Please leave your feedback here on the Looking for Guild feature currently on PTS.
Please leave your feedback here on the Looking for Guild feature currently on PTS.
- Mouse scrolling does not work in the selection results window.
- Message button box needs to be a text area box rather a text input.
- Having everything unchecked really should show all guilds open for recruitment. Right now, it shows an odd combination of recruiting guilds.
- There is a ton of dead zone on this window. Could be made less wide.
- Search: Search window with default (reset button) setings: Type in a guild name shown in the list, press enter. Search goes empty, nothing updates.
- Results: Nothing is sortable. Can't sort by active members, can't sort by name, etc.
- Results: Mousing over the "Looking for:" icons, does not show a tooltip for those icons (as dumb or obvious as it seems).
Add an Window where you can "write something personaly of your Guild" in it..
Like, Core Raiding Guild, Raiding from bla bla..
Same Space as when you type any Testmessage into the Chat-Window.
There is no "addon development" category.
... I say this as an officer of <Lua Lackeys>.
You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)
The Looking for group needs quite a bit of work .
On the main display for each guild including the total guild members in addition to active members would be nice. Including current progression would be nice. Also, most guilds are looking for people that meet a certain criteria in a particular role ( HK ready , ID ready) etc. This needs to be worked in as its useless if a raiding guild gets applicants who are T1 geared when they are looking for T2 .
Roles Available - Kind of useless without a detailed tab - What if a guild needs a mage and now gets applications from rogues when they don't need any . Roles available needs to be broken down by class.
Availability - Useless . What is this for ? Raids ? Dungeon start times ? PvP meet up times ? See what we really need is an in game calendar. I wanna see what the prospective guild has planned and what time they have it planned at. If I'm to move servers this is pretty important.
Would be nice to get an invitation from a guild and click a button have my character transferred and added into the guild automatically.
Where do the messages go ? will there be a guild mailbox ? would be nice if there was. Would like to have the ability to have the applicant submit an app form to the guild mailbox.
Last edited by Kanel32; 03-26-2012 at 09:08 PM.
What exactly do you understand under "active Members". I mean how do you count that number ? Unique accounts with an active subscribtion ? Members online in the last xx days ? Accounts online in the last xx days ?
Rogue TankRaid Tier 1: 4/4 Conquerors | Raid Tier 2: 2/2 Conquerors
Infernal Dawn: 5/8 (HM) | Primeval Feast: 0/?
Not sure if I saw an outdated version but what I saw guilds could only list DPS/Tank/Support/Heal as what they're looking for. Most top level guilds are frequently only recruiting a member for a certain class and so this needs to be implemented.
World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn
Would be interesting to see Trion's definition of Hardcore and Casual as you mouse over those words....
I'm not convinced those would be appropriate selection criteria. They're the only two parameters with widely subjective definitions. Probably best to let guilds and recruits meet and let them sort out their subjective raiding labels themselves.
The type 1 and 2 errors from guilds and players labelling themselves wrongly for the other's opinion would be unhelpfully high.
Trion probably does not need to concern itself with those labels and it's just safer to stick to objective seek parameters.
It's almost better for guilds to manually enter a STR/DEX/CRIT/AP minimum than to let people label each other and themselves subjectively.
This is a fantastic feature which was much missed from EQ2. Matter of fact, I will be installing the PTS client just to test it. I understand its only a very rudimentary form atm, but think this will go a long way towards alleviating recruitment spam on public channels and hopefully give new players a broader, more honest selection of guilds to choose from. However, there are 4 points which concern me:
More Verbs other than Stab
While I understand Trion cannot put in filters for things which violate its own ToS, filters for items such as Kid/Family Friendly, Guild Alliances, Guild Events or Moderated Chat would help players looking for those sort of things in a guild. I agree that "casual" is perhaps not as descriptive as "relaxed" or other various verbs. The more the merrier in this regard, just make sure they are not vague.
Honesty in Advertising
Many guilds have a plethora of inactive accounts and/or a number of alt-aholics, which could serve to artificially boost their numbers in any listings. To circumvent this sort of exploitation, perhaps list only number of Accounts, not Characters in a given guild? "Active" could and should indicate how many Accounts online by last 30 days, last week, last 24 hours and currently online. Instead of availability checkboxes, perhaps have a small color-shaded graph displaying average(mean) accounts online over a 24 hour period? These metrics would of course not be modifiable by the guild, but automatically listed - to keep it honest.
The Search Engine Wars
This was a HUGE problem on EQ2 btw. Similar to being listed in any online search engine, once its discovered how to be listed first or on top, people will exploit this. If it's alphabetical, a number of new guilds all starting with "A" will crop up. If its by average member rating, guilds will start creating alts and infiltrating to down-rate each other. If its by total size, the mom and pop guilds will almost never be visible and become recruitment starved. It would be optimal if no single guild was assured a top listing every time. Perhaps the search being randomly sorted each time the LFG displays results would overcome this? Just make sure the RNG actually works.
Including Playerbase vs Discrimination
LFG feature should be a means to streamline and ease the use of a currently bogged down and tedious process - finding a guild with similar outlook and goals. While many of the larger guilds do currently recruit only specific class+role combinations, I think Trion would be shooting itself in the foot by adding Class filters for recruitment. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought (via hotfixes and the many class re-balances) Trion has been striving all along to make all Classes not equal, but competitive at and capable of fulfilling the same Role. Adding Class filters may discourage this in the long run, by making it easier for guilds to discriminate between Classes and encouraging the existing "flavor of the month" behavior when it comes to BiS soul combos after each patch.
Last edited by Dkknight777; 03-28-2012 at 12:53 PM.
When not in a guild, why does "G" not bring up the LFG interface by default? This is the very first thing I did to try to find it =P
Otherwise from an unguilded POV, looks like a great start!
I second Frod above - unguilded players hitting G should bring up the LFGuild Finder automatically. After firing up the PTS streaming client yesterday and waiting overnight for it to fully download, I noticed a few other things. Either the Message function does not work at all, or it is displaying a number of guilds with offline contacts. I sent myself and many many other guilds messages with the current server time included, then waited quite a bit. No responses were displayed.
- Guilds with no contacts currently online should not be visible at all, by default. Otherwise, imagine the huge amount of dead/inactive guilds that would accumulate on it and bog it down over time.
- Playstyle: Hardcore/Casual/Mixed should be a toggle/pulldown - one or the other, not a checkbox for all 3.
- Guild Listing should have all guilds listed in a truncated format on a single scrollable page, or the less active (mom & pop)guilds will never be seen by the average player. Perhaps show more detailed info(like the description) on click or mouseover?
- Guild Level and Creation Date are missing. Please add.
- Said it previously, but again: More checkboxes for verbs such as Family Friendly, Organized, Relaxed, etc.
- Availability needs a serious makeover - near useless as is. Again, perhaps a pie graph in the shape of a 24 hour clock, with coloration/fill determining(on average) how many members were online during that hour over the course of the last week? This would help keep guilds honest about how many actually login at what hours, and be a useful tool for guild leaders.
- Being able to sort by all numeric filters other than #Active players would be nice. i.e. sort by Creation Date, Current# Online, Guild Level, etc. Perhaps something similar to auction window...
- Make the "Missing Class" Sign´s bigger pls, like double them...
- Let us colour our Text, or Colour Important Words within our Texts...like our Homepages, and so on..
- Use a bigger and different Grafik for the Guildname´s themself..
Love this feature... what most of the guys said above for improvements.
Think the real test would be after it hits live. See if it can handle the volume.
Would be awesome if you could play music when the guild is selected..... would be playing 'No scrubs' all day long :P.
Is there anyway to just browse through all the guilds?
Thoroar - Narcissia - Ricroar - SwimellaI'm @Icewatch, /hug me!