+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 161
Like Tree37Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS NOTES: 1.11 MAGE In-Progress Notes

  1. #76
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    Hey, Aguni, I'm gonna move your post into the other thread, okay?
    Go for it, will be easier to consolidate the discussion.

  2. #77
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Hi.

    - Mage DPS vs other DPS callings ATM? better / worse than before ?
    - Any other souls do more DPS than 51 Ele 15 Necro?, I don't want be forced play pets...

    I don't have all crystals etc... so I cant test everything.. share info if have it.

    Thanks.

  3. #78
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Currently 34/32 necrodom is pulling around 6k.

    Everything else does around 4.5k which is inline with the other callings.
    Warriors are all over the friggin place though so they need heavy down tuning.

  4. #79
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Since all my feedback has been focused on Chloromancers, I spent a good time last night working with the other souls to give my feedback on those, as well as the pre-made purposes.

    Archon
    -The damage increase on this soul is just amazing. I would've never expected it to pull the sorts of numbers that I saw.
    -I don't like that there's only one aura until level 32. I think it would be better to switch the positions of Cleansing Flames and Arcane Aegis (and then swap Vitality of Stone with Cleansing Flame) so that hybrids can make better use of the talents based off the auras.
    -Given the introduction of Spark Shower, and soon at level 54, Granite Salvo, there aren't a lot of opportunities to naturally get Burning Purpose to proc. This encourages toggling Power Drain every 3 seconds, even if it costs -10 charge to do so. I'm wondering if that's intended to help separate great archons from good ones.
    -Fireball's combust doesn't trigger Burning Purpose. Are DoTs not considered debuffs?
    -Also considering Granite Salvo, more spells should be like it and not have a cooldown (or at least a cooldown shorter than the duration of the buff) so that it's not so macro-reliant.
    -Macro Waning Power in front of Surging Flare.
    -Archon's Bulwark will be interesting. Will other support classes cover the debuffs in that situation?
    -Overall: I really, really like what was done with it. I do think it would have been better to have stronger buffs that could be targeted on specific people, but now we have enough spells to really make runs fast. There's still no real AoE capabilities, though.

    Necromancer
    -There is no way to consume Deathly Calling stacks in an AoE situation.
    -The buffs to the pets are just amazing.
    -I can have 7 pets out at once? Awesome!
    -The soul has great synergy now, with Warlock, Elementalist and Dominator.
    -I think Epidemic should also affect Fireball, Vile Spores, Void Bolt and Forked Lightning for more synergy.
    -Overall: Amazing changes that make the Necromancer just really fun.

    Elementalist
    -The Cycles are an awesome idea, but I feel that there should be one more spell to add to the rotation, or at least, the ability to reset one of the longer cooldown abilities. However, I haven't had much time to play with this, and it may be that Elementalists simply need to use abilities from other souls to augment the cycles. If that's the case, then I really look forward to testing more.
    -Ignite doesn't feel like it lasts long enough. Perhaps increase the DoT to 16 seconds to match Necrosis?
    -Sever Bonds feels underwhelming in a PvE situation. Perhaps it could also provide a minor heal?
    -Overall: I really like how this soul came out. I do think it needs some form of self-healing; nothing like Soul Purge or Bloom, but its own unique mechanic.

    Stormcaller
    -Charged Field is too strong, not in the sense of DPS, but in the sense that it really makes Storm Surge obsolete.
    -There needs to be one additional method of gaining or refreshing Hypothermia in an AoE situation. Hypothermia lasts 15 seconds, and both Hailstorm and Arctic Blast have 30 second cooldowns. Wind Chill can't be used because it's a knockback.
    -Electric Charge is very underwhelming since it doesn't cause damage. Perhaps it could apply Hypothermia and Ice Shear as well?
    -Eye of the Storm needs to have a set charge cost or a shorter cooldown. Its damage is very low as well.
    -Pouring Rain seems too specific. It would probably be better if it just made Cloudburst and any instant-cast AoEs have a 1 second GCD.
    -Overall: Stormcaller doesn't seem to play nice with itself. It has a ton of cool abilities, but they're all rendered useless since Charged Field is so powerful. My initial thought is to let Charged Field do more damage the more stacks of Electrify are on the target, but it doesn't erase the stacks (and does less damage in general). Lower the cooldown of Storm Surge a bit (maybe to 20-25 seconds) and use that as an AoE finisher, doing a ton of damage and blowing everything up.

    Pyromancer
    -Firestorm does a lot less damage, as it should be. The increase in ST DPS should be balanced.
    -Prime is really good for cleave damage; get five stacks of a combust on 1 target, prime another, and then Sigil both for 20% increase in damage.
    -Extinguish just looks nasty.
    -Withering Flame > Prime on second target > Flame Sigil > Heatwave > Prime > Extinguish > BLOW SOMETHING THE HECK UP! That looks fun.
    -Overall: Fire looks fun! If I weren't so opposed to casting Fire, I think I might play this spec x3.

    Dominator
    -Malevolent Bolt is just what the soul needed, and I can't wait to see if future encounters will make it worth using.
    -I'll give more feedback once I've finished my testing.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

  5. #80
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    People are suggesting zoomancer is the flavor of the month in this patch? Hahahahaha, really? Hahhahahaha, that is such a messed up spec. 3.....2.....1.... release the mob of pets and increase the raid's lag.

  6. #81
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    Since all my feedback has been focused on Chloromancers, I spent a good time last night working with the other souls to give my feedback on those, as well as the pre-made purposes.

    Archon
    -Given the introduction of Spark Shower, and soon at level 54, Granite Salvo, there aren't a lot of opportunities to naturally get Burning Purpose to proc. This encourages toggling Power Drain every 3 seconds, even if it costs -10 charge to do so. I'm wondering if that's intended to help separate great archons from good ones.
    I believe that is because Kervik wanted to give people decent DPS rather than them constnatly proccing BP for damage.
    My only concern now is that the Archon offhand is reliant upon BP to proc, and with a low crit rate its curently difficult.
    I know we will eventually replace the thing but its pretty much a waste to use a heart on now =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    -Fireball's combust doesn't trigger Burning Purpose. Are DoTs not considered debuffs?
    Nope.
    I am fine with the AoE thing myself personally, mainly since you're typically focus on the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post

    Elementalist
    -The Cycles are an awesome idea, but I feel that there should be one more spell to add to the rotation, or at least, the ability to reset one of the longer cooldown abilities. However, I haven't had much time to play with this, and it may be that Elementalists simply need to use abilities from other souls to augment the cycles. If that's the case, then I really look forward to testing more.
    At the moment I am actually a bit bothered.
    There really isnt a reason to try and cycle throgh.
    You can cast ignite, and just spam CM whenever it comes off of cooldown.
    You don't use Lightning strike at all, and you rarely, if ever cast Volcanic eruption for the full 3 seconds due to CM spam.


    Stormcaller
    -Charged Field is too strong, not in the sense of DPS, but in the sense that it really makes Storm Surge obsolete.[/quote]

    The problem currently is that Storm Surge literally does not do anything close to Lightning Field on Live!
    The damage is calculated and then split, so personally, I believe Storm Surge should get a significant buff.

    Stormcaller
    -Electric Charge is very underwhelming since it doesn't cause damage. Perhaps it could apply Hypothermia and Ice Shear as well?[/quote]
    I disagree, being able to apply 5 stacks of electrify in such a short time is immensely useful, I think applying hypothermia and ice shear might be overkill.
    Plus it wouldn't be used once those 5 stacks are up since it deals no damage.

    Stormcaller
    -Eye of the Storm needs to have a set charge cost or a shorter cooldown. Its damage is very low as well.
    -Pouring Rain seems too specific. It would probably be better if it just made Cloudburst and any instant-cast AoEs have a 1 second GCD.
    -Overall: Stormcaller doesn't seem to play nice with itself. It has a ton of cool abilities, but they're all rendered useless since Charged Field is so powerful. My initial thought is to let Charged Field do more damage the more stacks of Electrify are on the target, but it doesn't erase the stacks (and does less damage in general). Lower the cooldown of Storm Surge a bit (maybe to 20-25 seconds) and use that as an AoE finisher, doing a ton of damage and blowing everything up.[/quote]

    I would have to disagree, it isn't a case of Charge field being too powerful, it is a case of those abilities being far too weak.
    The amount of damage you can deal with Storm Surge is lesser than what can be applied with Charged Field on Live.

    So this isn't a case of Lightning field being so strong, as it is a case of it being too weak an ability, much like how EOTS is so stupidly weak for some reason.

    Pyromancer

    Dominator
    -Malevolent Bolt is just what the soul needed, and I can't wait to see if future encounters will make it worth using.
    -I'll give more feedback once I've finished my testing.[/QUOTE]

    My only concern actually is that the two new abilities, Void wall and Gravity void are useless in PvP.
    The damage they deal is so extremely small due to PvP combat changes that there is no incentive to stay out of them.

    This will be the case with every other control spell, and they don't have a secondary effect to them to be very useful.

    IMO, work with the drain mechani. Make it so they both drain 10 energy each second or increase the cost of ability use by 50%.

  7. #82
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasin View Post
    People are suggesting zoomancer is the flavor of the month in this patch? Hahahahaha, really? Hahhahahaha, that is such a messed up spec. 3.....2.....1.... release the mob of pets and increase the raid's lag.
    Get a better computer if Zoomancer is causing you to suffer lag.

  8. #83
    Rift Disciple Ramen Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Get a better computer if Zoomancer is causing you to suffer lag.
    It doesn't just cause lag for the users computer. it was an issue in 1.3 as well for many raid members, not just the casters.
    Kurona
    <Negative Ghostrider>

  9. #84
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramen Sama View Post
    It doesn't just cause lag for the users computer. it was an issue in 1.3 as well for many raid members, not just the casters.
    That was 1.3, this is 1.11
    Many things have been changed, so I think it would be wise to simply wait and see.
    Last edited by Aguni; 10-13-2012 at 10:39 PM.

  10. #85
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Xillean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    Since all my feedback has been focused on Chloromancers, I spent a good time last night working with the other souls to give my feedback on those, as well as the pre-made purposes.

    Necromancer
    -There is no way to consume Deathly Calling stacks in an AoE situation.
    -The buffs to the pets are just amazing.
    -I can have 7 pets out at once? Awesome!
    -The soul has great synergy now, with Warlock, Elementalist and Dominator.
    -I think Epidemic should also affect Fireball, Vile Spores, Void Bolt and Forked Lightning for more synergy.
    -Overall: Amazing changes that make the Necromancer just really fun.

    Elementalist
    -Ignite doesn't feel like it lasts long enough. Perhaps increase the DoT to 16 seconds to match Necrosis?
    I am only going to respond to these two since all I really do on my mage is either chloro heal or play as a Necro and lack the experience to comment on the rest.

    You are right we don’t have a way to consume our Deathly calling stacks for aoe, however Grave Rot benefits from having the stacks built up and seems to actually be a decent hitting dot now and worth casting and keeping up. I wouldn't mind some way to use our deathly calling stacks to trigger our Corpse Explosion. Maybe just add to the ability that your able to trigger it early if you reach 5 stacks or if you have 5 stacks you can simply cast it and it immediately deals its damage?

    Agreed I love the buffs to the pets.

    Just wait when we can get our 58 ability, Parasite, 8 pets ftw!

    I tried Dom and Ele, how did you spend your points for Lock?

    Not sure about Epidemic affecting Fireball and Forked Lighting but would be down for Void Bolt and Vile Spores.

    And dear God please yes for Ignite. Maybe have the talent Flesh Rot also apply its effects to Ignite? That way it would tick a little harder and last as long as Necrosis
    Last edited by Xillean; 10-13-2012 at 11:41 PM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

  11. #86
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    I'm sooo glad pillaging stones was changed, even though technically it's a nerf, I welcome it as i'm tired of dualing people after every wipe.

    Please however, for the love of god, revert chloro back to its original state. There used to be a wide range of synergy between chloro and the other souls, however we will now basically be force into putting our remaining points into harbinger. There really is very little / no synergy with any others as they do not offer life spells, and only opportunity (10%, see also: unreliable) reduces the cast time.

  12. #87
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    I'm sooo glad pillaging stones was changed, even though technically it's a nerf, I welcome it as i'm tired of dueling people after every wipe.
    A nerf is a nerf no matter how "tired" you were of doing something if your raid wipe.

    People really need to stop trying to push how they "feel" as a method of determining if something is good or not.
    Fact of the matter is, it is a nerf.
    One that can be lived with due to the buffs that have occurred.

    Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    I
    Please however, for the love of god, revert chloro back to its original state. There used to be a wide range of synergy between chloro and the other souls, however we will now basically be force into putting our remaining points into harbinger. There really is very little / no synergy with any others as they do not offer life spells, and only opportunity (10%, see also: unreliable) reduces the cast time.
    Healing based on damage is flawed because that means any mechanics that reduces damage to the target will weaken your heals.

    It would be foolish to argue that this is something that should be lived with because if, in future content a boss reduces the damage done to itself and there is nothing within reach to aim at which means you do little bits of healing.

    It is also part of why in PvP being a chloro was virtually impossible when you had a passive 60% heal debuff on top of an additional 50% heal debuff from any other class.

    That is the biggest reason there.

    Second, why is it impossible for abilities to be appropriately tweaked to benefit Chloromancer?
    As we saw with the Harbinger preview, it boosts the amount of SP you receive which in turn boosts your healing ability.

    Archon still has an ability that boosts the amount of healing you provide to the raid so there is synergy there, but you need level 60 to get to it.

    The hybrids didn't even do that much more healing than 51 chloro! I gathered the numbers earlier and the ONLY reason a chlorolock did more healing than a chloromancer was due to being able to maintain a 20% damage buff for the entire duration of the fight.
    It actually did LESS healing thana 51 chloro, 6 pyro, 9 dom spec!


    You only took them so you could provide more damage for the raid. This would beg to question as to why you would even rely on the healer to provide DPS to meet an enrage timer.
    It shouldn't make such an impact upon the raid.

    I am not saying your concern has no place.
    The lack of synergy is something that could be addressed, but that does not require going back to the old system.
    Talents can easily be changed, SP modifiers can easily be provided.
    Vengeful healer for example, can be tweaked to provide more healing.
    Pyromancer's ravenous flames could provide a boost towards healing by 9%.

    Those are changes that can be easily made, without going back to the old system and address the synergy problems with the current mechanic.

    With the old mechanic, you can't do anything about reduced damage.
    With the new mechanic, you can do something about synergy problems.

    That alone places me in favor of the system, since not only can problems be solved more easily, it also means that in raids, new mechanics can be placed without worry about Chloromancer's getting the dirty end of the stick.

  13. #88
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    That is fine, I separate it point by point since it helps me keep track of the argument better or address separate parts of the argument.
    Different strokes for different folks.


    I would disagree, going into archon for the raid wide cleanse was completely inefficient as a chloro.
    In raids, the Archon would already be casting it, so you wouldn't even bother being specced into archon, and in terms of a 10 man or 5 man it was either unnecessary or you were better off speccing pyrochloro for the 1 second GCD.

    Which keep in mind was adjusted so you cannot get that any longer. This means the AoE cleanse more important as the 1 s GCD that was used is no longer accessible.

    It is also a GTAOE and not a PBAOE so targeting could become more difficult.
    Let alone clerics also had a AoE cleanse so dipping into archon solely for that purpose was not at all necessary.

    Not all cleric specs had an AoE cleanse either, so providing it to Chloros not only provides more utility to the chloromancer without having to sacrifice the ability to main tank heal, which removes flexibility, but also frees up Clerics a bit if they should have a spec without an AoE cleanse.

    That is ignoring the fact that many of the trees we used to dip into have been changed.



    Hardly. The difference between Withering Vines and a spell such as Ruin is that Withering Vines is an HoT that deals its healing on top of whatever else you chuck in.

    You are trying to argue that you can heal effectively in a dungeon that isn't even difficult for on level geared people, and on top of that, over gearing the content.
    I sincerely doubt you would perform just as well using only WV in places where healing actually matters such as ID.




    There was pyrochloro and pyrolock and 51 chloro for healing.
    There weren't tons of builds that were effective at healing.
    They were actually mediocre in comparison to those three builds because

    1. LGV/LBV heals are multiplicative to damage. So anything else besides those builds were not effective in raiding in comparison to the three builds I mentioned.

    2. Those builds unnecessary because other builds could handle their job better and more efficiently in a raid setting. Which is important for progression.

    You are trying to compare your healing to something that you over gear an immense amount and the dungeon has been down tuned.
    I can heal through AP using just Radiant Spores and Withering Vines on live.
    That doesn't say anything about healing efficiency when I outgear the content massively.



    Well I am not saying that the amount of builds you can make hasn't been lessened.
    Simply that now it is unnecessary.
    SC/Chloro was primarily due to radiant spores which has been nerfed to the ground.
    So the change to the damage to heal mechanic has nothing to do with it since non life damage based abilities healed for only 5% of their actual damage in that matter.

    In terms of chlorochon, there was never a reason to spec for it outside of the AOE cleanse, and that was typically unnecessary outside of raid scenarios which an archon would be present for anyway.

    Yes the system is more restricting, but it is incorrect to say it isn't more efficient than the previous mechanic.





    No I didn't don't lie its flat out insulting when you make such statements.
    The fact you are even trying to support the previous statements about mindless healing by using Abyssal Precipice as an example when an individual is completely ID geared is mindless in itself.

    I can do that on live just as I can do on PTS, it has nothing to do with raid healing so much as it has to do with outgearing content.
    Feel free to solo heal HK with just radiant spores and Withering Vines, I can almost guarantee it won't end well.



    Read above.
    Saying you can mindlessly heal through Expert Dungeons while wearing Infernal Dawn gear is mindless in itself.

    Feel free to try and apply your statements in Infernal dawn on fights such as Ituziel.
    Withering Vines all day, tell me how many people survive.


    Damage stop mechanics were addressed by providing us more direct heals including a reactive heal as well.
    Any more than that and you get the complaint of chloros being cleric like, so it is a lose lose situation there because you won't be happy no matter what is done.

    Let alone that simply because there are fights that right NOW do not often involve a damage reduction mechanic does not mean it will not occur in the future.
    So that alone nips a potential problem in the bud and allows more interesting mechanics as well.

    Who knew?

    That is correct, we didn't get another raid heal, but we did get two ST heals, along with Natural healing.
    One is a direc theal with an HoT attached and the second one is a heal when damaged ability.
    Paired with natural healing and bloom and you can handle four people.
    Assuming you have 3 chloros, in theory you could handle well over half the raid.
    So it does help.

    Yes we did not get another raid heal ability which can be problematic, but then people would complain chloros are being cleric like so there is no win scenario.


    Again you highly exaggerate.
    There is a difference between being viable and being able to solo heal a scenario.
    Clearly this was not the case.
    In fights such as Grugonim, or fights where there were damage reduction effects a Chloros healing went to zip.
    IN fact, the more chloros you had the worst it was because you had at best, two direct heals, the third taking time to cast, and the fourthyou saved the third for the tank typically.

    You get 2 more direct heals now. That's pretty good for moments where you can't do much healing without a target.


    Shall I ignore your post?
    PvP is an aspect of the game and is completely valid as an argument for justifying the change.
    Simply because it is an inconvenient to your argument doesn't mean you can ignore it.


    Not really, the amount of raid healing you gained from switching to said hybrid wasn't very large.
    Again, the veils are multiplicative and modified by Living infusion, so the difference between a 51 chloros healing and a pyrochloro's healing was small and not much of a big deal.
    You mainly went that route because you had the bonus of getting a decent chunk of damage and a 1s GCD; which is now gone.

    At the very least know why those builds existed as well as the healing output that can be put.
    Let alone trying to make the comparison regarding AoE vs ST builds is foolish because Chloromancer in itself dealt raid healing regardless of what you did.


    Congratulation's for intentionally ignoring the point of my statement.
    Will you tell me that pyromancer uses fire soon?

    Yep, you just went down the pyro uses fire route.

    The point is that Nature's touch is now modified to provide a 2x modifier for its healing as opposed to the original 1.2% when using LGV.
    Which is a buff, to counter the statement that Chloro AoE healing got nerfed while using LGV

    Furthermore, yes it does matter if you crit.
    When it comes to Chloro, only a single roll is used.
    So for example, if you hit someone with a 600 Vile spore, you can't get a healing crit despite your damage ability not critting.

    So when nature's touch crits, your healing crits as well.
    So you're still very much reliant on your crit rate through damage abilities.



    Really now? Let us see, what is the theme for Chloro?
    You deal damage, you get a heal.
    What is the current mechanic? You deal damage, you get a heal. Instead of being reliant on the damage alone, it relies on the cast time.

    Do you still need to damage? Yes? Then its still the same theme of deal damaging to heal.
    Did you also know that on live, building convictions for DoL involves using DAMAGING abilities?
    I guess chloromancer's are too similar to clerics from the start.

    If you don't care for PvP that is fine, but it exists in the game so that sphere of the argument should be addressed even if you do not care for it.

    Chloromancer is the exact same as it is in the past, it just doesn't get borked if the boss slaps a damage reduction ability on itself mid way through your cast.

    Chloromancer healing obviously got buffed, so why are you complaining about getting a BUFF?
    That would be like Warrior's complaining about the removal of Lingering Wounds when PvP healing was reduced by an odd 40% across the board.



    If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?
    The problem is there's no tying Chloro to other trees. Nothing adds to what a chloro does which is heal.

    This is the second nerf to chloros. And yes when Chloro was forced to spec 51 in their tree and no one else was to do their job it was a nerf. Now we get a nerf 2.

    You never have to train 1 damage skill pasted level 1. It doesn't matter. That's poor game design. Everyone should level a mage and save their plat and not train 1 life damage skill passed level 1. It wouldn't matter. How bad a design is that? Epic fail design.

    Chloro's life spells should heal for different amounts. I cast ruin. It's on a cooldown. It should heal for more that than a life spell you can spam. It's doesn't. That's poor game design.

    I also don't like mage DPS either. You are either a pet class or you will suck. Yes it's early. But there is 3 weeks until 1.11 has to be final. Dev's can't make huge class changes this late. What you see it what you'll get for the most part. Very sad indeed.

    I've not got SL yet. And this kinds of designs makes me not want to buy it.

    When you can just throw spells with really thinking as a nerco/dom and do insane damage without trying. And you work your butt off doing warlock and do 1500DPS less that's just............ Wait for it.................. Bad game design.

  14. #89
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    The problem is there's no tying Chloro to other trees. Nothing adds to what a chloro does which is heal.
    Archon does, so does Harbinger, pyro provides a cast time modifier and so does Warlock.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    This is the second nerf to chloros. And yes when Chloro was forced to spec 51 in their tree and no one else was to do their job it was a nerf. Now we get a nerf 2.
    There have been several nerfs Chrissi, alot of which were necessary.
    In the past, we one veil and could both tank heal and raid heal at the same time.
    Synthesis had a 220% heal modifier instead of 160%.
    Nature's touch was also higher in damage proccing massive healing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    You never have to train 1 damage skill pasted level 1. It doesn't matter. That's poor game design. Everyone should level a mage and save their plat and not train 1 life damage skill passed level 1. It wouldn't matter. How bad a design is that? Epic fail design.
    Inversely, you never had to train your LGV/LBV as you leveled, which is just bad design as that is your main method of healing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    Chloro's life spells should heal for different amounts. I cast ruin. It's on a cooldown. It should heal for more that than a life spell you can spam. It's doesn't. That's poor game design.
    First of all, you mean life DAMAGE spells. After all then you should demand Flourish be nerfed because on live, it heals 5 more people and heals them far more than the cooldown ratio would indicate.
    Derp.

    This spell takes time to cast. One would hope that it is stronger than an ability that can be spammed repeatedly that is instead. Lucent Slash for example.

    Let alone you are trying to apply an argument based on the OLD design, to an argument based on the NEW design.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    I also don't like mage DPS either. You are either a pet class or you will suck. Yes it's early. But there is 3 weeks until 1.11 has to be final.
    Reallynow let us see.
    51 elementalist parses for 4.8k
    51 necrodom parses for around 4.8k
    51 pyro is currently parsing around 4.5k but piques for higher than the other two when heatwave is in play.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    Dev's can't make huge class changes this late.
    yeah...because it is so extremely difficult to change SP coefficients...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    What you see it what you'll get for the most part. Very sad indeed.
    I have napkins if you are shedding this many tears in person.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    I've not got SL yet. And this kinds of designs makes me not want to buy it.
    Why didn't you quit when SC/Ele was the highest ST parse for Mages?
    Why haven't you quit when Warriors had both AoE and ST in a single spec?
    Why didn't you quit when pet classes were useless?

    It is fine, you don't have to like it and you don't have to buy it, but at least be consistent in your belief.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    When you can just throw spells with really thinking as a nerco/dom and do insane damage without trying. And you work your butt off doing warlock and do 1500DPS less that's just............ Wait for it.................. Bad game design.
    By your logic, nothing that has ever been made is good game design.

    Derp.
    Last edited by Aguni; 10-14-2012 at 04:31 PM.

  15. #90
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Okay throwing my feedback in on mages

    1st of all O M G!!!!! Chloro's, take a breath. Healing is down across the board. I'm sure Trion has a plan in balancing. The days of Senticar, Icar, and Chloro being OP in healing are history. That is NOT going to change based on "my chloro doesn't heal like it used to" spamming.

    It does point out, however, just how important Chloro is to the mage players. Let's chat a bit about that and the whys and what fors. Taking another step back, exposes a serious problem for most guilds, there is a huge lack of dps mages. We are fortunate to have a few, but they are too few. while we have 3-4 excellent dps mages, we are swimming in dps warriors and rogues. The reason? DPS mages are harder to play. That's it. That's the big problem. It is also why many mages preferred to play Chloro. Easy vs hard, easy will win most of the time. Chloro healing was easy, mage dps was, and still is, harder. What happened to the Trion talk of "mages are like playing a concert piano, we plan to simplify that"?

    Okay let's look at the basics. 1st the mage is the only class that has to manage 2 energy sources. Rogue and warriors have energy management. Cleric has mana management. Mage has mana AND CHARGE management. Skills not only que off CD, they cue off charge, they eat charge, provide charge, stop charge, it's a huge issue to playing dps mage well. Remove the charge mechanic and viola, the dps spectrum becomes massively simpler. Now you can begin to set up mages more like every other class. Skills only prioritize on damage, CD and mana. And if you consider mana, as a caster's "energy" that makes them like every other class. I have to ask, and admittedly I am a mage noob, are we over thinking this? Here's your chance Trion. Level the playing field.

    Don't get me wrong. You can still have rotations that take advantage of buffs and procs to make souls more challenging in some respects. But simplifying it opens the class up to more players. More players, more raiders. More raiders, more raids. More raids, more fun for all. Okay hopefully Trion will pocket a buck or two more profit, so everyone wins. Elitist get their challenging rotations, common players have an entire class open up to them, and Rift remains just the best, game, eevveeeeerrrrr!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts