+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hit on pvp weapons?is trion for real?:)

Rift Chaser
    Last edited by bourbon; 06-02-2012 at 05:09 AM.

Yes you are wrong, http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/du...it-rating.html

Giving us a link from way back in beta is horrible. Back then few cept maybe the alpha testers knew what much of anything did. Besides like I said its not hard to test it yourself instead of linking outdated information and pretending to know what your talking about. The very last post in that thread you linked even tells you that hit is vs dodge/parry/block.
    Last edited by Xillean; 06-02-2012 at 05:28 AM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
    wait i just read your whole post...and wow..you really have NO CLUE what you are talking about.
    i am sorry but what you say is nonsense..on top of that you just say wrong wrong wrong and NO to YES)

what?gold farmers?)))).....what?))
    I know exactly what I am talking about, and can back it up with facts, as I have been doing with every post of yours I have responded to.

You, on the other hand, spout gibberish and have been shown time and time again, by several different people, that you have no idea what you are talking about, and are wrong most of the time.

As for being able to get +65 Hit crafted weapons, here it is:

Carceran Berzerker Axe
    One hand axe
    DPS 52.5
    Strength +42
    Dexterity +42
    Endurance +24
    Physical Crit +30
    Hit +65

It doesn't matter what is needed to craft one, and I know exactly what is needed to make them, because my Rogue is a weaponsmith and can make them. On Seastone, at the time of this posting, there is an Infernal Phylactery on the AH. If I wanted to spend the 5500 plat to buy it, I could make one of those axes right now, and be running around Telara with it.

So explain to me how I'm wrong? If a new 50 got himself enough plat he could be decked out and ready to jump into ID without ever having done a single warfront. According to you, all they would need to do is run a few dungeon dailies, and a couple of weeklies, and bamo, HK Helm & Gloves and they're ready to go.

It's going to take a lot longer for them to grind up to R40, wait for 1.9, and then grind up to R50. It's then going to take even longer still to get the millions of favour required to buy a full set of R50 PvP gear. Sounds like a lot of hassle to go through, when you get better gear just by forking over RL dollars and buying everything you need over a few days.

But who cares about that right? That's fine. Just as long as those evil PvPers don't get Hit/Focus on their weapons. Even though Hit/Focus is every bit as much a PvP stats, as it is a PvE stat.

Once again you've been shown to have no clue what you're talking about, and more and more you're convincing me we're all being trolled.

Ascendant

Let's say you are a pvp warrior and you want to do ID..you have no clue about it..but you wanna do it..and skip that hk raiding nonsense.You will probably be 51 champion (+25 hit from spec too)

pvp weapon 2 hander -100 hit (2 hander hit rune +24 hit) -124 hit

hk vendor helm -50 hit
    hk vendor gloves -50 hit
    crafted ring -38 hit
    crafted offhand -38 hit (precise runeshard+13 hit) -51 hit
    helm hit rune +18 hit
    greaves hit rune +18 hit
    1 ring and 1 necklace from gsb or ros pug since you have to do them for weekly +76 hit
    51 champ -25 hit

=450 hit

even with the slashed hit on pvp 2 handers to 76

=426 hit

Kinda sad.

A lil more sand for ya.. The PvP BOW adds a chunk also :P...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

i have to laugh everytime some1 talks about how pvp in rift requires strategy and coordination.
    It's 1 button!!!..Queue up!!...Hit players with red name..use skills!!get favor...repeat.
    This is rift pvp!

1st reason why you do warfronts.To get favor...you get that just by joining a warfront.
    1st Reason you do raids..for the experience and items..to make your character more better and reliable for future attempts.Well you dont get that just by clicking ..Queue up.
    Yes you do. It is called marks from doing dungeons. I got three toons on the way to my 3rd ID piece in about a week. THREE toons and I have never stepped foot in ID with any of them. Do you know how easy it is to get raid gear? Do you know how freaking difficult it is to rake in the amount of favor for those three toons to get the full set of next gear? IT is incredibly time consuming. Get over yourself. You obviously don't know what time consuming is when you have an alt or 2 that pvps as well. Raid gear is eons easier to get over ranked gear. The content is outdated fast..new events shell out raid quality gear as well.

To be honest I am really upset they gave the shaft to pvpers again. You need to grind a million++ of favor for the full set of next gear content. IT SHOULD BE EQUIVALENT IF NOT GREATER THAN PURPLE ID EPIC. THAT IS A XXXX TON OF WORK for a lousy increase in vengeance..

Heres a little battle story for you guys.

I was testing out a Pyro Archon (44/22) with 1299 Valor (51.9 Mitigation) 180 Vengeance (48sp or so) all fully geared fully runed specifically for PvP.

If i went up against a Pyro Lock (zero valor/vengeance, full PvE gear) id consistently lose which is ridiculous in all honesty.

Basically with Archon Pyro i have +120 on ALL resistances which is about a %12 damage mitigation against elemental damage plus i have 2 active shields i could cast before battle (burning shield + consuming flames) all whilst stood inside ground of power (immunity to CC, resistance boost, armor boost)

If we both Heatwaved at the same time it was basically down to the wire but in general i would lose.

52% damage mitigation + 10% elemental mitigation + 2 shields + 1 passive shield vs
    0% Mitigation + 10% mitigation + 1 shield + 1 passive shield

Effectively rank 0 specced pure DPS without PvP gear beating a rank 40 specced Anti-Magical with full PvP gear.

The gear is SCREWED UP thats what you PvE nutcases dont seem to understand, Valor and Vengeance do NOTHING at present im supposed to have a 52% damage mitigation but in all honestly i dont "feel" like i have.

Couple that with bolstering up to rank 36 and effectively PvP gear is buggered up completely.

Honestly at present Valor and Vengeance do NOTHING against PvE gear which honestly is completely obserd.

I also find there are fundamental mitigation issues with certain classes.. as though each class has some kind of "base mitigation".. for instance.

As a chloro-lock against a noob tappa tappa me to death i will consistently take more damage from abilities and resist less but as a Pyro against the same noob tappa-tappa me to death i will take practically no damage abilities and resist much much more.. which quite frankly makes no sense since nothing had been altered except for spec.

SORT IT OUT TRION christ... I've mentioned before how valor and vengeance were just plain BAD ideas which only segregate the PvP and PvE crowds preventing each other from experiencing the full content of the game without having to backtrack and re-farm but in all honesty its actually worked out a LOT more messy than that with PvE gear being superior to PvP gear which allows PvE'rs to quite happily experience top rank PvP without a single piece of PvP equipment but leaves PvP'ers out to hang and dry because they would have to farm like nutcases in order to experience the same level of enjoyment from PvE and raids.

Equipment balance has always been a massive issue with Rift and honestly i dont believe that they have actually "fully worked out" how their focus/valor/vengeance/resistance system plays out in PvP because at present Resistance is too low for PvP effectiveness (due to focus stripping resistance and generally needing an insane amount of focus for pve in comparison to obtainable resistance for PvP) Valor doesn't actually seem to mitigate at all and vengeance doesn't provide a high enough SP bonus to bring PvP gear in line with PvE values.

So basically farming full PvP gear is a waste of time at present because it doesn't actually even do its job as "pvp gear", couple this with the fact that players are now bolstered and it means that generally the playing field is even so why bother getting the gear in the first place? Especially considering that it plain and simple does not work!

i have to laugh everytime some1 talks about how pvp in rift requires strategy and coordination.
    It's 1 button!!!..Queue up!!...Hit players with red name..use skills!!get favor...repeat.
    This is rift pvp!
    You don't pvp at all in this game, do you? I think it's pretty clear that you don't...
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    To be honest I am really upset they gave the shaft to pvpers again. You need to grind a million++ of favor for the full set of next gear content. IT SHOULD BE EQUIVALENT IF NOT GREATER THAN PURPLE ID EPIC. THAT IS A XXXX TON OF WORK for a lousy increase in vengeance..
    uh you serious? you get the gear for playing pvp, isnt that what you want? playing pvp? how can that be work? you play the game? why do you play the game if you consider it work? dont understand your attitude sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Heres a little battle story for you guys.

I was testing out a Pyro Archon (44/22) with 1299 Valor (51.9 Mitigation) 180 Vengeance (48sp or so) all fully geared fully runed specifically for PvP.

If i went up against a Pyro Lock (zero valor/vengeance, full PvE gear) id consistently lose which is ridiculous in all honesty.
    You shouldn't be.
    The mitigation valor provides is higher than the damage bonus that full PvE gear provides.
    No reason for you to die, especially since you'll also have higher endurance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Basically with Archon Pyro i have +120 on ALL resistances which is about a %12 damage mitigation against elemental damage plus i have 2 active shields i could cast before battle (burning shield + consuming flames) all whilst stood inside ground of power (immunity to CC, resistance boost, armor boost)
    Okay, first off.
    Elemental resistance doesn't do jack in pvP.
    Focus mitigates it on a 2 to 1 ratio.
    1 focus for every 2 elemental resistance.
    So all he needs is a single piece of ID weaponry to mitigate that resistance. So do NOT bother with it period.

Armor boost doesn't mitigate anything either.
    Dipping 22 points into archon is a poor idea as well. You don't need to go that deep.

If you're really having that much of an issue, then it is alot more at work than just PvE gear.
    A mage using full PvE gear is a waste of a warfront slot period.

Case in point, Odas was in a warfront.
    Full HK relic gear.
    He did 60k in black garden.

I was in full PvP gear, BiS DPS sigil, I pulled 120k using a 51 pyro spec, no AE. I wasn't even on my A game.
    I had over 3k more health than he did in my spec.

For mages, the crystal bonus isn't worth it outside of stormcaller which is a passive bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    uh you serious? you get the gear for playing pvp, isnt that what you want? playing pvp? how can that be work? you play the game? why do you play the game if you consider it work? dont understand your attitude sorry...
    I can't speak for Flash but what i think he means is that it is very much time consuming to pvp vs Raid gear. I mean come on, when your not currently in a raid you can just hit easy mode dungeons for the random dungeon rewards. Its cake, it really is.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    I can't speak for Flash but what i think he means is that it is very much time consuming to pvp vs Raid gear. I mean come on, when your not currently in a raid you can just hit easy mode dungeons for the random dungeon rewards. Its cake, it really is.
    and why should i care what others do? I have fun playing pvp so i play pvp, if i have fun playing pve i pve?

and why should i care what others do? I have fun playing pvp so i play pvp, if i have fun playing pve i pve?
    Just replying to you since you quoted someone like you did care what they did. Don't get me wrong, you got the right additude towards playing the game, I'm sorta the same way, but you did come off as like you did care.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    Just replying to you since you quoted someone like you did care what they did. Don't get me wrong, you got the right additude towards playing the game, I'm sorta the same way, but you did come off as like you did care.
    i might have misunderstood your posting, english is not my native language

i might have misunderstood your posting, english is not my native language
    NP, I was was kinda out of it when I posted to. : )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast