+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: inb4

Mei

Default inb4

Trion deciding to revert the addition of hit on PvP weapons because of their precious PvEers QQing...
    Last edited by Mei; 06-08-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Fluent

I think the PvP community would riot. Trion, this would mess up my raid progression on Meridian. I used "raid progression" we're safe.
    Last edited by Plastique; 06-08-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Farewell, Rift! Perhaps we'll meet again.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

No current plans to remove it. I did ask it to be scaled back by a tier however.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    No current plans to remove it. I did ask it to be scaled back by a tier however.

~Daglar
    Why? What reason would there be to have the R50 PvP weapons be two tiers below their ID equivalents? Raiders aren't the only playerbase that you have, and the constant pandering to them is getting old.

If R50 PvP weapons are only going to have +38 Hit/Focus on them, then it is high time you Devs gave PvE gear its Vengeance equivalent. PvE weapons are still going to be better for PvP, than PvP weapons if they are going to be given such low amounts of Hit.

~Daglar
    Not exactly what I was hoping to hear but at even two tiers behind ill take what I can get, should still be enough with runes to hit our targets reliably. Though I will admit I agree with Shiva its a penalty to already be a tier behind why are you making it 2 tiers behind if you don't mind us asking?
    Last edited by Xillean; 06-08-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Soulwalker

Unlike a lot of raid mobs, players have quite a lot of tools to make themselves harder to hit, and you can bet your life that they will do so in PvP. We NEED that hit to help get around these obstacles, otherwise PvE weapons end up being superior, and defeat the whole purpose of PvP weapons in the first place. My max rank axe (as of 1.8) has been collecting dust for quite a long time now. Having it 1 tier back is not too bad, it's not like the weapon can be obtained that quickly (lots of favour/prestige grinding absolutely required, and not everyone can get into a raiding guild). Having PvP weapons 2 tiers back... I'll just stick to the PvE ones, and focus on getting a better PvE one as well if that happens.
    Last edited by JDavidC; 06-08-2012 at 01:45 PM.

The addition of hit/focus was not to make it so you can use PVP weapons in PVE content. It was to help you hit in PVP. PVP weapons are for PVP!!!! Stop complaining that you cannot use them in ID. That is not what they are intended for. If you wish to use a weapon in ID then get a PVE weapon!
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

Ascendant

~Daglar
    From what they currently had, so 2 tiers below equivalent PvE level? Not too surprised, 1 tier back amount of Hit can still be easily used in raids (100 hit is HK weapons after all, guess what raiders use in ID?), 2 tiers back would make it require more of an investment.

Rift Disciple

Do you guys realize how much hit you even need in pvp... what % avoidance do you think players have that you would possibly justify needing more than 100-200 hit in pvp.

With 100-200 hit you will be able to go through anything except for a cooldown ability (which you shouldn't be able to negate anyways) or a full tank spec main avoidance stat like war/cleric block and rogue deflect which self buffed is only about 50-60% for most players in full pve gear.

So 2 tiers behind is still PLENTY of hit/focus to hit 95% of the time in pvp situations.

My real concern is pvp pa passives like the rogues "whenever you dodge, parry, or resist a players ability you have x% chance to gain %ap" will be UTTERLY POINTLESS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hijati View Post
    The addition of hit/focus was not to make it so you can use PVP weapons in PVE content. It was to help you hit in PVP. PVP weapons are for PVP!!!! Stop complaining that you cannot use them in ID. That is not what they are intended for. If you wish to use a weapon in ID then get a PVE weapon!
    And actual PvP players don't want to use them to raid ID. We know PvP weapons are for PvP, but even with R50 weapons having +38 Hit added to them, still makes them worse than PvE weapons in PvP.

This isn't a complaint about not being able to use them in ID. If I want weapons to use in ID, I'll just craft a pair of +65 Hit axes and be done with it. Not that I'd actually need to, because I already have raid weapons, and you know why? Because I have to raid to be competitive in PvP, because PVP weapons are complete junk.

With the changes on the PTS to the R50 weapons, PvE raid weapons, and crafted weapons are better than PvP weapons, and that is stupid.

I thought when 1.9 went live I'd finally be able to bring my two PvP shivs out of retirement, but I guess I was wrong. It will still be PvE weapons all the way.

~Daglar
    I'm disappointed, but I'm not surprised.

Whatever happened to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VULIG7JMisE

@1:32 ?
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

~Daglar
    Sigh..............
    Even free cost too much now

~Daglar
    Give us enough to damage Merdian / Sanctum guards. I'm really tired of engaging PvP Objectives practically naked. HK Gear does great against Asha but melts like cloth to a stacked PR 40.

PUT IT ON THE SYNERGY CRYSTALS
    encaps
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Trion deciding to revert the addition of hit on PvP weapons because of their precious PvEers QQing...
    With as simple of a decision it is to just, simply add a stat to items, I would assume they were quite certain about it. It obviously didn't take them this long to add hit to gear, it took them this long to decide putting hit on the pvp gear was the best option they can easily manage/do.

My inb4 is betting that with level 60 +hit/focus is no longer the required progressive stat to make it through raids. I bet you will need a different stat and hit will possibly remain a pvp (and maybe also pve stat in still significantly higher levels than pvp gear offers) stat. Although with that in mind, I feel like they should have just left stuff the way it was and given players 100% hit rates in pvp. The practical result of everyone having 150 hit/focus at top rank pretty much is 100% pvp hit rates. Could have cut the middle man and left it an exclusive stat. Meh, tons of ways it could have been done. Still banking on the new stat coming with level 60 used in raid progression. That is far easier...after all, cap raises are sort of gear/progression resets. Perfect time to put a new stat in is on gear 10 levels ahead of what is soon going to be the now 'level 40'. That would be quite soe like ;x sup crit mit.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast