+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
Like Tree7Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ironhide

  1. #1
    Champion Lonyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    505

    Default Ironhide

    The drop rate for Ironhide has now become ridiculus.

    Was farming for one hour for 2 days running 4 ironhide first day 3 ironhide second day.

    If you want people to do daily crafting quests why cut the drop rate to about 1% chance

    More chance of devs looking at this site so can this be looked at for next patch at least.
    Last edited by Lonyn; 06-16-2012 at 01:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,254

    Default

    Because he is more than meets the eye.

  3. #3
    Telaran Sethantes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    65

    Default

    I do find ironhide to be the most challenging crafting item that I farm. I end up with so many soulhides, but that is ok. The drop rate I think is about 5%, not sure but definitely less than 10%. There are other stuff that I want to craft with this besides the dailies, so yea, I spend lots of time just farming these.

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara Kadeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    862

    Default

    I agree, the drop rate is horrible. Two days trying to farm them (6-7 hours a day) and only 7 ironhides to show for it. That's an average of 1 hide every two hours, not good and not fun at all, but recipes and a quest demands I get 20 or so (10 for the quest alone). I could see it being a 1 in 5 or 10 drop, but this is ridiculous.

  5. #5
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    I agree, the drop rate is horrible. Two days trying to farm them (6-7 hours a day) and only 7 ironhides to show for it. That's an average of 1 hide every two hours, not good and not fun at all, but recipes and a quest demands I get 20 or so (10 for the quest alone). I could see it being a 1 in 5 or 10 drop, but this is ridiculous.
    You're either killing them very slowly, trying to farm in a sparsely populated area, farming the wrong mobs, or are simply exaggerating as many people tend to do when asking for changes.

    I've vendored stacks of iron hide. They don't make anything useful outside of the weekly plaque quest and the 20 hour CD.

    At least the bones I can make pots and dyes with. Ironhide is just the unwanted stepchild of stuff you can skin off a mob. Rarely useful, largely ignored.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  6. #6
    Ascendant Shattered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    You're either killing them very slowly, trying to farm in a sparsely populated area, farming the wrong mobs, or are simply exaggerating as many people tend to do when asking for changes.

    I've vendored stacks of iron hide. They don't make anything useful outside of the weekly plaque quest and the 20 hour CD.

    At least the bones I can make pots and dyes with. Ironhide is just the unwanted stepchild of stuff you can skin off a mob. Rarely useful, largely ignored.
    And I am sure you can speak only for yourself with regards Iron Hide. If you have no use for it (surely you cheat yourself out of an AH fortune by vendoring them), that may be why you don't notice how few you get. Crafters that need them notice.
    Please revert the 2.8 AH fee change
    and compensate Faeblight for the 24hr rollback
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara Kadeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    862

    Default

    I would not call Ember Isle the wrong place to farm them. I was doing shamblers and wolves day one, crocs, pigs and cats day 2. No I am not slow killing things, maybe one or two spells more than in Shimmersand is all. And no I am not exaggerating as my goal is 20 ironhides, 10 for the quest and 10 for a week of crafting. I don't work (disabled/retired), no kids at home, just a small farm and a couple of dogs so, I do have the hours to play, and since I'm trying to build my toons to their max potential, I play alot. Just so happens my 50 mage needs to finish his outfitter and butchering skills.

    As for soulhides, I ended up with 353 of them to my 7 ironhides.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched austlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    262

    Default

    I have to agree with the op. It does seem like the drop rate is just way too low now. I have more soulhide than I know what to do with.

  9. #9
    Telaran misticalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    93

    Default

    I recently stopped farming for anymore Ironhide, as has already been pointed out the drop rate is incredibly too low. I had farmed the area behind Chancel of Labors for a little over an hour a few weeks ago and stopped when I reached 16 of them for the quest. I also ended up with somewhere over 450 Soulhide. It was not worth it and the only daily quest maybe worth completing is the one where it requires 8 Ironhide.

    I'm glad the crafting dailies will use less of them in 1.9 or different overall, but the drop rate should still be looked at for Ironhide.

    CRAFTING
    * The Crafting Daily quests for 300 skill have been updated!
    - Adjusted material costs for the 300 skill-level Crafting Daily quests. In general, they've been reduced. Material requirements now have more variety and variance between different quests.

    RiftScene.com - The Only RiftNerd Fansite You Need

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    You guz know the pvp quest for stillmoor where you have to kill the hounds... one of the best places to farm.

    Run around the outer edge and just keep pulling the dogz, even better on quest dayz cause most people with out butchering just leave the bodies I just run around looting them lol :P

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Does nobody else just stock up on these on bat day anymore? EI, seems to me, is just about the worst possible place to farm iron hide. I'm pretty sure bat day is by far still the best farm spot for soulhide/ironhide.

  12. #12
    Rift Master Merridwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Does nobody else just stock up on these on bat day anymore? EI, seems to me, is just about the worst possible place to farm iron hide. I'm pretty sure bat day is by far still the best farm spot for soulhide/ironhide.
    Absolutely the best place for it. I only go to farm soulhide for runebreaking, but the ironhide drop rate is good. Maybe 20-30%.

  13. #13
    Telaran Sethantes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merridwyn View Post
    Absolutely the best place for it. I only go to farm soulhide for runebreaking, but the ironhide drop rate is good. Maybe 20-30%.
    My latest farming at IPP on bat day shows 5.6% drop rate on ironhide, from a total of 1100+ items farmed over two sessions.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethantes View Post
    My latest farming at IPP on bat day shows 5.6% drop rate on ironhide, from a total of 1100+ items farmed over two sessions.
    Yeah, except that you get it 9 at a time, pretty much every minute . . . so 1100 should only take you about 2 to 2 and a half hours. They are so weak you can aoe them down in about 5-7 seconds, butcher them all in 20, and that leaves you 30 seconds at least to get to the next group and collect them up. Even if you are fairly slow it would just take 3 hours. 3 hours for 60 iron hide (and 1040 soul hide) doesn't seem too bad really . . . try to get 60 brilliant and lightsbane diamonds for making powerstones and see how long that takes.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethantes View Post
    My latest farming at IPP on bat day shows 5.6% drop rate on ironhide, from a total of 1100+ items farmed over two sessions.
    That's bad, especially compared to the droprate of Witchweave.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts