+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Request to unequip essences

Rift Disciple

Not sure how I feel about this. On the surface, I think it's a fine idea and I support it. Frankly, I don't really care what other people do, farm or not, if they want to hot swap essences.

For me, I have a DPS sigil and healing sigil. Now I need two (at least) per element. Some of the BiS essences are not from vendors but from Rifts. If one struggles to get the BiS ones from Rifts, then I can see it being painful having several sigils without a way to move essences around. I happen to farm the water raid rifts for the Hailstone Tideshard, but all the healers roll on it. Same now with the fire and earth raid rifts.

The vendor ones - meh, I have about 2K ISS to spend, and that's just from doing my daily IA (ok, maybe 20-30 IAs a day), and all the Rift events I can while I'm on (ok, just tagging the last boss usually), and I do the mobile app scratch off Planar Invasion which actually grants a fair number of ISS. They add up quickly. I don't spend them until I NEED the sigil for raid content to be sure I don't back myself into a corner with a sigil.

From a logistical perspective, it is a pain carrying several around with me all the time and having a hard time figuring out which is which until I equip it.

Ascendant

This is one of Trion's primary time sinks and I really doubt they'd implement this. It's supposed to take a massive amount of time and energy to get the planar equipment you need, because that's basically 1/3rd of the end game.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos the Mage View Post
    If changing my gloves doesn't overwrite and destroy my existing gloves, why should an essence in a sigil? The sigil still shows the essences in their individual uniqueness. To have one thing that actually requires work in a game that has everything handed to me on a silver platter has always irked me a bit.
    Here, I fixed it for you.

How about this:

When you equip an essence, greater or lesser, to a sigil, you have a 25 minute period during which you can remove the essence from your sigil. Once that 25 minute time period has passed, the equipped essence is permanent but can still be overwritten.

The idea is to better usability - "oh crap, I put the wrong essence in" - which is good game design, without removing all permanence of actions, which is, arguably, bad game design.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by MajPayne21 View Post
    Change your gloves, or re-socket a gem in a piece of jewelry. Which is a little more difficult?

If you think bag space is at a premium right now, imagine what happens when everyone just buys all the essences they can use and only one source machine.

I support the idea of being able to remove essences from a source machine by purchasing a single-use item that costs planarite, but making them infinitely swappable with no cost to do so isn't the best way to do it. Make it 5k planarite to extract an essence and we'll call it even.
    Jewelers do that kind of work all day long, so it could logically be added to artificers or a service purchasable from the artificer npc.

Why buy just 1 source machine/sigil? If they are reconfigurable, store your essences in one. Keep a mostly full water sigil, and all you have to do is move over whatever water ones you have from you BIS dps sigil, etc. Or save people from having to build soul specific sigils, just pop out the greater and put in a new one, or a lesser when you change role.

I'm not opposed to there being some cost to change up a sigil, but destroying good essences that are already soulbound anyway just seems too high.

Plane Touched

Perhaps my initial post was unclear. I'm not asking for hot-swappable source machines. I'm asking for an oops mechanic to be put in place. As a rogue DPS/Tank I have 6 cores, 7 if I want to bard, 8 once 1.8 comes out. If I screw one up completely that is a lot of grinding.

What I would like to see is the ability to unsocket a slot for 10K planarite or 15 ISS thus replacing an entire machine would be 60k planarite or 90 ISS. Currently to effectively unsocket a slot it takes 100 ISS, or farming T1/T2 rifts, or repurchasing world event lessers.

By "unsocket" you mean "remove and get the removed essence in your inventory"? Hmmm. Not sure.

As long as we're talking essence reslotting, there's one thing that can cause a lot of trouble, I think: that there some base source machines are better than others.

For example, if you have the "regular" planarite-purchasable source machine, but now you can get the +20 resist source machine. There's no way for you to "move up" to the new source machine without farming all new essences. That seems really really excessive. At the very least, a way to transfer all essences to a new source machine would be nice (i.e. "upgrade source machine"). This "upgrade source machine" mechanic could work well during leveling, too. Go from a 3-slotter to a 4-slotter, prepopulating the 4-slotter with what you already had, leaving one slot open on your new source machine.

If the devs are going to continue creating new source machines that have stats/resists on them, then this kind of thing will have to be addressed, I think. It was probably a mistake for them to add valor/resist to base source machines in the first place, but the cat's out of the bag now.

Quote Originally Posted by silentnights View Post
    Perhaps my initial post was unclear. I'm not asking for hot-swappable source machines. I'm asking for an oops mechanic to be put in place. As a rogue DPS/Tank I have 6 cores, 7 if I want to bard, 8 once 1.8 comes out. If I screw one up completely that is a lot of grinding.

What I would like to see is the ability to unsocket a slot for 10K planarite or 15 ISS thus replacing an entire machine would be 60k planarite or 90 ISS. Currently to effectively unsocket a slot it takes 100 ISS, or farming T1/T2 rifts, or repurchasing world event lessers.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    By "unsocket" you mean "remove and get the removed essence in your inventory"? Hmmm. Not sure.

As long as we're talking essence reslotting, there's one thing that can cause a lot of trouble, I think: that there some base source machines are better than others.

For example, if you have the "regular" planarite-purchasable source machine, but now you can get the +20 resist source machine. There's no way for you to "move up" to the new source machine without farming all new essences. That seems really really excessive. At the very least, a way to transfer all essences to a new source machine would be nice (i.e. "upgrade source machine"). This "upgrade source machine" mechanic could work well during leveling, too. Go from a 3-slotter to a 4-slotter, prepopulating the 4-slotter with what you already had, leaving one slot open on your new source machine.

If the devs are going to continue creating new source machines that have stats/resists on them, then this kind of thing will have to be addressed, I think. It was probably a mistake for them to add valor/resist to base source machines in the first place, but the cat's out of the bag now.
    This is a good point. I've always been at disadvantage with my water resist sigil. I had a normal 6 slot sigil that already had 3 water resist lessers in it. One was from a water RR. I wasn't about to farm all 3 of them over again, keep in mind this was before IA and before it was super easy to get ISS from EI. therefore, I just replaced the other 3 random essences in that sigil rather than refarm all of it and put them into the water resist sigil.

That always really really bugged me. I should be able to upgrade that sigil rather than refarm all 6 lessers.

Qan

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one BUT

My guess is restoring "accidentally" socketed essences takes up a large chunk of the Customer Service department's time.

TRION could make it cost platinum like PA resets. Something like a 20p item that unsockets an essence.
    Adding in another money sink wouldn't hurt, people have too much money and nothing to spend it on.
    Rogue DPS BiS | Critical Hit | Soft Cap: 1187 | Hard Cap: 3163
    Retired | ANet: Qan.4672 | Steam: qankriegor

I would like to see all source machines "Account". The Barnacle Encrusted is, but they should *all* be. I don't want to take all this extra time to redo different resist engines so I can play my alts. It's enough work in the first place.
    Greybriar: Rikko (Warrior) / Mizcreant (Rogue) - Defiant

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zahne View Post
    I would like to see all source machines "Account". The Barnacle Encrusted is, but they should *all* be. I don't want to take all this extra time to redo different resist engines so I can play my alts. It's enough work in the first place.
    I like this idea. I'd make and play a warrior if this was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahne View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how this would help you, considering that shifting who is carrying a source machine won't change the essences in it to be good for another class?

Qan

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how this would help you, considering that shifting who is carrying a source machine won't change the essences in it to be good for another class?
    Thiiiink about iiiiit...

ok

Warrior/Rogue
    Mage/Cleric

can share sigils with minimal loss
    Rogue DPS BiS | Critical Hit | Soft Cap: 1187 | Hard Cap: 3163
    Retired | ANet: Qan.4672 | Steam: qankriegor

Quote Originally Posted by Qan View Post
    Thiiiink about iiiiit...

ok

Warrior/Rogue
    Mage/Cleric

can share sigils with minimal loss
    I spose so. Guess it depends on how much you care about min-maxing.

Also, something like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Qan View Post
    TRION could make it cost platinum like PA resets. Something like a 20p item that unsockets an essence.
    Adding in another money sink wouldn't hurt, people have too much money and nothing to spend it on.
    Would be nice.

I actually like the idea of an Artificer being able to make a consumable that allows you to remove a single planar essence from your sigil/source machine.

Props to whoever mentioned that.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast