+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hit on pvp weapons?is trion for real?:)

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
    Pvp weapons have valor and vengeance...thats why..they are called pvp weapons..
    I have pvp weapons pve weapons ..i pvp and i raid...the most important stat in pvp is valor
    The only way you can pvp with 4 hk/id pieces and a pve weapon is by having 1 good pocket healer.
    You cant dps...if you are dead..and you die really easy with pve gear.Oh snap!>hence..pvp gear

Pvpers running around with pve weapons and 4 pieces thinking they are better and they die in 3 hits.That makes me sad.But hey..at least u have hit.
    Once again you get it totally wrong. If valor were the most important stat then I would equip my PvP weapons, but I don't, and you know why? Because I can get by with 95 less valor. You know what I can't get by with? 1 Hit. I need a minimum of 100 Hit to be even close to effective.

For me, even 100 is too low, so I use raid obtained PvE weapons. Come 1.9 I will finally be able to use the two shivs I have gathering dust in my vault.

Hit/Focus is every bit as important as valor. If I have max valor I survive longer, but take way longer to kill anything. If I have less valor but lots of hit, I don't live as long, but I kill things lots quicker. In my experience the extra valor is nowhere near enough to let me survive long enough to kill enemies; however the extra Hit does allow me to do enough damage to kill enemies before I die.

+150 Hit is far superior to an extra 95 valor. Having both in 1.9 will be even better still.

Stupid edit timer. Okay not 95 valor, it's 125 valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Not everyone wants to pvp. It is detrimental because the players that are not ranked in pvp are at a significant disadvantage compared to those who are.
    Again, I encourage all to know the basics of the situation before they post here. Pvp players are also at a disadvantage, especially right now. The gear issues go both ways, some of you have been told this repeatedly but have no concern with anyone elses well being.

Hit on pvp weapons doesnt make sense..
    Yes, it does make sense. Again- hit and focus are stats needed in pvp.

If you have a problem with this, take it up with TRION..because they're the people who made it like this.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekenna View Post
    I say make hit and focus not work at all in pvp or against other players. Hit was designed as a stat for pve and gear progression. It has adverse effects on pvp because it negates many defensive abilities in pvp.

Also, they need to disable hk synergy crystals in pvp as well. These crystals are currently giving ranged dps and focus fire groups a huge advantage. If you want to progress in raiding... Then raid. Why is this so hard to understand. In summary:

1). Remove hit for having any effect in pvp.
    2). Disable hk synergy crystals in pvp.
    3). Remove hit from pvp weapons.

Thank you. Hugs
    The best solution is to remove the effect of hit in pvp entirely ,or conversely remove the chance to parry/dodge/block in pvp.

Forcing pve centric players to pvp for a weapon or gear upgrade is not a good solution.
    The issue of Hit and Focus has been discussed at length, for months. So whenever I see someone say "oh hai! just make hit and focus not matter in pvp KKTHNXBUHBYE /signed pve'er", makes me really think if they've really put any thought into what they just said. How many class/soul mechanics are affected with hit and focus? Are we screwing balance even more by removing these stats? What else is gonna be affected? If we asked these questions for months, what are the chances the devs already explored these options in detail by now?

I got both pvp and pve weapons, same tier for both, hk and rotp/p40 Possibly just slapping on a little hit on pvp weapons maybe the best solution. Other than repeating the same old suggestions(complaints) I doubt anyone can do any better at this point.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

The best solution is to remove the effect of hit in pvp entirely ,or conversely remove the chance to parry/dodge/block in pvp.

Forcing pve centric players to pvp for a weapon or gear upgrade is not a good solution.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_standard
    ~Quiescent

I think the same whenever i see someone post that they just hit level 50 a few days ago and are complaining about the grind to r40.

Prophet of Telara

Nobody wants to do your ****ing dungeons with pvp weapons, ****

Rift Chaser

im maxed valor with 0 hit and i do just fine.The rogue is the problem?..they aren't dodging any of my attacks.
    Rift Strike>Frost Strike>thunder strike...what do they dodge?they eat everything.

Here is what is going to happen..Healers are going to be OP because of the SP/HP added and no fix to heal stacking. It's far superior to vengeance added. Then as more ppl farm ID.. you will see that gear again being BIS in PvP for the same reason and because 100 hit is barely cutting it. End of story.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-01-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Shield of Telara

I am surprised that I will be able to get an upgrade for PVE raiding by hitting R50 in PvP. I am only 3/8 in ID so not sure as to the items ahead yet but I have Pretty much BIS gear walking away from HK.

The harbringers warhammer is just flat out awesome for PvE.

And I do use my PvE weapon in PvP today (both as heals and as DPS).
    Last edited by aLittleBird; 06-01-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird View Post
    I am surprised that I will be able to get an upgrade for PVE raiding by hitting R50 in PvP. I am only 3/8 in ID so not sure as to the items ahead yet but I have Pretty much BIS gear walking away from HK.

The harbringers warhammer is just flat out awesome for PvE.

And I do use my PvE weapon in PvP today (both as heals and as DPS).
    can you please link the warr 1h and 2h weapons?

Rift Chaser

what did i say...id raids will be filled with clueless pvpers with lol pvp weapons
    what progression..theres no progression..you dont need to step in hk before id...just do dailies/weeklies..get 1 hk helm and a pair of gloves..some crafted rings and and offhand..slap on some hit runes..the rest..pvp gear...imba pvp weapon....and good to go...SAD.
    Last edited by bourbon; 06-01-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRage View Post
    can you please link the warr 1h and 2h weapons?
    I did a comparison in another topic.
    Or was it this one?

The PvP weapons at r40 < the weapons from HK/ID

I could compare the pvp weapons at r50 but i believe they only break even with HK epics, they don't surpass them.

It is a nice substitute if you recently began raiding, but PvE weaponry is clearly superior in terms of damage/healing.

what did i say...id raids will be filled with clueless pvpers with lol pvp weapons
    what progression..theres no progression..you dont need to step in hk before id...just do dailies/weeklies..get 1 hk helm and a pair of gloves..some crafted rings and and offhand..slap on some hit runes..the rest..pvp gear...imba pvp weapon....and good to go...SAD.
    Actually i've seen most cases where pvp'ers are really quick on the uptake of mechanics and strats. what with pvp needing things like reaction time, strategies, etc. Hate to bring it up again, but no matter how difficult the raid encounter is, its still a scripted fight. That versus a dynamic fight against other people, pvp forces you to always be thinking on your feet, using your environment, etc....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast