+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Summerfest Scavenger Hunt Feedback

wtb "tree with mushrooms at its base"
    ...i think..
    who took my names!

Soulwalker

Default Gloamwood tree

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    Okay for the Gloamwood tree, It will not pop until you actually step on it.
    This is not so. In my travels through Gloamwood, i simply moused over all trees around me as i traveled various places. The tree in question was a bit ahead of me on the path when i got the tooltip indicator.

Soulwalker

Default Find the Tree of Wisdom in Gloamwood

One spawns at 5043, 2706 Standing Stones area where all the goblins are running around. Just hover over the trees in this area and you'll see a little hand appear allowing you to click the tree.
    Last edited by Mistyrein; 06-28-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    wtb "tree with mushrooms at its base"
    ...i think..
    Or 5 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    If I ever had this type of 'fun' on any summer camp I would have called my mom to come get me I'd say.

so 'team work' here means we all have to go to Icewatch to get this quest / these quests done? Saves Trion a lot of trouble in listening to their subscribers cries for help on population issues ....
    Don't bother trying to do it on Icewatch. It's just as bad.

Soulwalker

Default Gloamwood is easy

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Scarwood Reach: Can't find any mushrooms near stumps to make the ability to plant a tree usable, no hint where in the zone you go, or they are bugged and aren't spawning.

Gloamwood: No hint whatsoever to find the tree? Really? REALLY!?

Shimmersand: Can't hand in the icecream, bugged.

Dog and Pony show quest: Can't finish it cause I don't have the ascended a friend, is that really intentional? If it is...REALLY!?

The rest of the stuff was fine, found a couple pets well out and about too.

So it's mostly fun, except for the things I just listed.
    Look in the Standing Stones area. Note the quest says Goblins and stones. Go to the standing stones, in the area acturlly near the huge stones with glowing blue signs on them. This is where the tree spawns, out of all the spawning locations. Don't read too much into ZAM, most of the content hasn't been upgraded since last summerfest/or beta summerfest. Tree will respawn only after someone grabs it, otherwise it remains inthe same place. You will know the tree because it will be like an articfact, it looks like a huge curvy bonsi tree.

Shadowlander

summerfest is a summerfail.
    reasons maze to narrow and annoying with camera zooms, plant a tree in scarwood the dumbest thing I have ever seen in any quest for any mmo. Because of the plant a tree quest I won't be renewing my subscription. If trion wants to turn Rift into Wow then go right ahead just don't include me.
    Inakota Super Cleric

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inakota View Post
    If trion wants to turn Rift into Wow then go right ahead just don't include me
    I wasn't aware Summerfest is an all year round event?

Shame you cancelled then as some of your reasons to quit just got addressed in a Hotfix 10 mins ago

RIFT 1.9 Hotfix #2 - 8:00am PDT 6/29/12 [NA] - 1:00am GMT/2:00am BST 30/6/12 [EU]

SUMMERFEST

* Removed the hedge mazes in Meridian and Sanctum.
    * Plant Trees in Scarwood Reach: Made this one much easier.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...0-6-12-eu.html

Ascendant

Cancelling subscription due to a world event. That's a new one to me...
    Last edited by Adastra; 06-29-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    White Fang - 2/4 (4/4 mini) T3

Adastra@Greybriar (rogue - main)
    Nuadore@Greybriar (mage)
    Euli@Greybriar (cleric)

Rift Disciple

Default Gloomwood & Scarwood Reach

I spent 14 hours searching for the tree. 14 hours looking for mushrooms only found it 3 times.. I deleted the quest line.. its totally stupid. if this is suppose to be the best this game has Ill go find a new game because it sucks. 4 download fixes in 3 days. Ill go back to playing Guildwars

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by inakota View Post
    summerfest is a summerfail.
    reasons maze to narrow and annoying with camera zooms, plant a tree in scarwood the dumbest thing I have ever seen in any quest for any mmo. Because of the plant a tree quest I won't be renewing my subscription. If trion wants to turn Rift into Wow then go right ahead just don't include me.
    I did the tree planting in like 5 minutes tops, you have problems if you're blaming the game for not being able to do this one. There's an area I found where's there's a bunch of these stumps all around, I forget the exact loc, but it's nearer where Scarwood meet Scarlet.

Granted i've done this after the patch that made it easier apparently.
    Last edited by Malark; 07-01-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Location

I found mine at Keenblade Mill.

Walked around the area and found all five in just a few min.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mistyrein View Post
    One spawns at 5043, 2706 Standing Stones area where all the goblins are running around. Just hover over the trees in this area and you'll see a little hand appear allowing you to click the tree.
    Found my Tree of Wisdom pretty much right at these coordinates. Thanks!
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

Default Ditto to all of the above

I am glad I am not the one who has to sit and read these!
    I stopped doing phase one, and I sure as heck am not going to bother with Phase 2. I have limited gaming time and I don't want to spend it being frustrated. I HAVE to deal with frustrations and difficulties in real life, be damned if I am going to do it in a game. Sooooo, the ice cream can melt and the trees can plant themselves, and the magic tree can go to hell.

Other then this "fest", Rift is generally enjoyable.

Scavenger p2 came live yesterday/today. Was struggling abit with the moonshade one cause of slow respawn on the boglings. But did it in the end
    All the others ones were nice and easy/hard until i got to the shimmersand one.
    One word about it: HORRIBLE.
    Ran around the entire shimmersand area with a beach connected to water and back. Got a total of 6 treasures of the 25 to get.
    By reading the other posts i understand that theres only ONE up per time which lasts for one minute before it changes to another location out of 40 possible places?
    Havent gotten to test if groups can do it or if its just a solo one.
    It is really discouraging running around for 5-15minutes to find just one treasure when you need 25. Of course its not a daily, but people are competing for shard firsts etc..
    3/3IG 5/5PB 2/4Dragons
    Last Dawn@Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast