+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Goodbye Twinking.

Default Goodbye Twinking.

* Experience locking has been removed now that you can set your level lower via Mentoring!
    Warfronts - You will not be allowed to enter lower level WFs while mentored. No idea if this is how it is working at the moment since I haven't tried, but that is the plan - No mentoring for WFs.
    I have to give it to them. Fairly ingenious way to eliminate twinking.
    Last edited by Eclipze; 05-22-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Oh well. Back to lvl 50 warfronts where so called 'loltwinking' really is an issue.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

I feel a sense of self satisfaction
    ~Quiescent

I feel a sense of stupidity.

Next on PTS, a bubble, for the undergeared clueless whiney player.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Mei

inb4 remove R50s
    Fluent

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    I feel a sense of stupidity.

Next on PTS, a bubble, for the undergeared clueless whiney player.
    If ever there was a post screaming for a umadbro it's this one.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Rift Chaser

That's ok, who'd want to do low level warfronts now?

Better yet...who *really* wants to do level 50 warfronts?

Who has two thumbs and is not renewing??

This girl.

Not entirely unexpected.

Trion nerfs a lot of things in PvP based on vocal player feedback and not necessarily on the root causes/issues. Warriors and mages ate lots of nerfs early on because people were crying about them, when the probably was the red orb in warfronts. The same sort of thing went for Sabs, except the problem there was a lack of tells that charges were incoming (so that people could react/cleanse). Clerics have continually eaten healing nerfs because they're "unkillable", when the problem is ostensibly a lack of coordination. Champion, Paragon and Riftblade have been redesigned a billion times when the only 'problem' with each was arguably Lingering Wounds, Strike Like Iron, and Planar Blade + Riftwalk, respectively.

Twinks were problematic because of grape augments and abuse of runes intended for higher level characters (that were subsequently grandfathered in), especially in the 10-19 bracket. Instead of putting level limits on augments (as we already see with Valorstone, for example), eliminating grandfathered items (item has a min equip level of the item or any attached consumables -- runes, whetstones, whatever -- as we saw with BoA sigils), or eliminating twinking in the one bracket where you can argue it's truly problematic, they opted to axe the entire XP locking system.

Fortunately for me, I don't have a total aversion to end-game PvP (I just got tired of solo queuing warfronts -- especially Port Scion for Super Awesome PvE adventures), and Conquest looks like it might keep me around.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

great news , could also be good for lvl 50 wf as twinkers will come back (though a few might rage quit).

still trion could have just created different wf for twinks and regular players.....

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by tevikolady View Post
    That's ok, who'd want to do low level warfronts now?

Better yet...who *really* wants to do level 50 warfronts?

Who has two thumbs and is not renewing??

This girl.
    Well if Conquest counts as a warfront (which it technically is) I do.

Can I have your stuff?
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

I would hope now warfronts while mentored - despite being a lower level in many respects, you do keep your 50 gear, that would be a bad case of twinking in the WF. Even at a lower level you have incredible armor and epic enhancements all around (assuming you obtained them before mentoring down).
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

Ascendant

I read that the other way in that now any character can just click a button and be a twink . . . Can you not queue while a mentor level? I would think 39 is going to be the new warfront of choice since it just scales your stats down . . .
    Last edited by Sariina; 05-22-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    I would hope now warfronts while mentored - despite being a lower level in many respects, you do keep your 50 gear, that would be a bad case of twinking in the WF. Even at a lower level you have incredible armor and epic enhancements all around (assuming you obtained them before mentoring down).
    can't mentor in WF's

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    can't mentor in WF's
    Oh, praise that the low level war fronts will actually be fun again then. Time to start leveling an alt come 1.9

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Not entirely unexpected.

Trion nerfs a lot of things in PvP based on vocal player feedback and not necessarily on the root causes/issues.
    [citation needed]
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast