+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Adding Hit to PvP Gear.. Wrong thing to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Hell yeah, why do you think I started raiding haha! :P Mm... moltens and Undertow.

I hit 50 from doing warfronts. I had 0 (zero, that is less than 1) interested in doing pve. Then, I noticed I missed a lot. It sucked. I found that in my character sheet.. something called "Hit" would help with this. Funny enough, this stat was not on any of my pvp gear. So... what did I do? I made a bard spec, and became bard-B@#$# for a raid guild till I had some HK trash drops. Walla! My pvp experience was made much better. I barded HK... before having completed any dungeons other than Iron Tombs. Thankfully bards don't need any hit, or I would have been utterly useless and probably never gotten the gear I needed to pvp effectively. I'm very glad to see they are fixing this... so pvpers don't have to pve for basic chance to hit in combat.
    Quite the story, but bards do need hit to gain combo points, which are needed for finishers.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Quite the story, but bards do need hit to gain combo points, which are needed for finishers.
    So.. you're saying you've missed with Cadence? Wow... that's quite a story bro.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Sword of Telara

Instead of my just mocking you for your ignorant post Rounded, let me be proactive and helpful! There are actually 2 rogue souls that can get by with 0 hit. It has been this way since I can remember in the game.

1) Bard. Bard is nice in this way, it allows raids to bring in woefully undergeared rogues and let them contribute something to the raid while not having any hit. It was this way when I started (in Rank 8 gear) and is still thankfully the same today (Our raid just brought a P40 rogue into the raid/guild, and we had him bard in all pvp gear). 0 hit, and indeed.. he never missed a cadence in HK, got off his aoe healer finishers, motiffs, and buffs... Bard functions the best of the 2 viable souls without any hit.

2) Sabo. If you need a rogue with 0 hit to pull some dps, but they have 0 hit... rogues have had the option of sabo. It used to be that only the primary target was hit by all charge attacks without any hit, but now I think it applies to the aoe as well and all charges. There is 1 caveat here, Bombs are still affected by hit. Without high enough hit, things will dodge/parry/block bombs. Bombs being the biggest dps contributor now, sab is fairly poor dps for a rogue with 0 hit. But, it is better than not contributing.

I hope that this learning moment has helped you, and can help you with your raiding in the future. Cheers.

Sabo with 0 hit sounds annoying. Key word is most their damage doesn't need hit. Except for...the bombs that are the bread and butter of detonating charges. You'd end up blowing so many bomb GCD's on parried/dodged hits and just using detonate, effectively making detonate a 2gcd process. Carpet bombing would be hit or miss too sometimes.

But this is pretty pointless as soon enough top pvpers will be packing a minimum of 150 hit probably. Moot.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Sabo with 0 hit sounds annoying. Key word is most their damage doesn't need hit. Except for...the bombs that are the bread and butter of detonating charges. You'd end up blowing so many bomb GCD's on parried/dodged hits and just using detonate, effectively making detonate a 2gcd process. Carpet bombing would be hit or miss too sometimes.

But this is pretty pointless as soon enough top pvpers will be packing a minimum of 150 hit probably. Moot.
    Yeah, PVE wise if you're going to run Sab... you just avoid bombs all together and use detonate. And.. chemical bomb of course. For pvp though.. yeah you need hit as a Sab. I made the mistake of starting out with all pvp gear on my Sab with 1.8 for pvp... enough missed bombs and you get pissed at the wasted gcd and cds... and start stacking hit.

Laban, you're awesome. Just sayin'.

Farewell, Rift! Perhaps we'll meet again.

Shield of Telara

the smarter thing to do would be to add a new stat, that does the exact same thing as hit, but only works in pvp, just like they did with vengence....problem solved.

I Don't really mind Hit being added, however they are putting too much of it on the weapons.

One handers - 38 hit/focus

Two handers - 50 hit/focus

This would allow you to use these in pvp with a bit of hit runes, and easily be where you want to be in order to successfully hit a target in PVP.

If the changes go through and their is 100 hit on two handers, and 50 on one handers, there would be absolutely no reason to do previous tier content.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    snip
    SO what?
    With crafted gear you can skip expert dungeons including the first two 10 man's and begin RoS and GSB right away.

Why should the PvP weapons before even more inferior to the PvE counterparts?

Trion could just change the stats of ID weapons when flagged for PvP. Have them match the top PvP weapons, exactly. Problem solved, again.
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 06-08-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    the smarter thing to do would be to add a new stat, that does the exact same thing as hit, but only works in pvp, just like they did with vengence....problem solved.
    And add another broken mechanic to the game...no thanks move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Trion could just change the stats of ID weapons when flagged for PvP. Have them match the top PvP weapons, exactly. Problem solved, again.
    Or just unnerf the PvP gear/weaponry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Why would you want that? The PVE weapons are better than pvp rank 50s. If you actually pvp'ed you would know how inferior pvp weapons are to ID pve weapons. It is the same loop just pve'ers and raiders got a head start at getting gear. If they have relic HK or Id drops already they are superior to rank 50s. raiders complain about pvp weapons at first then in the end they win and pve weapons are better than pvp in everything. All those weapons are wellfare crutches to be honest..they are not bis in pvp or pve.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-08-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Champion

...there would be absolutely no reason to do previous tier content.
    If people find doing PvE content so boring and are simply doing it for non-existent "gear" in a silly computer game, they should stop playing and book an appointment with a psychiatrist.

And no 50 hit is not enough in PvP, it still puts those who wish to PvP and not do ID at too much of a disadvantage,not that it probably matters, given PvP is already moribund and GW2 will finish it off.
    Last edited by Flimble; 06-08-2012 at 04:21 PM.

I Don't really mind Hit being added, however they are putting too much of it on the weapons.

One handers - 38 hit/focus

Two handers - 50 hit/focus

This would allow you to use these in pvp with a bit of hit runes, and easily be where you want to be in order to successfully hit a target in PVP.

If the changes go through and their is 100 hit on two handers, and 50 on one handers, there would be absolutely no reason to do previous tier content.
    Of course there would still be a reason to do previous tier content. The Hit/Focus found on PvE jewelry would still be needed, and so would the PvE Helm and Gloves, which also give +Hit/Focus.

And that's just for the +Hit/Focus, to even be considered by most raid groups you are going to need a minimum of 4 pieces of PvE armour, and the 4 piece synergy crystal. Putting +Hit/Focus on PvP weapons doesn't allow people to skip earlier content. That's crafted gear that allows that, and gear that drops from raid rifts on EI.

All this freaking out about PvP weapons getting Hit/Focus added is just ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast