+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Faction as Fiction – Bridge the gap on PTS!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Faction as Fiction – Bridge the gap on PTS!

Hi all,

We’ve been hinting (subtly and not so subtly) that change was afoot. Well in 1.10 that change is happening in a big way.

With the death of four of the dragons much has changed in Telara. Old rivalries are questioned as new challenges arise, the greatest the Ascended have ever had to face. Destruction of the Blood Storm is now essential if this world is to ever find peace - Guardians & Defiants must unite if they are to ultimately travel to the planes and defeat them.

The powers that control Meridian and Sanctum still remain at odds and it will take time for those wounds to heal… but as Ascended the choice to work together is now yours to make outside the city walls.

In Update 1.10 players on PvE Shards will be able to team up and communicate with members of the opposite faction outside of the Tutorial. We’re always looking for ways to allow you to enjoy the many features RIFT has to offer together and this is a massive step in that direction.

So what all is becoming cross faction?

Already on PTS:
    - Open world groups/public groups
    - Cross Faction Trade
    - Looking for Dungeon Tool
    - Entering a Dungeon/Raid
    - Instant Adventure
    - Weddings!

Coming soon:
    - Chat (channels & tells including cross shard)
    - Quest sharing
    - Guilds
    - Mail
    - Friends List & Ignore
    - Chronicles
    - Group Queuing for Conquest/Warfronts

PvP Restrictions

Players on PvP Shards will only be able to participate in random dungeon groups with members of the opposite faction (besides Warfronts/Conquest obviously). You will also only be able to send tells to players of the opposite faction on shards other than your own.

If you are flagged for PvP on any shard you will only be able to group with members of your own faction – flagging for PvP while in a cross faction group will warn you that doing so will result in your removal.

We realize this is a significant shift and offers a whole new set of challenges and opportunities – ultimately we feel it’s best that you get to enjoy RIFT with as few restrictions as possible so you can focus on having fun no matter what faction you or your friends choose.

Check it out on PTS right now and keep an eye open for scheduled tests as we prepare for Update 1.10!
    Last edited by Elrar; 08-14-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hi all,

We’ve been hinting (subtly and not so subtly) that change was afoot. Well in 1.10 that change is happening in a big way.

With the death of four of the dragons much has changed in Telara. Old rivalries are questioned as new challenges arise, the greatest the Ascended have ever had to face. Destruction of the Blood Storm is now essential. If peace is ever to come to the world Guardians & Defiants must unite if they are to ultimately travel to the planes and defeat them.

The powers that control Meridian and Sanctum still remain at odds and it will take time for those wounds to heal… but as Ascended the choice to work together is now yours to make outside the city walls.

In Update 1.10 players on PvE Shards will be able to team up and communicate with members of the opposite faction outside of the Tutorial. We’re always looking for ways to allow you to enjoy the many features RIFT has to offer together and this is a massive step in that direction.

So what all is becoming cross faction?

Already on PTS:
    - Open world groups/public groups
    - Cross Faction Trade
    - Looking for Dungeon Tool
    - Entering a Dungeon/Raid
    - Instant Adventure
    - Weddings!

Coming soon:
    - Chat (channels & tells including cross shard)
    - Quest sharing
    - Guilds
    - Mail
    - Friends List & Ignore
    - Chronicles
    - Group Queuing for Conquest/Warfronts

PvP Restrictions

Players on PvP Shards will only be able to participate in random dungeon groups with members of the opposite faction (besides Warfronts/Conquest obviously). You will also only be able to send tells to players of the opposite faction on shards other than your own.

If you are flagged for PvP on any shard you will only be able to group with members of your own faction – flagging for PvP while in a cross faction group will warn you that doing so will result in your removal.

We realize this is a significant shift and offers a whole new set of challenges and opportunities – ultimately we feel it’s best that you get to enjoy RIFT with as few restrictions as possible so you can focus on having fun no matter what faction you or your friends choose.

Check it out on PTS right now and keep an eye open for scheduled tests as we prepare for Update 1.10!
    Amazing change that will help with guilds that are experiencing increased attrition in ID, but the lore-heads and others will probably hate it.

+1 from me.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

well this is... interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Keeping a thread going with half truths, ignorance, bias, and an inability to understand even the most basic elements of pvp is not going to get anything nerfed.

Ascendant

I love these changes!

cant wait to get back home and try out all the new stuff on PTS

stoopid laptop not having Rift installed on it

I don't how I feel about this :L
    I understand the underlying point, but it kinda trivializing faction based games (which I like more than single faction games).

Very interesting, from a lore point of view.. I wonder though, has the game player base grown or shrunk since installment, is it growing now or not? Is the game population decline a factor in the creation of a lore that begins the erasing of this factional divide?

We need to get this game, which, in my own opinion after 3 decades of gaming has set the bar for it's genre, into more hands out there. I'll be on there to test, BTW.. still kinda asking for barding specific gear to be in the loot boxes... still no chance of that?

Omfg i called this about a year ago!!!!

This is a very good change, IMO. One that is sorely needed and nothing negative can come of it besides some lore hound jimmies being rustled.

Am I reading this right? Defiants? In my ID raid? Defiants in my sanctum?
    Last edited by intrinsc; 08-14-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Oh my god this is awesome.

Edit: Does this mean we can do opposite faction low-level IAs? Like Silverwood on a Defiant character for example.
    Last edited by Sonoko; 08-14-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    (V)    (V)
    ミ(◕‿◕。)彡

This is good to read.

It does suck that Walshingham and Co. put in all that work to create the custom headers for faction in the Guild Recruitment forum. All that hard work is going to waste!
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Aww man. I don't want to see those pretty Guardians standing next to me.

"I just want to talk!"
    (PvP cleric Sentinel / Defiler)
    >youtube.com/user/LtStaryuck
    >PvP Alliance FB
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really love this change!

Keep up the good work Trion! ^^
    Last edited by Florz; 08-14-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Hmm, so on PvP shards we can still be a cross faction guild, how ever if I come across any guardian player in the open world, I can kill him even if he is in my guild? im confused

So in the future I could chose to play an eth and join my guardian guild? !
    Capes
    Cloaks

Thoroar - Narcissia - Ricroar - Swimella
    I'm @Icewatch, /hug me!

i like the changes a lot but a question....i can now get in meridian as guardian? or im still hostile at the guards. and can we do IA at freemarch/stonefield?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast