+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Event Thursday, 3/22 @ 4PM PDT Healing, Class Improvements, and Attack Power

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Default PTS Event Thursday, 3/22 @ 4PM PDT Healing, Class Improvements, and Attack Power

It is time once again to smash face! The new class changes are on the PTS, and we're looking for your feedback.

While we’re looking for feedback on all changes scheduled for 1.8, we'd primarily like to hear about class improvements and attack power changes.

Join us on the PTS Thursday, 3/22/12 @ 4:00PM PDT (12AM GMT) for a test of the new PvP improvements!

Our primary focus is to ensure that PvP offers a fun, competitive challenge for anyone who participates, so come help us test the new features!

Character Copy to PTS!

You can now copy your character to the Public Test Shard! Simply click the Transfer button when you’re at Character select on the Live client and select “Copy to PTS” – it’s as easy as that! (though there may be a few bugs/limitations we’re working out). We will no longer be offering Gear/Leveling vendors with the introduction of this feature (except when testing requires it.)

You will need to download the PTS client if you have not done so already, this is approximately the same size as installing the full game and may take some time. For more information about PTS and how to access it please see:

Welcome to the Public Test Shard! – Getting Started

Have fun!
    Last edited by Walsingham; 04-04-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Ascendant

Silly idea to ask for PTS testing on a world event phase change dont you think?

feedback on pvp: worry about pve

some players care about rift pvp, but nobody will join rift FOR pvp
    Last edited by Deathnaught; 03-21-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Soulwalker

I think nerfing warden healing for clerics is a bad idea. Sure some people can't kill them but they don't have to worry about the warden killing them. I can keep my warden alive with 2 or 3 players hitting me but a few of them can still kill me solo. Not to mention often we are marked to be killed first and the entire enemy team is attacking us. No cleric can live long when there is 6 or 7 people dps'ing them down.

Soulwalker

Default Twinks

If you want to fix pvp, make twinks gain exp in war fronts.
    They have made pvp a non viable way to level. 2-3 can ruin a match. If there are more on the other side you auto lose which is not fun. And if you have a lot on your team you auto win which is very boring.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Deathnaught View Post
    feedback on pvp: worry about pve

some players care about rift pvp, but nobody will join rift FOR pvp
    you care about your own opinion , but nobody else will ever
    {WinterXI >>>> 13th Edition}

Rift Disciple

I doubt anyone needs to even log on to tell you the warden changes are awful.

Want to nerf pvp healing? Go ahead, but leave pve out of it.

Here's some feedback

Chloro still is not viable. Chloros need better healing, better direct healing, and better defensive cooldowns. Warlocks need better DoT damage, DoT protection, and you need to fix Neddra's Essence so it does not scale inversely with gear a badly as it does now.

You don't even need a pts event to figure that out.

lets wait till it starts on the 22nd, but for comparison:

atm on live

chloro does very well in warfronts, cleric tops them, but neither go heals since dps has been made more available to them (specifically cleric) wich is odd, since healing clerics are juggernauts.

Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Our primary focus is to ensure that PvP offers a fun, competitive challenge for anyone who participates, so come help us test the new features!
    Tell me, if fun and competitive is your primary focus, then why did you wait an entire year before nerfing flag runner rogues?

Why have you let NB/RS rogues go unadjusted for 3+ patches while they run rampant over all PVP? Even rogues tell you it's a broken spec.

Why do you let Eradicate spam exist in PVP? It's an imbalanced mechanic.

Why does it take 3-4 players to kill a cleric?

Why did you wait an entire patch before fixing warden hots?

Why are Chloromancers so vastly underpowered in PVP?

Why are Pyro/Dom's so vastly overpowered in PVP?

Why do you apply the same damage reduction mechanic to Damage over Time abilities as you do to instant attacks?

Why do warriors have a bunch of 'magic' abilities that cannot be cleansed?

Why are you now buffing warriors to do insane burst damage again? Did you not see the problem in 1.0?

Why do melee characters have 3-5 gap closers and abilities to reduce the cooldown of some of these gap closers to 3 second or less, but ranged characters have 1, maybe 2 gap openers at best?

Why did you not properly rework CC in this game after you changed the diminishing returns in PVP?

Why did you kill many viable mage PVP builds by removing the mage PVP soul and do nothing about it, even though many players told you of the adverse affects?

Why do you let twinks ruin lower level PVP? People cannot level in warfronts anymore because it's completely dominated by twinks.

What you do about your PVP tells a very different story than what you say. I think you are concerned that Guild Wars 2 is going to eat away at even more of your subscription base and you're trying to pay lip service to your PVP in hopes people wont leave.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    Tell me, if fun and competitive is your primary focus, then why did you wait an entire year before nerfing flag runner rogues?

Why have you let NB/RS rogues go unadjusted for 3+ patches while they run rampant over all PVP? Even rogues tell you it's a broken spec.

Why do you apply the same damage reduction mechanic to Damage over Time abilities as you do to instant attacks?

Why are you now buffing warriors to do insane burst damage again? Did you not see the problem in 1.0?

Why do melee characters have 3-5 gap closers and abilities to reduce the cooldown of some of these gap closers to 3 second or less, but ranged characters have 1, maybe 2 gap openers at best?

Why did you not properly rework CC in this game after you changed the diminishing returns in PVP?

Why did you kill many viable mage PVP builds by removing the mage PVP soul and do nothing about it, even though many players told you of the adverse affects?

Why do you let twinks ruin lower level PVP? People cannot level in warfronts anymore because it's completely dominated by twinks.

What you do about your PVP tells a very different story than what you say. I think you are concerned that Guild Wars 2 is going to eat away at even more of your subscription base and you're trying to pay lip service to your PVP in hopes people wont leave.
    Because stone cold said so.

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    Because stone cold said so.
    well that settles it then

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post

Why did warden PvE get the fun taken out of it. It's a fun build and a lot of people play it. Telling them they can't use it in a raid or pug situation because someone else is already using it is stupid and kills fun. /mad
    Last edited by hippyman; 03-21-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Prophet of Telara

I will be on tomorrow, but I want a gm to play on my team as a warden so he can see the results. And if i have SS or HF on some one he better not cast that and steal my heals.

Soulwalker

Default Well Here's a new idea for PVP

Well we do have warfronts to do PVP and yes it does get at times boring and other times interesting depending on who is where and what side they are on.

I honestly would not mind having an area being set up where holding a castle of sorts or a temple of sorts and what ever side that controls it gains lets say 5% more exp and another castle for 5% increase in pvp gains and another castle to gain 5% more loot from rifts. Or something like when one side controls a castle to gain something for the entire faction bonus wise. Of course after gaining a castle make them go 24 hours safe and then back to grabs. That way it would energize the game and defiants and guardians can have a goal and determination to hate each other even more thus increasing peoples interest and more pvp would happen in these special zones.

Oh well just my two cents to the idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast