+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: inb4

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind View Post
    This way

No PvP content whatsoever, and...

-Achieve greatness with 7 new dungeons, 3 raids, a Chronicle, and more!

It's spelled PEA VEA EEEEE. Hey you asked and I merely pointed.
    I asked where they said it, the game has PvP content, it is getting more PvP content in 1.9, so try again, where does it state it is just a PvE game? I can't seem to find it in the about the game section.

This way

No PvP content whatsoever, and...

-Achieve greatness with 7 new dungeons, 3 raids, a Chronicle, and more!

It's spelled PEA VEA EEEEE. Hey you asked and I merely pointed.
    This is the first step in bringing out info from the Expac, do you honestly think that is everything they are going to offer? Chances are PvP in the Expac will be greatly changed and improved. Your one of those closed minded fools that don't realize your only hurting the total number of players by treating pvprs like second class players in rift. If the devs think like you the population of this game will simply keep dropping and history will repeat itself in the expac, I really hope not but the fact that pvprs are getting the shaft is another reason the population of this game is suffering and if you do not care then you are just a bad player and not a true supporter of balance or the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Now you're just being silly and making things up. Also you're stuck on how thinks are and not how they can be improved.
    Not stuck. I've accepted it. And I'm all for improvement. However, how long have we been hoping? Let's see, how long has it been since Rift launched?
    Last edited by Steelwind; 06-10-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    This is the first step in bringing out info from the Expac, do you honestly think that is everything they are going to offer? Chances are PvP in the Expac will be greatly changed and improved. Your one of those closed minded fools that don't realize your only hurting the total number of players by treating pvprs like second class players in rift. If the devs think like you the population of this game will simply keep dropping and history will repeat itself in the expac, I really hope not but the fact that pvprs are getting the shaft is another reason the population of this game is suffering and if you do not care then you are just a bad player and not a true supporter of balance or the game.
    I hope you're right that the expansion pack has PvP content.

And no, I'm not treating pvpers like second class. Trion is. Daglar is the one who asked to scale back PvP weapons a tier. Not me. Get your facts straight. All I'm saying is that progression for PvPers in Rift is right in front of you. Go raid HK/ID. Lol seriously. Joo can do it! =)
    Last edited by Steelwind; 06-10-2012 at 03:30 PM.

See the forest, not the trees. I use PvP shoulders/chest with resist runes in PvE for progression. More health and resist = WIN! PvP has plenty of advantages in PvE. Also, plenty of players are using their PvP weapons in HK/ID as a stop gap until they get their drops. Without these PvP weapons, players would have to resort to crafted/sliver/dungeon drops.

You're stuck on how things should be, instead of taking advantage of how things are. It's you who is to blame for this, not Trion.
    Wow, I forgot how awesome PVP weapons are. In fact they're so awesome that they're not even BiS for their own part of the game! Let me put that in your terms: You just spent six months trying to kill Maelforge..Finally! He drops the heart! You infuse your weapon with it and bam! Now you've got a relic.

Oh, but that guy who PVPs has a weapon that's 150% better than it, and you have no chance of getting one of those. But still, your weapon is kinda medicore! Grats! How do you think that feels? It's poor itemization and poor game design. The only reason you're in support of it is because it currently doesn't effect you in any way, that much is obvious by how happy you are in recognizing your support of a blatant double standard. Seriously, I thought issues like this were ironed out in civil rights protests in the 1950s--just because someone's different than you doesn't mean they ought to be treated worse.

I hope you're right that the expansion pack has PvP content.

And no, I'm not treating pvpers like second class. Trion is. Daglar is the one who asked to scale back PvP weapons a tier. Not me. Get your facts straight. All I'm saying is that progression for PvPers in Rift is right in front of you. Go raid HK/ID. Lol seriously. Joo can do it! =)
    Oh, that makes sense. To progress in PVP, you PVE! Oh wait, no that doesn't make sense.
    Remember when the PVP synergy crystals were BiS in PVE? Remember how hard people cried and remember how fast it got changed? It's totally fine for PVE to be BiS in PVP, but anything PVP BiS in PVE gets ousted. And honestly, my fellow PVPers and I don't want to be BiS in your sector of the game. We don't have this revenge-oriented brain that you possess which drives you to want to force other people to conform to your ideas if they want to succeed. We just want our stuff to be good where it matters.

Make PVP BiS in PVP.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post

Oh, but that guy who PVPs has a weapon that's 150% better than it, and you have no chance of getting one of those. But still, your weapon is kinda medicore! Grats! How do you think that feels? It's poor itemization and poor game design. The only reason you're in support of it is because it currently doesn't effect you in any way, that much is obvious by how happy you are in recognizing your support of a blatant double standard. Seriously, I thought issues like this were ironed out in civil rights protests in the 1950s--just because someone's different than you doesn't mean they ought to be treated worse.
    It's poor itemization and game design, but it's hard to compare killing Maelforge and getting one of the hearts to farming for your pvp weapon. I farmed for mine over a few hours of PS. I also balanced my checkbook, caught up on hulu, and skyped with a friend while doing it. TL;DR - PVP gear is too quickly and too easily acquired for your analogy.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Wow, I forgot how awesome PVP weapons are. In fact they're so awesome that they're not even BiS for their own part of the game! Let me put that in your terms: You just spent six months trying to kill Maelforge..Finally! He drops the heart! You infuse your weapon with it and bam! Now you've got a relic.

Oh, that makes sense. To progress in PVP, you PVE! Oh wait, no that doesn't make sense.
    Remember when the PVP synergy crystals were BiS in PVE? Remember how hard people cried and remember how fast it got changed? It's totally fine for PVE to be BiS in PVP, but anything PVP BiS in PVE gets ousted. And honestly, my fellow PVPers and I don't want to be BiS in your sector of the game. We don't have this revenge-oriented brain that you possess which drives you to want to force other people to conform to your ideas if they want to succeed. We just want our stuff to be good where it matters.

Make PVP BiS in PVP.
    Yes to progress in PvP, you PvE. Players are doing that today. You only want to PvP and not raid. I do both and I benefit more than you. Sounds right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    It's poor itemization and game design, but it's hard to compare killing Maelforge and getting one of the hearts to farming for your pvp weapon. I farmed for mine over a few hours of PS. I also balanced my checkbook, caught up on hulu, and skyped with a friend while doing it. TL;DR - PVP gear is too quickly and too easily acquired for your analogy.
    Then make it harder to earn. I have almost ten million lifetime favor earned, make the weapon cost five million favor. That'd take longer than killing Maelforge. I really don't care what the means are, neither does anyone else. Just make PVP BiS in PVP, and be done with it.

Yes to progress in PvP, you PvE. Players are doing that today. You only want to PvP and not raid. I do both and I benefit more than you. Sounds right to me.
    Exactly.

"Double standards are okay"
    - Steelwind
    ~Quiescent

Then make it harder to earn. I have almost ten million lifetime favor earned, make the weapon cost five million favor. That'd take longer than killing Maelforge. I really don't care what the means are, neither does anyone else. Just make PVP BiS in PVP, and be done with it.
    *shrug* works for me.

Prepare for botters though.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

*shrug* works for me.

Prepare for botters though.
    I'm not saying that should be the exact means, but I'm saying that there are easily multiple ways to replicate obtaining a relic in PVP. The fact that there aren't any right now shouldn't be what stops us.
    ~Quiescent

The only reason that the fights vs raid bosses is treated as more epic is because PvP has lacked that epic content. I wonder how long it takes getting gear from each content, in hours. Obtaining pvp gear may seen quick and easy but it comes with its challenges and its long grind. Raiding I do not doubt that it has its challenges, it also has its lock outs, think now if the lock out were removed, how quickly the raiders would be able to gear up.

Hard core pvprs can grind the 40 ranks in about a months time in actual hours, I'm not sure, but I'm sure the time would be about the same if Raiders did not have the lock out, and using the lock out/difficulty excuse is getting tiring.

I'm not aiming this at you, as a matter of fact I tend to see a lot of your points on previous threads, I just think that both content present their own diffculties and using the whole, "I'm a raider, my content is harder, and takes long..." Excuse is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    The only reason that the fights vs raid bosses is treated as more epic is because PvP has lacked that epic content. I wonder how long it takes getting gear from each content, in hours. Obtaining pvp gear may seen quick and easy but it comes with its challenges and its long grind. Raiding I do not doubt that it has its challenges, it also has its lock outs, think now if the lock out were removed, how quickly the raiders would be able to gear up.

Hard core pvprs can grind the 40 ranks in about a months time in actual hours, I'm not sure, but I'm sure the time would be about the same if Raiders did not have the lock out, and using the lock out/difficulty excuse is getting tiring.

I'm not aiming this at you, as a matter of fact I tend to see a lot of your points on previous threads, I just think that both content present their own diffculties and using the whole, "I'm a raider, my content is harder, and takes long..." Excuse is dumb.
    The lockout is a different vector of the argument. But really to me it comes down to a fact that you need not to succeed in pvp to progress your character in pvp. There's a lot of very good reasons for this, but it still doesn't mean I have to like it. I really approve of ELO based systems, but we don't have the population for it anymore.
    Last edited by Sebb; 06-10-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

I can farm experts for ID armor.
    I can farm T1 Raids for ID armor if it's the weekly.
    So PvE armor is stupid easy to get. So it's just the weapons that raider's want to hoard to themselves? Seems kind of selfish and silly to me.
    Even free cost too much now

So PvE armor is stupid easy to get. So it's just the weapons that raider's want to hoard to themselves? Seems kind of selfish and silly to me.
    haha yea, the thing is as soon as they get a PVE weapon they will trash the PVP weapon for the BIS in PVE and PVP.

There really should be no argument for this, PvPers need hit, it's part of the game mechanics just as pve, but you will one or two people complaining about as i guess thats there nature.

There just aren't many true pvpers left because the lack of content/balance, it all got put into the to hard basket for trion and so our voice isn't as big as the pvers.

Come find me in 6 months when you are still working on doing that. It takes 23 weeks. An entire pvp set can be farmed in 1-2.

And by that token.. Why should pvpers care? If its SOOO easy to get.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast