for new players entering the game who haven't touched Rift before SL. They can either use them at full level at lower levels where it has far less meaning, or use it when it has meaning at a diminished level. At least the people who blew them in the 50 era got full and proper bonuses out of the pots. I can't think of why a new player would do anything but hold off till 60 now to use favor/prestige vials.

One thing that sits in my mind is, I just hope they don't make a mini gimmick out of something this simple. Like new XP pots with full effect at max level. I assume Trion doesn't plan on failing soon so I suspect they envision a day where they will raise the games level cap to 70. But a subscriber is a subscriber. Does that mean eventually new players would get loads of XP pots that are only good 20 levels below the cap? If I quit the game now and take a long hard break in college, and come back and say "oh hey Rift is still kicking". What good are my stacks of XP vials that diminish after 50 when the cap is 60 or heck, maybe even 70 now. In the end, objectively, a bonus is a bonus and it will still be returning more rewards than without them active. But like I said before, it's the obscurity of it I can't get over and stop delving into.

And indeed, it is a mixed message. It does seem a bit silly to get a phat stash of XP pots from subbing for a year worth of vet rewards coupled with an expansion purchase to have the rewards from said transaction diminish when they would be most key. Bleh, I can't believe I'm drawing this much complexity out of this, the the most simple things drive me nuts.
    You and me both brotha...my subscription is currently paid up til December 2014 ROFL. This is due to getting game time cards for the express purpose of having xp/favor/prestige vials for the expansion....and then like 4 days after that transaction they throw out the preorder option to buy a year of rift to get SL free crap.

The xp vials I was going to use at 60 to grind out tier 3 PA once it is available, but the favor/prestige vials change is a kick to the nuts. CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK?

TO TRION: How about this, to avoid kicking your subscribers in the nuts, make the changes to all xp/favor/prestige vials that come into the game from this point on...name them something else if that makes this easier. Keep the vials players have in game right now STAY AS IS. Otherwise idiots like me who bought a year worth of game time cards just to get the vet reward vials are getting *****.

I'm sure you may be thinking...why would Trion care if they piss off people who have done what I've done (and trust me there are a ton of us), hell they already have our money... Well I am just having hope that Trion cares about it's players enough to NOT do this.

* Gaining Prestige Ranks past 40 now grants 500,000 Planar Attunement experience.
    I don't get what this means, can you clarify, please?

It seems like 500,000 PA XP could be very different in the new PA system than it is in the old system. In the old system, you get 2 PA levels for ranks past 40, right? 500k each? But I'm confused about how that transfers over.

If the point is simply that you get 1 PA level for ranks past 40 now instead of 2, then I understand (though if that's the case, I don't get why).

Quote Originally Posted by Hastos View Post
    - Can you tell us actual Values of these heal/dmg reductions.

-- Even after all of these 1.11 Buffs to Classes DPS, Clerics are still behind in numbers( I am ok with that.. we are clerics..). But Now Our Heals are being reduced.. And on top of that, one of the very Few Viable WF dps specs we have -- Cabalist -- IS now even getting reductions.

I've seen Wars on PTS with 18k HP sword n' board in DPS specs for pvp and they are critting for 2-3k hits against me in full pvp gear, along with Fullheal, 2-3 stuns, 2 gap closers, etc. But its ok, since we can't heal, clerics have shaman now.. 10% healing reduc spell, a snare, and a charge, (can't even use 1h and shield still cause our shields don't have SP to scale weapon dmg).
    PVP is absolutely borked right now. Valor isn't functioning right or something, because damage is too high across the board.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreiks View Post

* AoE Damage and Healing have been reduced in general in PvP combat.
    Anyone test yet to find out a rough % of reduction?

Plane Touched

Can't really call out an amount but on my Bard I roughtly heal with Coda of Rejuvination for about 2.1k non crit while that heals for 430 non crit in duels.
    I popped Virtuoso and that gave me like 1 second more to survive which is exact the one second needed for Virtuoso...

If it stays that way you might as well just call it quits and not heal at all since the only deciding factor is who deals mor DPS atm. And hell, try DPSing a warrior with a pretty hard dmg reduction, a full heal, a 35% dmg buff specced that has ranged attacks, the chance to block and if he wants can just charge at you. I mean seriously, did no one at trion think this through?
    Last edited by Terrordar; 10-14-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Shadowlander

The slight silver lining is that if you're leveling any last minute characters you can basically use XP pots from 1-50 now.

While I'm kinda sad about not being able to use them 50-60, it will be less stressful. No need to commit two hours at a time.

Also, I didn't see anything in regards to oilstones, whetstones, & powerstones specifically besides the glyph changes. Maybe I just missed it. Will they have new stats in 1.11?

Plane Touched

they will have AP on them. so instead of 5 dps on a 1h whetstone you will get 50 AP now, also 5 AP will give 1 DPS instead of 10 for one.

* Healing has been reduced across the board in PvP combat.
    * AoE Damage and Healing have been additionally reduced in general in PvP combat.
    I was wondering where Lingering Wounds went.

GENERAL

* Added an automatic leader-promotion feature. If a guild has no active Leader rank members for 37 days, the most senior recently active character will be automatically promoted to Leader rank. Any existing Leaders who have played within the prior 60 days will receive an in-game mail notifying them of the change.
    I foresee a lot of guilds getting taken from leaders taking a break prior to xpac.
    Last edited by GoldChrish; 10-15-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Will the mounts we receive from Conq:HK and Conq:ROS scale like the mount from Conq:ID does?
    Personally, I love my party-hat murdantix mount and would like to see it gain the 150%/200% speed bonus from the new mounts, and not to be stuck at 110% ;_;

Oh wow I just caught the leader promotion thing. That is a terrible idea. If you want to run your own guild, form your own guild and be the leader. The leader of a guild should only be the person who formed it and who they promote to leader. If a guild dies out because the leader is gone, they should reform a new guild. A guild belongs to the leader, no mechanic should auto shuffle it off to someone else without leader permission.

I run my own little friendly guild, and sometimes invite a friend or few under my shelter to get some perks and such. If this goes in place, if I am knowing taking a break I would honestly kick every body out of my guild. I am the only leader of it. Yucky mechanic.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Oh wow I just caught the leader promotion thing. That is a terrible idea. If you want to run your own guild, form your own guild and be the leader. The leader of a guild should only be the person who formed it and who they promote to leader. If a guild dies out because the leader is gone, they should reform a new guild. A guild belongs to the leader, no mechanic should auto shuffle it off to someone else without leader permission.

I run my own little friendly guild, and sometimes invite a friend or few under my shelter to get some perks and such. If this goes in place, if I am knowing taking a break I would honestly kick every body out of my guild. I am the only leader of it. Yucky mechanic.
    I disagree. As a leader of a guild, you have a responsibility to your members. If your guild isn't able to function due to your absence, then your members need to have the ability to rectify the situation for themselves. The leader isn't the one who got all the perks and tabs; the guild is, and it is not fair to say that those members will have to start from scratch just because you lost interest or couldn't log on.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3