Closed Thread
Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree386Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS PvP Normalization Test Tuesday, 8/14 @ 4PM PDT

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ill google your yahoo View Post
    no one wants to work for anything now a days even in a video game.
    Someone give this guy a medal. He hit it spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeywunder View Post
    TL;DR about PvP Progression Being Ruined
    Psst. Read through the posts in this thread. Specifically on the page previous to the one you posted on. Daglar/Elrar/Trion have been saying repeatedly that PvP progression is NOT being removed. If this system comes in Storm Legion, PvP Progression will simply be DIFFERENT from how it is now.

Edit: Here's even an image of an announcement on the PTS about it - http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/r...rogression.jpg
    Last edited by Zengar Zombolt; 08-14-2012 at 06:41 PM.
    Sorenthaz@Faeblight
    Level 60 High Elf Mage (Guardian)

I don't think anyone wants to be given something for nothing in a video game setting such as this. We sure as heck should enjoy the progression, though.

I don't mind having to spend a lot of time and effort into something to become better. I should be able to have fun with it - look forward to it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Queezy View Post
    lolwut.

So let me get this right, grind for PVP gear so i can use it in non PVP related events.

This comment right here is most definetly signature worthy.

I really didnt know this level of ignorance actually existed.
    It was said in response to countless people trying to use the fact that their PvP gear is "worthless" if they normalize PvP gear. Specifically, they were pointing out that they like to use their PvP gear for non-PvP content such as IA, zone events and dungeons. You should read the thread before assuming.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zengar Zombolt View Post
    Psst. Read through the posts in this thread. Specifically on the page previous to the one you posted on. Daglar/Elrar/Trion have been saying repeatedly that PvP progression is NOT being removed. If this system comes in Storm Legion, PvP Progression will simply be DIFFERENT from how it is now.

Edit: Here's even an image of an announcement on the PTS about it - http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/r...rogression.jpg
    It's easy to say there will be PvP progression. But I honestly can't think of a form of pvp progression that'll be more enticing and fulfilling than the current pvp progression.

I mean if they think of a PvP progression method that seems fun, I won't be stubborn--I'll admit I was wrong.

But Trion hasn't even mentioned any possible methods OF PvP progression that differ from the current. That makes me think that they don't really know any other ways and have only just started filling in the last, most important, ingredient.

I hope it's fun if they do it. If it's not fun, I hope they don't do it.

As long as they're smart, and don't confide into the people who hate putting in effort to be grand, I think it'll be alright.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeywunder View Post
    But I honestly can't think of a form of pvp progression that'll be more enticing and fulfilling than the current pvp progression.
    PvP gear and progression at its current state is not particularly interesting. All of it is simply boosting stats one piece at a time. They could take a few hints from PvE gear progression to include interesting procs or ability booss and cooldown reductions.

We are at the beginning of the testing process. Don't fear or balk at the changes, make your suggestions and preference heard. How do you think the PvP gear progression could be improved (or if not improved, at least preserved)?

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    For the first implementation of it, I thought it was a lot of fun. They definitely need to remove the procs and such and I believe damage should be upped a bit although nothing like it is on live.
    Wait you mean when not everything was implemented?

When everything was implemented it was horrid at best imo. It was SOOOO slow, nothing died unless focused by like 3+ players.

I agree with the procs and pve items, they need to go asap.

Overall, needs lots of work. I just got bored as hell.

I'll bet I'm a lot older than you and I still think that's a stupid generalization. Just because some people don't want to spend effort on the same things you do does not make them lazy, and anybody who spends money on something like Rift for entertainment has a right to at least prefer that it be entertaining for them without having to suffer through something they didn't want to pay for. Your comment is like saying I should be willing to mash the buttons on my remote for a few weeks before the cable TV programs I paid for actually show up on my TV.

Maybe Rift isn't the game for people like that, but that just means they should maybe pick another game and not that they're lazy. I'll bet that tons of people who prefer gear normalization are still willing to work hard to become good at their spec.

Like I said ... stupid comment.

I think this is a very good change, it will bring more players to the PvP front.

I hardly do any PvP, mainly because I'm a healer and rank 6. That basicly means that in a WF I get marked pretty fast and then high geared players just one shoot me.
    There are absolutely no fun in that.

So this "normalizing" will even the gap between new PvP'ers and veteran PvP'ers and at the same time make it more skill depended.

Today in PvP a fresh PvP'er most likely will quit after a few WS. In PvE on the other hand, a player can work through the tiers. So a fresh L50 can still do dungeons -> exp.dungeosn -> raid T1/master -> raid T2 ....

As a low rank PvP player, I feel like I'm a fresh L50 PvE player jumping directly into a T2 raid.... which isent any fun at all, unless you like beeing carried by other players

So I'm in for these changes and I think it will bring a lot of more players to the PvP front
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ........... Whatever ..............

Quote Originally Posted by Grimt View Post
    and anybody who spends money on something like Rift for entertainment has a right to at least prefer that it be entertaining for them without having to suffer through something they didn't want to pay for.
    NO this is the kind of BS that ruins games - Rift is Rift - if you dont like it dont pay and go play something else. Dont ask them to change to the game into something the majority of the rest of us DONT WANT just so the game makes you happy.

Its a big market - if you want PVP normalization there are loads of games that offer that - go play those.

What I think Trion should start doing is what Verant used to do when they ran EQ. Survey your actual players - not the people on the boards - actual players. For 1 week whenever anyone logs on who has a lvl 50 character poll them.... do you want PvP normalization? or w/e

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    What I think Trion should start doing is what Verant used to do when they ran EQ. Survey your actual players - not the people on the boards - actual players. For 1 week whenever anyone logs on who has a lvl 50 character poll them.... do you want PvP normalization? or w/e
    That opens it up to a flood of knee-jerk reactions because people are rushed to get to their game. They go with their first instinct, without reading what the Dev suggestion actually means to them, and would probably skew the data far away from what it would be if they educated themselves on the forums and worked past differences.

Rift is Rift is a collection of the best that other MMOs has to offer -- this is Trion's actual design mission for the game.
    So why shouldn't it offer stat normalization in a few game-modes, if they know (for a fact) that there's a large market of players who prefer that? Who really don't give a damn about gear differences between 2 Prestige Ranks but want the game to be fun and fair through-and-through?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post

Its a big market - if you want PVP normalization there are loads of games that offer that - go play those.
    Heh im sure Trion is hoping to keep a few GW2 players that are all hard for the idea of the way they are handling normalization.

Cannot wait. As a gamer that played games which were skill based and not gear based for over 3 decades this being my first PVP game which is not about skill but gear is interesting. Its not about competition its about pwning noobs, duh.

To those against this for open world purposes, I am guessing Trion will keep making gear which can be used there and in the warfronts, difference being in the warfront the low level you ganked in the open world may kick your behind because he has more skill. Deal with it and know on equal ground you lose. Learn to be better.

Also, generally speaking all the time you spent on the maps and with your classes should afford you an advantage as you should know the choke points, what folks normal reactions are when x event happens etc. as well as what spec works in which situations. If thats not enough of an edge then you are not a PVP'er.

What I find most telling in this thread is the some of the most vocal individuals against normalization are also some of the most vocal about class parity, not all mind you but a large chunk. Makes me wonder if their complaints about class parity are more about keeping the "edge", which they are so vehemently arguing for by being against normalization of gear, over other classes. Makes one wonder what their true motives are in other sections of the forum.
    Last edited by Tufelhunden; 08-14-2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Because it was the run on from heck

The little bit I got to see on the PTS today during the test, I liked. I wasn't able to play long enough to identify bugs or genuine issues so no comment there but the general idea of what Trion is attempting to do is definitely something I can get on board with, I hope they continue working on this.

I started playing PVP for fun.. and one of the fun parts about it for me is that you can't ever to a full extend expect what the other person is going to do. In dungeons, raids and so forth you have strategies, tactics based on a mob's abilities of which you know are going to happen. PVP is different, it can be very entertaining. I learned long ago to just "deal" with the fact that regardless of your skills and reactives, a R50 can sneeze on you and you die especially when you're still low in ranks yourself. I told myself it's part of PVP. However, it seems that Trion is making a genuine attempt to close that gap and make PVP more enjoyable and I'm all for that. I realize there will be people complaining because they can't "One-shot a player after grinding R50 gear for weeks/months/2 conquest days" but honestly? Too bad. If you're only into PVP to be some epic hot shot who facerolls over other players with minimal effort then seriously, your loss. In ANY game/mmo the developers always reserve the right to make any changes to the game they see fit. Common sense should tell you the same. If you have been mass grinding R50 gear then that's a choice you made, deal with it but don't become so self entitled to compensation. Those who are playing PVP because they have genuine interest in how their skill/experience/ability to react quickly etc. does when they're up against another non-scripted genuine player, won't mind these adjustments that Trion is considering. Those who PVP for the sake of PVE armor, bragging rights or who just want to run around hitting random abilities on their bar to kill others.. welcome to your cold shower.

Keep it up is my vote.
    Duh.

It amount of players here that do not want a fair, even and balance fight is staggering.

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast