+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hit on pvp weapons?is trion for real?:)

Rift Chaser

i have 0 hit in pvp and i do just fine.
    You need some hit just for 1 soul in all RIft..a rogue soul...thats all..and that hit can be easily obtained with 2 runes

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
    You need some hit just for 1 soul in all RIft..a rogue soul...thats all..and that hit can be easily obtained with 2 runes
    Well that isn't even remotely true!
    If you're looking for concrete proof, heres seven pages of numerous people detailing why hit/focus is an absolute necessity on PVP gear.
    ~Quiescent

So we have more of a reason to pvp to pve? That doesn't sound like an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Champion

Congrats, you've just demonstrated you don't have a clue.

Champion

How many hours of semi-afk would it take to get to rank 50 in WFs? Wanna know if that's a good method to get the best possible gear before ID progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotix View Post
    Hey look dolphins ------------>
    Was it bad I was tempted to look?....
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cammyle View Post
    How many hours of semi-afk would it take to get to rank 50 in WFs? Wanna know if that's a good method to get the best possible gear before ID progression.
    Hey there, guess what? HK relic gear is better than the R50... AND you can get it faster than grinding to R50! Don't you feel special now for having gained that awesome insight? Glad to have been of service.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Tbh the thing is if they made that +150 hit from pvp weapons +pvphit and made the two versions ineffective in the other style of gameplay it would ridiculously shift the power of each. Probably why they don't want to do it that way for now. PvP weapons would be the *only* and end all must have choice for rogues/warriors in pvp and probably at least 1 or 2 for a mage/cleric. Then with normal +hit not working pve weapons all the way up to relics would be nearly non viable choices unless the player wanted only +100 hit effectively in pvp. Granted that would keep the models more contained within their own itemization. But it would be a very dramatic shift of power - pve weapons go way down and pvp weapons go to indisputable must have.

If you are a warrior and have 0 hit life will suck against rogues/warriors. +75 hit is max obtained amount with runes. That is 15% bypass chance. My r40 rogue requires my enemy to have about 26 - 30% bypass chance to never be dodge/parried by me. That will raise somewhat when r50 comes out probably/more PAs/more gear. So with 75 hit you would still be facing 10 - 15% chance to blow a 1.5s gcd. That is horrible. I'll admit you can get by with 75 hit, I did. But it got annoying and old eventually and I broke down and found pve stuff. Was then nice to use real dps runes and....pvp runes ;/
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-30-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    This is a troll post and a blatant one. Please lock this stupid thread, Trion, and thanks for putting some hit on the PvP gear. It was very much needed.
    Actually, I don't think the OP was a troll post. That would be giving him too much credit. Everything I've seen that guy write has shown a lot of ignorance ... not sure why we should suspect this one of being any different.

New items will be better than old items. Rage happens. People get new PVE items that are still better than new PVP weapons. Rage happens again. Repeat.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Vanguard

Valor +82
    Strength +59
    Endurance +57
    Dexterity +42
    Vengence +11
    Critical Hit +53
    Attack Power +29

Inferno
    Strength +79
    Dexterity +39
    Endurance +34
    Attack Power +47
    Hit Bonus +100

Kraken
    Strength +82
    Dexterity +59
    Endurance +30
    Attack Power +30
    Hit Bonus +100

PvE weaponry is superior by a significant amount.

The rest of your post is just inflammatory nonsense.
    Vanguard is r36.

Avenger is r50:

68.5 dps
    65 str
    42 dex
    67 end
    29 ap
    53 crit
    100 hit
    82 valor
    30 veng

It beats all of those pve weapons you listed, except for the proc abilities, which to me, don't matter much. I'd take r50 anyday. ID will beat it, though. So no harm done. *edit, and technically Inferno beats it. Just not in pvp.

R36 has 76 hit on it.

I had to update before I could log in to get the numbers.

PVP and PVE are both grinds. It's only a hand-out or a hindrance if you're unable to do both and have an advantage over one place than the other place. ID will be the advantage because of weapon procs and matched stats just as HK is in 1.8. There's no issue here that needs to be addressed. The content you slaved to do in PVE for gear that still isn't out yet and still has to be ground for, is an accomplishment you still overcame, that the PVPer probably didn't get. You have new conquests to do. Do those. Be merry. It does not interfere with game balance. When a pvper has to put hit aguements on various items, in their talents, and a hit item on to be as good a dps as 1 PVEr with 1 weapon from HK like now, that does affect game balance. 1.9 fixes that. Finally.

/end thread
    Last edited by Testercules; 05-31-2012 at 03:48 AM. Reason: typo, and inferno
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    Vanguard is r36.

Avenger is r50:

68.5 dps
    65 str
    42 dex
    67 end
    29 ap
    53 crit
    100 hit
    82 valor
    30 veng

It beats all of those pve weapons you listed, except for the proc abilities, which to me, don't matter much. I'd take r50 anyday. ID will beat it, though. So no harm done. *edit, and technically Inferno beats it. Just not in pvp.

R36 has 76 hit on it.

I had to update before I could log in to get the numbers.

PVP and PVE are both grinds. It's only a hand-out or a hindrance if you're unable to do both and have an advantage over one place than the other place. ID will be the advantage because of weapon procs and matched stats just as HK is in 1.8. There's no issue here that needs to be addressed. The content you slaved to do in PVE for gear that still isn't out yet and still has to be ground for, is an accomplishment you still overcame, that the PVPer probably didn't get. You have new conquests to do. Do those. Be merry. It does not interfere with game balance. When a pvper has to put hit aguements on various items, in their talents, and a hit item on to be as good a dps as 1 PVEr with 1 weapon from HK like now, that does affect game balance. 1.9 fixes that. Finally.

/end thread
    He was comparing them because they're two items of the same tier. Avenger's is a tier ahead of The Inferno and The Kraken Spine, so of course it beats them in stats.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Chaser

Pve weapons equivalents are WAY harder to get then Pvp Weapons.
    In order to get the high end pvp weapon you have to grind...and you eventually get it..it takes a week or more depends on player time playing.
    In order to get the pve equivalent of that pvp weapon you have to do HK(akylios-less dps but a proc)..or ID (conclave-same dps)...and its a CHANCE(that is if it drops...from 30 Akylios killed we had only 2 Kraken spines drop)..from 3 conclave kills we had 0 Tarnished Fiery Scythe drop.
    Even if it drops...you have to roll out 4 other players.So...you can do HK and ID for months...and months...and still dont get a weapon.Theres a warrior in guild who has been raiding for 6 months..doing HK now ID..only has that bad sword from Estrode because of no drops.
    I was a r40 way before i started raiding
    Don't you notice....every1 has a PVP weapon!

Most likely pvpers dont have a clue.
    Last edited by bourbon; 05-31-2012 at 05:01 AM.

As a full time PvP'er and PvE'r, I am delighted to see the line between PvP and PvE blurred out. As our raid's main tank, it helps me keep up with the DPS, and makes me more of an asset to the raid. More versatile players means less possibility of a bottleneck in the middle of a raid. More viable ways to gear up for the real nitty-gritty is a smart choice.

I never understood the selfish attitude when one side gets a new set of shinies. The way I see it, Trion wants people to experience their content, and giving you the incentive to do so is right way to go.
    Last edited by Olvi; 05-31-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Ascendant

so you can be thankfull to trion there will be MORE people to raid WITH YOU and Guild have it easier to recruit.

you do realize you play WITH your comrades in pve not against them? (thats the difference to pvp, you (also) play AGAINST people with high lvl relics with lots of hits on them).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast