+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: BUGS & FEEDBACK - World Event - Tempest Rising

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    ALERT ALERT DELETE DELETE

That said, my name can be pretty easily found, as well as my email.

You should still report you post and ask for an edit.

Since the second quest in the chain is bugged there isn't a lot of feedback I can give at the moment. So far:
    1. Continuing Mission Support - the Vessels don't count for the quest.
    2. Emissary of the Ice Watch - can't locate the Beacon.

Beside these bugs, bombarding the vessels is kinda annoying. I think it's better to make one hit box as big as the vessel, that should solve it. Also you might want to account for the start of this event and the multitude of people that are going to bunch up to complete these quests and make the vessels respawn faster, even instantly.

Also the word VESSEL is misspelled as VESSLE in the quest description.
    Last edited by Darklady; 08-24-2012 at 04:01 AM.
    Visit my Rift Gameplay Blog

Initial Quests
    • Crates quest: As mentioned fatigue is the real killer here. Would it be possible to extend the non-fatigue zone out from the ship a bit?
    • Gunnery quest:
      • Skyships: Need animations for when they go down. Once you kill one it just stops, hangs out for a few seconds and then is gone.
      • Boats: As it's currently implemented this portion is not fun at all. Even knowing how they were supposed to work I could only get one kill myself on 15+ attempts, and that was on one that someone else had the first two shots completed. Boats were also really slow to repop.
      • Troopers: Worked fine.
    Second Quest Set
    • Her Majesties... Quest: Worked as expected, though I was really surprised there was not a return trip back to the boat.
    • Emissary... Quest: Like others I could not find the beacon. I'm wondering if it's because the Queen is already outside of the Chancel with a turret.
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Unless I'm missing some huge indicator, there doesn't seem to be an NPC or anything in one's home town that points the player toward the starting point of these quests. Unless the idea is for you to run around the coasts until you find a questgiver, this might be confusing for some of the newer players in the game.
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

I think the issue with close-in support, the bombard 3 vessels part is the repeatable part

The dailies have reset and i was able to complete the burning 3 vessels quite easily now

However when trying to do it again as the repeatable, no matter how many boats i burned and sank, i received no credit for any of them

The repeatable also appears as a grey quest in log?

Another minor issue, the new currency Electrified Munitions appear in your bags instead of in your currency tab

Forgot to add, as of now, for past 15 mins the respawning of the mobs, boats and towers seems frozen, nothing is happening, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Another minor issue, the new currency Electrified Munitions appear in your bags instead of in your currency tab
    I believe only "annual events" currency goes into currency tab. Tempest Rising is one-time pre-addon story event, unlike Fae Yule (Unique Snowflake), Summerfest and Autumn Harvest tokens, and... that Carnival thing... I think. Missed that one.
    So one-time currency is supposed to sit in your bag (and be account-bound item).

Camera issues with turrets need to be looked into. I don't mean that forceful zoom-in, but rather camera angles when using a turret. They are horrible, one can hardly see quest targets, instead boardside of the ship takes like half of the screen This is quite a bit uncomfortable and, uhm, claustrophobic (sp?). Viewpoint is too low, maybe lift camera up a bit during turret use?

Friendly Seaman Apprentices strolling between Storm Legion Marine troops... really? Looks suspicious

Using Scatter Gun made my character fall through the ship.

Also strange tooltips. True? Probably WIP

Yesterday's repeatable quest [Continuing Mission Support] is now grey, lvl 30 and does not update. What's up with that?

Only a minor 'bug' found and it's just a typo

The voice that now 'whispers' in your ear says:

"Power, i can give it you you.." instead of give it to you

>>

Hmmmmm... ten minutes trying to figure out how to investigate at the shores. Am I running up and down the shorelines on various parts of the map waiting for something to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by pwnguin View Post
    Hmmmmm... ten minutes trying to figure out how to investigate at the shores. Am I running up and down the shorelines on various parts of the map waiting for something to happen?
    If you mean cargo collecting quest, boxes are all around the ship and under it at sea bottom. I thought yellow quest circle on the map shows that?..

Default World Event fixxes and more bugs

Just logged back in on pts today, seems the zoom issue on the Wreck of the endeavor has been addressed and fixxed.

Quest : Close -in support- The Vessles could use some more love in larger hit box or being able to be targetted, found it is still rather hard to complete this part of the quest.

Quest: In Her Royal Majesy's Service---spell check still needed

Quest :Emissary To The Ice Watch- Quest is still bugged, can not find the portal to use beacon, also could use a map marker for this when the quest is addressed or the rest has been put in game.

World Event Merchant has not been put in yet as well, so i am guessing <only guessing >when they are installed the Emissary to ice watch questline will be able to be completed.

Where do we take the story quests?

I go to the ship but there is only daily quests...
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Default the queen

Get both the dailies and finish them and talk to queen

Finally fired up my Defiant char on PTS just to check from the other Faction's point of view

Found two typos when you get sent to Asha Catari for "In her Majesty's Royal Service"

First one, Asha has "Hello Ascended. you do you have for me there?" as opposed to 'what do you have for me?'

Second is in the follow up quest, the 't' is missing in "Majesty"

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2555/majestyo.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast