+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Request to unequip essences

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    284

    Default Request to unequip essences

    I was asked by a Gm to request this feature if I wanted to see it implemented. I screwed my dps water core and asked to have it fixed. They were unable to assist me in doing so since the lessers/greaters are permanently bound to the machine once equipped. I would love to see this feature implemented even if it meant spending planarite to unequip the essence.

    This feature would go quite a ways as a quality of life feature lending to the flexibility of the soul system. I know it is too late to implement in 1.8 but would like to see it in the near future. As dungeons progress, specs change, and new essences introduced this feature would be greatly beneficial to both the casual and hard core members.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    I'm able to replace essences... Just drag them to the desired slot, and voiala.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentnights View Post
    I was asked by a Gm to request this feature if I wanted to see it implemented. I screwed my dps water core and asked to have it fixed. They were unable to assist me in doing so since the lessers/greaters are permanently bound to the machine once equipped. I would love to see this feature implemented even if it meant spending planarite to unequip the essence.

    This feature would go quite a ways as a quality of life feature lending to the flexibility of the soul system. I know it is too late to implement in 1.8 but would like to see it in the near future. As dungeons progress, specs change, and new essences introduced this feature would be greatly beneficial to both the casual and hard core members.
    Im unshure what you meen by this?
    Are you asking for the GM's to be able to reverse the prosess Or a feature where you can Undo your Core choices?

    I agree on the first one, in rare occations we do the silliest of mistakes, (I actualy managed to delete my Weapon once), eaven after the warning about it beeing a permanent change...

    But for a feature, I love the idea, but sadly as you lay it out it sounds wery exploiteable, meening you can switch cores between fights and still preserve your old ones, this will work agenst the whole multi core purpose. Or if you meen that the core should be "reversable" untill first combat, the whole feature kind of lose its function, if they didnt notice the error at the perma change warning, their not likely to discover the mistake before first combat.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtroll View Post
    Im unshure what you meen by this?
    Are you asking for the GM's to be able to reverse the prosess Or a feature where you can Undo your Core choices?

    I agree on the first one, in rare occations we do the silliest of mistakes, (I actualy managed to delete my Weapon once), eaven after the warning about it beeing a permanent change...

    But for a feature, I love the idea, but sadly as you lay it out it sounds wery exploiteable, meening you can switch cores between fights and still preserve your old ones, this will work agenst the whole multi core purpose. Or if you meen that the core should be "reversable" untill first combat, the whole feature kind of lose its function, if they didnt notice the error at the perma change warning, their not likely to discover the mistake before first combat.
    first the answer they were given probably wasnt "go make a post on the test forum" it was probably something like "please use the feedback option" but hey when do ppl actually do what they are told. ive encountered that statement several times where they told me if you want something changed use the in game feedback. not saying its not possible a GM said it though, just its more likely they said use the in game feedback.

    secondly what they are asking is a way to equip essences into the planar core. then at any time they want be able to remove an essence. this is quite different from the way it works now where it overwrites the essence and the one that was there is lost. what they want is unequip so it can be saved for later.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    416

    Default

    If I could do this that I'll just buy one of everything I need and have a BoA barnacle encrusted engine/sigil. Optimization to the max!

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    143

    Default

    If you grind to get 50 inscribes then decide to change out your one of your sigil essences, maybe you put a lesser in a greater slot that you wanted to change. You shouldn't be out the 50 inscribes, especially when you start considering as a raider you will likely have 3-5 sigils. Right now I have a PvP Sigli, Heal, Water Sigil, Fire Sigil, Starting to work on a earth sigil in preps for ID. The grind for essences is getting a little excessive everytime we get new content we need a new sigil and a new grind for iss. Then if you need a new hk crystal bam another 100 iss.

    So yes the least they can do if we grinded for them we should be able to keep them.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redrox View Post
    If you grind to get 50 inscribes then decide to change out your one of your sigil essences, maybe you put a lesser in a greater slot that you wanted to change. You shouldn't be out the 50 inscribes, especially when you start considering as a raider you will likely have 3-5 sigils. Right now I have a PvP Sigli, Heal, Water Sigil, Fire Sigil, Starting to work on a earth sigil in preps for ID. The grind for essences is getting a little excessive everytime we get new content we need a new sigil and a new grind for iss. Then if you need a new hk crystal bam another 100 iss.

    So yes the least they can do if we grinded for them we should be able to keep them.
    sorry but i dont see your point of having to farm even more as a basis of why anyone should support this.

    the HK crystal is optional 100 ISS it doesnt count. you could just as easily get it as a drop from a boss.

    also once you have all your sigils together you dont need to refarm them. most ppl should already have their elemental sigils ready to go because they know its coming. all the raids so far cover your elements death(ros,hk)/life(gsb)/earth(gp)/fire(rotp)/water(dh,hk). maybe you have to update your essences slightly but regardless you should have all your sigils by now except one element (air).

    myself personally, ive had all these for quite a while except the fire sigil. since, i just kinda got lazy on it thats kinda my own fault. other than that though every other sigil i have kept around because i know its goin to help with raids.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    143

    Default

    So you see no problem with having to grind up 1000's of iss, and every new expansion that comes out having to grind 300 more. If you have to swap one out the least they could do is let you freaking keep it but instead you have to go grind more to replace it, maybe you would use it on another sigil and save you from grinding. I grind my *** off I got no problem with that, it's the not so active players this hurts, and if you have to rely on others i.e. guild raids then yes this could very likely serve as a problem. Yet you think its ok to make everyone that wants to play all content have to live at there keyboard grinding silly stones?

  9. #9
    Shadowlander Saluq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    There should at least be some type of tool you can buy that can remove essences allowing them to be placed in other source cores / sigils, they could make it cost planarite to buy and be fueled by planar charges or something.

    As for needing a resist sigil / core of each element. Well I tend to disagree here. If you are a tank or maybe a healer then yeah, maybe. But for the non tanks I think you are able to dodge most of the effects and if not then you should be fine with planar prot and resist runes (including the resist rune that will go on your sigil / core in 1.8).

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Rainzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default

    make essences socketable just like any item of gear or seals for example, would be a great solution but they wont implement it.

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    768

    Default

    It's fine for one character, but when you have multiple alts and you need to get them all with water/earth/fire resist its just going to get stupid. Especially since I want my war alt to tank (I'm okay with resist essences for tanks but making loads of resistance fights for every raid just to make us grind is stupid).

    First it was critsigil, then spellpower sigil, then healing sigil, then pvp sigil, then water sigil, then fire sigil and now in ID we will need an earth sigil too.

    These are just the mandatory ones, for increased performance you should grind out death and life resist sigils, it's just starting to get a little ridiculous >.<

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Here's a compromise:

    - once equipped, Essences will be permanently bound to the source machine
    - you can still un-slot them, but only re-slot to the same source machine

    Pros:

    Can rearrange/unequip essences
    Essences are still bound to a single source machine
    No need to overwrite essences
    Essences still need to be re-farmed

    Cons:

    Virtually none
    Last edited by Rodeirk; 04-07-2012 at 08:34 AM.

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    This would be a great change in my opinion. To have a fully optimized sigil for every spec and every situation would be nearly impossible for most players. For example, as a cleric:

    Bis tank mitigation sigil
    Bis tank death resist
    " " " fire resist
    " " " "earth resist
    " " " " water resist

    Bis dps sigil
    Bis dps earth, fire, water, death resist
    Bis dps earth, fire, water, death resist with shaman greater
    Bis heal with purifier great, plus earth, fire, water, death etc

    Without going into further detail, here is an example of how a cleric who fills three roles could easily need over 20 sigils to fit each role.

    Maybe a compromise would be to make the greater slots changeable in order to swap out sole specific greater. But still, being able to swap lessers would make having a fully optimized sigil avaialable for each spec, and each raid situation a possibility.

    As a main spec dps cleric, with tank offspec, i have invested a tremendouns amount of resources just to have a bis dps sigil, full water resist dps sigil, bis tank mitigation sigil, and then i blew 500 stones to make a shaman sigil, which is useless for all other specs. At 600 stones per sigil, it is rather ridiculous to not be able to swap out essences as if it were any other gear slot.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    If changing my gloves doesn't overwrite and destroy my existing gloves, why should an essence in a sigil? The sigil still shows the essences in their individual uniqueness. To have one thing so rigid in a game of flexibility has always irked me a bit.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos the Mage View Post
    If changing my gloves doesn't overwrite and destroy my existing gloves, why should an essence in a sigil? The sigil still shows the essences in their individual uniqueness. To have one thing so rigid in a game of flexibility has always irked me a bit.
    Change your gloves, or re-socket a gem in a piece of jewelry. Which is a little more difficult?

    If you think bag space is at a premium right now, imagine what happens when everyone just buys all the essences they can use and only one source machine.

    I support the idea of being able to remove essences from a source machine by purchasing a single-use item that costs planarite, but making them infinitely swappable with no cost to do so isn't the best way to do it. Make it 5k planarite to extract an essence and we'll call it even.
    Last edited by MajPayne21; 04-09-2012 at 09:16 AM.
    Tenethar -- Cleric -- Justicar Tank/Inquisicar/DPS
    Officer of <Static> -- 11/11 HK -- Wolfsbane PvE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts