+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: New Level 50 PvP Gear

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    I've been in rift a minute or two to know what progression means. I'm also drunk as hell, nothing new, and probably read your post wrong. My post still holds truth and is the reason why there are so many problems. Players should not be able to play one form of content and have BiS gear for every content, its bad design. PvP needs relic gear and more challenging ways to earn it.
    That's pretty much the point I was trying to convey. PvP gear should not give people this big an advantage in PvE over people who are only doing PvE. PvE gear should not give people this big an advantage in PvP over people who only PvP.

Trion says they don't mind gear from different sources being used to some extent, but this is ridiculous. People spent months trying to get the akylios gun and the pvp gun which requires relatively little time and effort is plain better, and it's going to take more months and more effort for every rogue in a guild to get a gun from ID to even it out, and until those people who did PvP have a huge advantage.

And it's only a matter of time before a lot of people who raid go into WFs with their ID relic weapons and create an imbalance there as well.

This is a problem that goes both ways and should have been fixed, but trion seems content with it as they haven't done much about it in the past 6 months. At least the difference between T2 raid/R40 gear and T3 raid/R50 gear is really small compared to how far ahead T2 raid/R8 gear were ahead of the previous gear, so the impact will be smaller than it was then.
    Last edited by Cammyle; 06-19-2012 at 12:47 PM.

You know what gets me. People that want gear completely gone from pvp, why? They say even playing ground where only skill matters. I say skill is not limited to only gearless based pvp, I think for most of them, they are not willing to or are unable to dedicate the time to progression based pvp. Even with progression based pvp the has gear, it is only a factor. Skill exists on doing what it takes to help your team win, people seem to be caught up with 1v1 scaling and are angry that they cannot beat everyone 1v1. I also find that most of the ones calling for gearless pvp are a bit more selfish in their demands than they make it out to be, most would not complain if they were given top tier pvp gear, but aside from that, think of the TOTAL reconfiguration it would take. PvP would not survive it and it would strip players of gear they've already earned and there are still some raiders that do still use pvp gear in raids and taking it away would force them out of their spots.

PvPers calling for gearless pvp need to take a step back and look around, their idea will only shoot pvp in the foot.

Rift Disciple

i love the pvper's and all their crying about ID weapons when only a few guilds have even gotten access to them and then to see the MORON comparing relic ID weapons HAHAHAHA there is what a couple guilds to full clear ID i know No Quarter did it 2 weeks ago as world first but come on people i decided to lvl my PvP ranking this past weekend and got 258,000+ favor and 5 ranks in 3 days of pvp'ing in the bonus WF at that right you can hit 50 in under a week extremely easy. Hell, even the failures that afk can hit R50 in under 7 days and have ID level weapons............ I know i will have a R50 weapons in under the 7 days. Hate the idea but hey might as well do what everyone else will do

OP is rank 10 in pvp most like. Nothing to see here. /lockthread

Quote Originally Posted by Cammyle View Post
    The solution seems fairly simple to me as well, all they have to do is make PvP gear less powerful in PvE, and make PvE gear less powerful in PvP. This way the proportionate advantages to both sides will be gone, the game will be cleaned up and much more enjoyable.
    That's a pretty good assessment of things, and i like your solution.

But here's the real question, how will you do all that B.S. you just said without screwing over already established and fundamental systems in the game?

World hunger, people are starving, Solution = get more food! WE ARE NOW WINNING!

Other guy says: "How do we get more food?"

STOP RUINING MY MOMENT!!
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post

The new weapons/armor are very much ID quality, and not only ID quality, but in an area of ID that only a handful of guilds have made it to. I believe on Faeblight guardian side, there are 1 or 2 at the most. This is months after ID has released. These teams have put in a lot of time and effort to progress, with little rewards.
    Actually, a good number of guardian guilds are 4/9 in Infernal dawn.
    Many of the individuals also have ID weaponry inclding myself, as well as ID gear.
    It also easy to obtain the gear through your dailies which helps due to their high cost.

Furthermore, the r50 weaponry and gear are clearly inferior to that of ID weaponry and gear.
    You gain no base stat increase, and only more valor and some more endurance.
    Weapons provide a slight base increase, and they are still lesser than the ID epics that can be crafted.

On the other hand, in a warfront you dont even have to fight if you dont want to. I know of several people that afk'd there way to 40. With all of the bonuses to favor and prestige, there will be many level 50 pvp'ers after a week with the newest weapons. Also this will be done solo, where the "raiders" require a full raid to progress at all.
    Warfronts involve 10 to 20 people.
    You can queue solo, but you cannot solo a warfront.
    Yes you can be carried, but you can be carried in raids as well.
    The difficulty is subjective, and some find raiding very easy.

Also, by adding hit to these weapons you have taken away any detriment they used to have for being used in PvE. HK was bad enough requiring PvE'ers to grind PvP gear to become effective, but this is going to be far worse. I didnt see that you were adding valor and vengeance to PvE weapons. So you are removing the detriment to one set of gear but not the other.
    This is entirely false, and it is obvious you did not raid in HK before the PvP weapons were nerfed.
    The detriment of hit/focus prevent PvP weapons from being better than their HK epic counterparts.
    The lack of hit/focus meant you lose out on valuable runes that augments your health and damage capability.
    So no, you never needed them to be competitive, they were just nice to have.

The current r50 epics do not compare at all to ID epics. It is clear you have not been on PTS to look at their stats, or you do not raid and so do not have any weaponry to do an accurate comparison.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fryday View Post
    OP is rank 10 in pvp most like. Nothing to see here. /lockthread
    Nice try, but if you would have actually read the thread you would know i have 2 chars 36+ and another 30+.

Like everyone else, I can get the PvP gear easy enough -- but I would prefer a challenge.

Nice try, but if you would have actually read the thread you would know i have 2 chars 36+ and another 30+.

Like everyone else, I can get the PvP gear easy enough -- but I would prefer a challenge.
    Did you even test the R50 gear? Because i tested it and to be honest it sucks compared to HK/ROTP best in slot epics and relics. I would post a video to show the dps difference but don't feel like wasting my time. Let me tell you you are totally wrong and you just agree with me since you obvious have no proof to back it up. Bye.

How is it that Trion continually improves the PvP vs PvE gear scenario for everyone (slowly and carefully as it should be) yet with each good step there is an increased amount of complaining? Mid-July for an ID weapon doesn't seem all that advantageous to me. Have you seen the stats on the PvP weapons? We are talking low end of the weapon spectrum for PvE, ID level weapons. Remember HK? PvP weapons were actually a step above statwise, and dont forget the synergy crystals were very OP back then. Don't even talk about armor upgrades either, because their aren't any. Fact is, the gear situation is improving, and I'm sure Trion isn't done, they are doing their best to satisfy as many as they can, and it takes time. Can we please have this thread closed, there are too many of them.

why would i read a thread that vomits the same complaining of countless other threads.
    every pvp game that's tried more complex pvp gear progression turns pvp into pve.

Quote Originally Posted by hossman1 View Post
    i love the pvper's and all their crying about ID weapons when only a few guilds have even gotten access to them and then to see the MORON comparing relic ID weapons HAHAHAHA there is what a couple guilds to full clear ID i know No Quarter did it 2 weeks ago as world first but come on people i decided to lvl my PvP ranking this past weekend and got 258,000+ favor and 5 ranks in 3 days of pvp'ing in the bonus WF at that right you can hit 50 in under a week extremely easy. Hell, even the failures that afk can hit R50 in under 7 days and have ID level weapons............ I know i will have a R50 weapons in under the 7 days. Hate the idea but hey might as well do what everyone else will do
    Thats cute, you calling me a moron. If you read my post you'd clearly see that I said relic ID weapons are not a problem now but will be once ID becomes farmable. I HIGHLY doubt you'll go from rank 1-50 in 7 days so lets not go there because you are just full of it. The point to my post was not that I do not think that relic gear should be removed from pvp, or that relic gear is not well deserved, hell I'm considering going back to raiding. What I am saying is that PvP gear NEEDS to be best in slot for PvP. Raid relic gear in general+synergy crystals are a HUGE imbalance to PvP, the sheer stats of gear is outrageous, Raid core stats on gear continually progress higher and high allowing them to do far more damage and healing while PvP gear stats are going to a lateral progression. It doesn't matter what, or why thing were the way they were, there are HUGE imbalances now and it NEEDS to change.

PvPers NEED better stats for gear or Relic gear to make their gear BiS for PvP, deny it all you want, but raid gear is hurting pvp badly and dedicated pvpers are getting VERY tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trypto View Post
    How is it that Trion continually improves the PvP vs PvE gear scenario for everyone (slowly and carefully as it should be) yet with each good step there is an increased amount of complaining? Mid-July for an ID weapon doesn't seem all that advantageous to me. Have you seen the stats on the PvP weapons? We are talking low end of the weapon spectrum for PvE, ID level weapons. Remember HK? PvP weapons were actually a step above statwise, and dont forget the synergy crystals were very OP back then. Don't even talk about armor upgrades either, because their aren't any. Fact is, the gear situation is improving, and I'm sure Trion isn't done, they are doing their best to satisfy as many as they can, and it takes time. Can we please have this thread closed, there are too many of them.
    Ah yes, the HK crying, I remeber that. PvP gear was good towards the start of HK and raiders got pissed because they weren't top dogs for like a couple of weeks. PvP gear got a nerfs, that was not needed, then all the raiders got full HK gear then realized pvp gear didn't even need a nerf because RAID GEAR WAS BIS FOR RAIDS. The PvP gear was only on par with the HK epic gear but the Relic gear blew PvP gear out of the water and on top of the, add a synergy crystal and pvp gear was just stupid to take in to raids. So now pvp gear suffers because of an un needed cry for nerfs.

If you really don't want pvp gear in raids then you should look at the other spectrum, most pvpers don't want pve gear in pvp. It's dumb that people act this way at all, gear should be able to go into the opposing content and allow them to be decent and good with skill, right now Raid gear is king in pvp and pvp gear is just plain lack luster in all content.

I am sure this has been discussed ad infinitum, but I think its important enough to bring up again. Please, Trion, rethink the quality of the new level 50 PvP gear. Equivalent gear should have equivalent affect to player performance.

Think first about how PvP'ers must obtain their gear -- They get to go into a warfront, about 100 times a week while ranking, die hundreds of times, try to kill the R40s who are like minor bosses while they work their way forward. In current content, this process requires 20 random people working together for 20 minutes. There is massive turnover amongst the PvP guilds, so new people need to be reeducated all the time. This is one reason why many PvP guilds are still farming warfronts nearly a year after they were released.

Contrast this to PvE, and especially Raids. You don't have to start fresh everytime new content is released, you just have to farm the new gear. You get daily quests from dungeons, half the week there is enough time to farm HK relics, there are daily and weekly lockouts, and there are innumerable raids and instances that they can farm while those are locked out.

The new weapons/armor are not ID quality, and not only are they not ID quality, but in an area of ID that only a handful of guilds have made it to there are even better weapons called relics. I believe on Faeblight guardian side, there are 1 or 2 at the most. This is months after ID has released. These teams have put in a lot of time and effort to progress, with huge rewards, which will only increase as ID goes on farm.

On the other hand, in a raid you dont even have to fight if you dont want to. I know of several guilds that are good enough to carry people to ID. With all of the bonuses to raiding, there will be many level 50 pvp'ers after a few weeks with the newest relic weapons. Also this will be done grouped, where the "PvP'ers" require a full raid of incompetent idiotic players who couldn't listen to a raid leader if they tried.

Also, by adding hit to these weapons you have taken away any advantage PvE weapons used to have for being used in PvP. HK was bad enough requiring PvP'ers to grind PvE gear to become effective, but this is going to be far worse. I did see that you still had valor and vengeance on PvP weapons. So you still have the detriment to one set of gear but not the other.

Currently, PvE gear isn't well balanced. Because of the ease to obtain these items, PvP gear should be set at current content - 1, in this case ID. And thats where it is, most of the weapons are far superior to R50 PvP weapons, A tier of gear which hasn't even been released yet, while raiders have been in ID for months.

Please either rethink the quality of these level 50 upgrades or make them extremely difficult to obtain. They should not be better to gear from PvP content that hasn't even been released yet. Think in terms of total man hours raiders have had to clear current content and regear a whole raid and make that # of hours to acquire rank 50 gear less than what is currently required for this new PvP gear to be obtained. Also, with the PvE gear being BiS for PvP (even on PvP servers), you are forcing PvE on people. I was on Seastone for a few months, and its not fun to be outgunned by PvE'ers 6-1 (easily) and try to accomplish anything. You are just opening the door for griefers, etc.

Please do not trivialize the accomplishments of the PvP populace.
    It was tough, but.

Fixed that for you.
    Quesox@seastone
    Formerly Pillpopper@Seastone, Pillpopper@Derpstrike, Queso@Dayblind, Sunrest, Harrow.
    \_/<----see this? this is my care cup, notice how its empty.
    I tend to have very few posts because I find arguing with trolls is difficult because they tend to bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    For the love of god.
    God can't save you now!
    Even free cost too much now

Champion of Telara

I am sure this has been discussed ad infinitum, but I think its important enough to bring up again. Please, Trion, rethink the quality of the new level 50 PvP gear. Equivalent gear should have an equivalent difficulty to obtain.

Think first about how PvE raiders must obtain their gear -- They get to go into a dungeon, mostly 3 times a week while progressing, wipe incessantly, kill the minor bosses for some loot upgrades and work their way forward. In new content, this process requires 20 people working together for months. There is massive turnover amongst the guilds, so new people need to be reeducated all the time. This is one reason why many ID guilds are still farming the upper floor of HK nearly a year after it was released.

Contrast this to PvP, and especially warfronts. You don't have to start fresh everytime new content is released, you just have to grind the new levels. You get daily quests for prestige and favor, half the week there is a warfront that is double exp and prestige, there are no daily or weekly lockouts, and there are innumerable potions/vials that increase prestige/favor/exp.

The new weapons/armor are very much ID quality, and not only ID quality, but in an area of ID that only a handful of guilds have made it to. I believe on Faeblight guardian side, there are 1 or 2 at the most. This is months after ID has released. These teams have put in a lot of time and effort to progress, with little rewards.

On the other hand, in a warfront you dont even have to fight if you dont want to. I know of several people that afk'd there way to 40. With all of the bonuses to favor and prestige, there will be many level 50 pvp'ers after a week with the newest weapons. Also this will be done solo, where the "raiders" require a full raid to progress at all.

Also, by adding hit to these weapons you have taken away any detriment they used to have for being used in PvE. HK was bad enough requiring PvE'ers to grind PvP gear to become effective, but this is going to be far worse. I didnt see that you were adding valor and vengeance to PvE weapons. So you are removing the detriment to one set of gear but not the other.

Currently, PvP gear is well balanced. Because of the ease to obtain these items, they should be set at current content - 1, in this case HK. And thats where it is, most of the weapons are upper floor HK drops, A place where raiders are still farming for upgrades to make their ID raids successful.

Please either rethink the quality of these level 50 upgrades or make them extremely difficult to obtain. They should not be equivalent to gear from current PvE content that only a handful of guilds have a chance of obtaining. Think in terms of total man hours required to clear current content and regear a whole raid and make that # of hours what is required for this new PvP gear to be obtained. Also, with the daily gathering PvP quests flagging you for PvP (even on PvE) servers, you are forcing PvP on people. I was on Sunrest until the end, and its not fun to be outnumbered by defiants 6-1 (easily) and try to accomplish anything. You are just opening the door for griefers, etc.

Please do not trivialize the accomplishments of the PvE populace.
    I find that it's more important for people like you to stop ruining this game for everybody else just because you can't cut it in PVE or haven't found a guild to carry you to ID gear yet. Already bad enough that PVE gear is and will still be BIS for PVP and now you want PVP gear to be nerfed more? Gotta be either a troll or some spoiled little brat.
    Last edited by Noctisx; 06-19-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    In before... "This thread (aka forum) is being locked because it's filled with hypocrisy, idiocy, made up numbers and lack of any sort of constructive posts"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast