+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hit on pvp weapons?is trion for real?:)

Rift Chaser

i have to laugh everytime some1 talks about how pvp in rift requires strategy and coordination.
    It's 1 button!!!..Queue up!!...Hit players with red name..use skills!!get favor...repeat.
    This is rift pvp!

1st reason why you do warfronts.To get favor...you get that just by joining a warfront.
    1st Reason you do raids..for the experience and items..to make your character more better and reliable for future attempts.Well you dont get that just by clicking ..Queue up.
    Last edited by bourbon; 06-01-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Danitsia View Post
    And its still guaranteed currency regardless of skill... just queue up and you are a matched INSTANTLY with a raid for that warfront. There is no planning, no scheduling, no raid leading, no voice communication, no organization AT ALL required. PvP is a solo event.
    this says it better

Raiders don't kid yourself. I raided top end at a WW level for years before this game. Everyone who plays raiding at the top end and is good knows it is a cake walk. You are jading yourself for the forums if you think over wise. Raid mobs are not that hard once you learn them. What is hard is finding 19 other people who don't suck at learning the raid mob. Which is pretty much what makes pvp hard to win.

I won't dispute pvp gear is more promised than raid loot. But to undermine it based on some sort of difficulty scale is silly. In the end it's what you choose to spend your time doing. Honestly hybrid setups of raid loot will still be king. Relic weapons from ID will > pvp r50 weapons. At the end of the day, people who clear ID will still probably have slightly superior setups through minor hybrid with pvp gear, if they choose to pvp.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

can't you see..thats what im saying...pvpers shouldn't be ID ready..in pvp gear..
    makes no sense...and its not fair for those who went through the content and progressed the way it was meant to progress.By Pveing.

Whoever says PvP is easier then raiding..does not raid the hard content.
    Why there are only a few laethys kills?...if it was so easy...shouldn't every1 be roflstomping ID?
    Every1 can push that button..called Join...or Group Join and receive its benefits.
    And this is not WW...or whatever you meant..its Rift..bad pvp...good pve.
    Last edited by bourbon; 06-01-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Rift Chaser

ohhh and i wanted to add something else..i think every1 can agree with this..with a head on their shoulders i mean.
    The exceptional pvpers in Rift...are the pvers.
    you can go ahead and ask why..i can give you the answer.
    Last edited by bourbon; 06-01-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
    ohhh and i wanted to add something else..i think every1 can agree with this..with a head on their shoulders i mean.
    The exceptional pvpers in Rift...are the pvers.
    you can go ahead and ask why..i can give you the answer.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you sound like someone who loves to raid, tried to pvp, got humiliated, and instead is trying to forum pvp down the pvp population because they are adding hit/focus to pvp weapons.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRage View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you sound like someone who loves to raid, tried to pvp, got humiliated, and instead is trying to forum pvp down the pvp population because they are adding hit/focus to pvp weapons.
    This post is pure win

Rift Chaser

im one of the top warrior pvpers)
    after 170.000 kills i only started to do the daily 250k exp quest ...and i started raiding...and being a raider in rift in a top pve guild is way more fun.

i run a fotm warr tank rb spec...i can kill anything and i die hard (while in 1.8 i was a warr 2 hander in pvp..it was better...since 1.9 warrior with a shield and deep RB is back on top)
    whats there to be humiliated about.
    Last edited by bourbon; 06-01-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Ascendant

can't you see..thats what im saying...pvpers shouldn't be ID ready..in pvp gear..
    here lies your fundamental error: THEY ARENT READY FOR ID WITH PVP GEAR. Dont know what you are smoking but you should change it...

Rift Chaser

they're ready since theres hit on pvp weapons with max dps,and everything else(hk helm+gloves do a few weekly/dungeon dailies voila)+craft ring+offhand +hit runes.but i said that already in a previous post in this same thread already.you can skip raiding hk altogether.

Rift Chaser

Let's say you are a pvp warrior and you want to do ID..you have no clue about it..but you wanna do it..and skip that hk raiding nonsense.You will probably be 51 champion (+25 hit from spec too)

pvp weapon 2 hander -100 hit (2 hander hit rune +24 hit) -124 hit

hk vendor helm -50 hit
    hk vendor gloves -50 hit
    crafted ring -38 hit
    crafted offhand -38 hit (precise runeshard+13 hit) -51 hit
    helm hit rune +18 hit
    greaves hit rune +18 hit
    1 ring and 1 necklace from gsb or ros pug since you have to do them for weekly +76 hit
    51 champ -25 hit

=450 hit

even with the slashed hit on pvp 2 handers to 76

=426 hit

Kinda sad.
    Last edited by bourbon; 06-01-2012 at 05:16 PM.

They have to give PvPers an out once they realize that 1.9 isn't going to keep their interest for long. Why not just give em a step up into the PvE side of the game? If they're going to stick around and play Rift, more than likely, that's where they'll have to go.
    Last edited by Lycrios; 06-01-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    "In the land of the terribles, the mediocre is king."

Rift Chaser

if i want a +50 hit ring and a +50 hit neck..i just join a t2 raid rift in EI..they pop up non stop since guilds are always farming fire/earth essences,they reserve essences..and as a pug i can get them,without ever stepping foot in hk,or rotp for that matter.
    =474 hit
    Last edited by bourbon; 06-01-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

ok for someone that like PVPVE like Port Scion i guess if you have no Hit / focus any of the NPCs are going to wipe you as they req some level of Hit to kill ? with no hit the leets tend to kill me as i see so many misses on them , and killing there boss is a total pain. yes i know pure PVP players hate having NPCS in a PVP WF but i happen to like the mix.

Second i raid DH ,GP, ROS , GSB and ROTP on my main even though she is a PVP toon, its not hard to get a mixed set of PVP and PVE gear . there are plenty of Pugs running these Raids and i would like to get in a HK pug soon. It took me 5 hours to get all my PVE gear just join a Weekly raid pug , we did DH , Ros and GSB back to back and 90% of the gear was just open rolls with everyone rolling greed anyway.

Mei

im one of the top warrior pvpers)
    who are you
    Fluent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast