+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Faithful86
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By McWaffles

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: BUGS & FEEDBACK - Instant Adventure - Scarwood Reach

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Default BUGS & FEEDBACK - Instant Adventure - Scarwood Reach

Faithful and Honorable Testers,

This will be the official feedback and discussion thread, now that you've had a chance to experience Instant Adventure in Scarwood Reach.

When giving feedback there's a few things YOU MUST keep in mind:
    • Stay focused and on topic as this thread will be heavily moderated
    • Be kind and peaceful to each other.
    • Eat recycled food. It's good for the environment and okay for you.

Let us know what you think, and thanks so much for testing.

I did it for an hour'ish I think. I had fun, was cool being instantly grouped up with some Defiants. The adventures themselves were cool too, I didn't notice any bugs and non of the big bosses seemed extremely difficult to handle or too OP for that level. I loved the rescue kittens one, I wanted to take them home with me. ;( But yep all seemed fine on my end.. no issues no bugs no omgwtfweretheythinking type situations. Thanks!
    Duh.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

I was out there playing with y'all for pretty much a full hour as well - incognito!

Some notes from my own experience and watching the raid chat, if you guys are interested:

1) Teleport Point into Shatterbone Canyon in awful - drops into the middle of constantly spawning mobs.

2) Teleport Point into the southern end of Howling Plateau is too near Defiant hub and too far from quest targets. Will move it up some.

3) Running up and down between Timar and Shatterbone is a bit annoying. Not sure of a good solution to that yet. Will mull it over.

4) The burnable Banners were still usable when the quest was completed.

5) Defiants need graveyards on the northern end of the map and Guardians need them on the southern end.

6) Kill Boars quest needs a Bacon reward!

7) Not really a playtest note so much as just an FYI about an open bug we already know - the health of bosses is not scaling properly. Most die WAY too fast to large groups.

8) Last - what did people think of the PA XP rate? Again, not a bug, just looking for feedback. I got about 400k PA XP for the hour I played. Did anyone play as a natural low 30s character? How did normal XP gain feel for a non-mentored character?

Tacitus, you're on the ball. I can't add anything more other than player spawn points are too far away.

The rest of it seems regular IA fare so far.

Looking forward to the remaining 3-4 zones (you're doing Scarlet Gorge?) getting the same treatment. IAs at least ensure that (at least on Faeblight) all zones get some level of action/population at any point.

I believe teleport prompts when the next quest in the same adventure chain is too far away is not working yet or is not implemented yet. We had to run from Southern Howling Plataue all the way to the very end of Shaterbane Canyon.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

More accurately, it looks like it "works" but does not prompt you. Opening up the IA window will display a "Teleport" button where it normally says "Leave".

But that option is pretty obfuscated from normal game play flow for most players, and I do not like it. I will see what I can wrangle on that point.

Ahh, okay.

1) Teleport Point into Shatterbone Canyon in awful - drops into the middle of constantly spawning mobs.
    Actually, yes. I agree with that one. Infact I began mowing them all down until I realized that that wasn't the objective of the quest. They just kept coming and coming lol.

Didn't realize about the respawn points for dying, I survived everything!
    Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    8) Last - what did people think of the PA XP rate? Again, not a bug, just looking for feedback. I got about 400k PA XP for the hour I played. Did anyone play as a natural low 30s character? How did normal XP gain feel for a non-mentored character?
    400k PA xp is a VERY meager xp reward for 1 hour of play. As a level 50 character, you're realy looking to get at a minimum 1 level every 40minutes from xp centric activities. In other words, that XP rate is just over half what's minimally needed to really make it worth people's time. This reason is essentially why IA's completely died (other than for leveling) since the release of random adventure and low level IA's, the reward wasn't worth it when most of the time you end up in low level zones, and there's NEVER a full group in Ember Isle anymore due to the lack of being able to specific queue from anywhere.

as a mentored player I felt most OP.. perhaps it is appropriate for those in that range coming up, but as mentored definitely OP, even as a rogue. Other than that everything has been covered, and really it was not plagued with bugs.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I was out there playing with y'all for pretty much a full hour as well - incognito!

Some notes from my own experience and watching the raid chat, if you guys are interested:

2) Teleport Point into the southern end of Howling Plateau is too near Defiant hub and too far from quest targets. Will move it up some.

3) Running up and down between Timar and Shatterbone is a bit annoying. Not sure of a good solution to that yet. Will mull it over.

4) The burnable Banners were still usable when the quest was completed.

5) Defiants need graveyards on the northern end of the map and Guardians need them on the southern end.

6) Kill Boars quest needs a Bacon reward!

7) Not really a playtest note so much as just an FYI about an open bug we already know - the health of bosses is not scaling properly. Most die WAY too fast to large groups.

All of the above addressed except 3 and 7. For 3, I am requesting code support to prompt players to teleport at the beginning of each quest if they are too far - something that players can already do, but the option is pretty well hidden away on the IA window. 7 is still awaiting a code fix.

For 8, I greatly bumped up the bonus modifier for PA experience in SR IA. It should be a notable difference. For those that played the other low level IA zones shortly after 1.9 released and found the PA XP too low might want to give it another spin - the PA XP for IA objectives in those zones was given a substantial multiplier in a hot fix a few weeks later in a hot fix.

This should all be in the next PTS update, whenever that is.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

As a heads up - we discovered that the newer low level IA bosses were not scaling correctly to group size.

This is fixed in the next PTS build. It means that players should no longer blitz through the SR bosses in 30 seconds.

It also means that the scaling off ALL bosses in FM/SW/SF/GW/SR will be different in 1.10. Bosses should be a little easier for smaller groups and scale up significantly in larger groups.

Next PTS build will feature updated boss abilities as well for most SR IA bosses. First and foremost, Doctor Visek will not keep you constantly stunned as you try to hit him. >.<

+ Reply to Thread