+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS 1.10 In-Progress Set #1 - 8/24/12

OH LAWDY~ Guardians are going to get annoyed with the amount of Defiant 50chat trolls, lul.
    4/4 GA 3/3 IG 5/5 PBB
    www.TrinityGuild.org

Well it looks like their is no longer any point to the main factions.

Blizzard took a several years to ruin World of Warcraft. Trion have managed to ruin Rift in just 1 1/2 years.

The inter-faction war was one of the main premises of the original game.
    Last edited by Captain Kremmen; 08-25-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Rift Disciple

Woot, nice changes!
    I like the whole cross-faction changes(as a PvE player).

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    what's up, cute eth/defiantelf girls?
    stay away from our wimminz
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Ascendant

I think it's great, personally. More people to group with, raid with and be guilded with, I don't see anything wrong with that. I always thought it was kinda silly how defiants and guardians hated each other when there's just worse threats out there...

I'd still like to see some actual content other than the world event before SL though

An army of undead awaits us so it`s time to share the holy water ;)

* The Macro name field now accepts longer names - up to 50 characters long, even!
    ...why? I can't imagine why anyone would need this. The icons can only display about 7 characters on the ability bars.

Wish this line said "* The number of Macro slots has been increased from 50 to 200!"

This along with more role slots and wardrobe slots, but I would take macro slots first if I had to choose.
    Last edited by Zsokorad; 08-25-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    Deepwood | Aschana | H1325 | PA1427 | R94 | 20017 pts
    ~ Dedicated Chloromancer ~

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Namko View Post
    Woot, nice changes!
    I like the whole cross-faction changes(as a PvE player).
    Agreed

What they really need is some aggressive advertising to swell the player base. There are soo many creative angles to take on it too, especially in a contrast format, and though this is a game, not a technology, it sort of follows suite of Beta max and such.. don't get me wrong.. there were many hidden gems of games that really are/were fun to play, and somehow did not get enough spotlight.

Trion Worlds has excelled at taking the best of what MMORPG has to offer and combining it as well as refining it. Pretty sure they could take the same approach to a shooter, one shooter that does it all: "geo-mod a la red faction back on ps2, map editing as robust as the original farcry, multiple class type combat, gear outfitting, proper vehicle mechanics as used in bf 1942, the list of good features for shooters goes on.. but nobody has yet incorporated them all nor well enough. Trion is a company that has shown us it's possible to have soo much in a game AND look leagues better, they have set the bar, and the bar remains.

Why others who enjoy MMORPG's stick to decades old stuff or keep thinking anything new they obviously have not done beta for would be any good is beyond me. I don't follow Rift as a zelot, I follow it because I consistently immerse myself in other content and give them full assessments, which side by side keeps me playing rift (despite the neglect of bard and rogue in general).

Perhaps only after aggressively increasing it's player base will Rift return to a dynamic faction battle (as is usually the case once the main enemy has be downed..)
    Last edited by Mirimon; 08-25-2012 at 09:51 AM.

When returning to meridian for the first time, to deliver the "missive" in the command center, the npc replies with the 3 general lore options, but for the quest it is greyed out as though you have not completed an objective, also.. she respons with "insert name" "you do you have for me"..... so yeah.. some issues with english.

For the initial quests.. soo many crates out in the fatigue zone.. but then again that was kind of frun racing against death... imo put a timer on it to collect them.

as for the gun interactions.. the bombardment of enemy ships needs some work.. the mouse over vs impact were way off, some odd camera angles, and sometimes does not allow firing at the ships. Doing it the second time for "Continuing support" or w/e was broken completely.

haha, and killing the marines was far easier to do by jumping overboard and waylaying them as they stood about taking the hits.. takes for ever to do via cannon and makes it pointless.

Ooooh nice. Lots of good changes here!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kremmen View Post
    Well it looks like their is no longer any point to the main factions.

Blizzard took a several years to ruin World of Warcraft. Trion have managed to ruin Rift in just 1 1/2 years.

The inter-faction war was one of the main premises of the original game.
    I dont like it either, but thats not really true. The fighting between the factions was mainly *****ing about who destroyed the world first.

They still have a common enemy, several in fact, and its only natural to begin some type of alliance to fight them off.

What is really off putting is how they will explain how the vigils are going to accept such an alliance, when we have spent a 18 month hearing how depraved the mechbacks are.

Although the vigil did take the time to help out the people of ember isle, they still cursed out some of the defiant races.

They need to cut a long form trailer with this chunk of the boss fight. My jaw, dropped. As did my friends. The destructible environment bit, is insane.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3qGWyxG1tw&hd=1&t=3m14s

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    What they really need is some aggressive advertising to swell the player base

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post

Perhaps only after aggressively increasing it's player base will Rift return to a dynamic faction battle (as is usually the case once the main enemy has be downed..)
    There is no way Trion can undo this once its done it would be suicide to do so.
    Once they allow both factions to guild up it would be a disaster beyond belief to at a later date tell those guilds that they will have to kick their other faction members.

Or to tell players who got in game married that they can no longer be spouses.
    or tell the players that they can no longer group up with the friends they made from the other faction.

No make no mistake this is some thing that can not be undone with out destroying the player base.

Personally i think this move is one of the best things Trion has done.

Shield of Telara

Dear Trion: You forgot to mention one very important new feature with the realease of 1.10, and that is T3 PA. I mean seriously, we know you won't release it during the launch of the expansion because people will already be leveling to 60. Are you seriously going to make people wait over a year and a half after T2 was released? This should have been out months ago...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast