+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 181
Like Tree56Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: T3: be careful what you're doing

  1. #61
    Rift Disciple Syxx573's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    174

    Default

    You can reach the plateau in PA far below maxing it. People who are going for MAX PA are trying too hard. You can max your SP and important atributes from the current available PA trees in the high 600s. Regarding tier 3 after doing some calculations I only need about 1140 or somewhere around there to max sp and all endurance with a 2h or around 1180 with main hand/off hand combination, even though the MAX is probably between 1300-1500 levels.

  2. #62
    Plane Walker Sunfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceodoc View Post
    Trion Gtz on PA, I love it, you have me playing more than I should/woulda if you had not invented it.

    Trion, make sure the bandaid fix to your lvl cap problem that is PA, is not taken away for all the player base that have worked hard at it.

    ^^^^ Trion the problem is worse than we feared - people are so busy grinding PA to 900 they aren't even stopping to learn English! Something must be done

    Seriously it's way too soon for T3 PA. Let's not forget also the couple people maxed at PA crying for more are mostly people that exploited the Veteran's XP vials when they still worked with quest XP and Chronicle mob farming to crank through whole tiers in a day.
    Last edited by Sunfire; 03-21-2012 at 07:44 AM.

  3. #63
    Rift Disciple Aethilgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imbaslap View Post
    i wont be suprised if guilds start having PA requirements for recruitment for future content. >.>
    Many do already; and quite inadvertently so, in a single question... 'what's your dps?' It doesn't take much to see that top dps requires a very real commitment to PA acquisition.
    DH 4/4, GP 4/4, GSB 5/5, ROS 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 2/4 PF, 2/8 ID

  4. #64
    Rift Disciple Syxx573's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    174

    Default

    BTW I wanted to add, what is the average PA most people get in a month? Around 100 with no grinding? So let's say you reach 1000 after one year since it was released. Does that seem unreasable with all the bonuses you get these days?

    Just because other players are taking the time to level it up before you doesn't mean they have some kind of huge advantage, especially considering the way you can choose to allocate the points.

  5. #65
    Ascendant Rounded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceodoc View Post
    Something like this to start?

    Need to know how strength vs dexterity plays out.

    Another way to put it:
    I am on 580 at the moment and trust me it takes 100's of points to get even anything close to "PVE" useful.
    More like this

    This is still below 66% of the hexes and we're pushing past 500 levels already. No T3 hexes whatsoever.
    Last edited by Rounded; 03-21-2012 at 08:23 AM. Reason: stupid link

  6. #66
    Rift Chaser ceodoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    ^^^^ Trion the problem is worse than we feared - people are so busy grinding PA to 900 they aren't even stopping to learn English! Something must be done

    Seriously it's way too soon for T3 PA. Let's not forget also the couple people maxed at PA crying for more are mostly people that exploited the Veteran's XP vials when they still worked with quest XP and Chronicle mob farming to crank through whole tiers in a day.
    And some people have so little to do, they feel inclined to make these kinda posts.

    To be fair, I agree T3 should be further away though.
    Rift is the Rachael of Bladerunner, we can never know exactly how long it will live, but it will burn so bright whilst it does.


  7. #67
    Rift Chaser ceodoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    More like this

    This is still below 66% of the hexes and we're pushing past 500 levels already. No T3 hexes whatsoever.
    You said Gun not Bow, so why are you filling out Bows? etc etc.

    I think you do not understand how to fill it in properly, forgive me if I am wrong.

    Anyway, as a Cleric I am telling you I can achieve near enough 85% of the "stat" bonuses with less than half of cap PA as it stands.
    I would be surprised if it were any different for other classes.

    No wait. You have different main & OH weapons to cater for....hmmm maybe Rogues get a bit of a raw deal.
    Or your Bis list could be affected by your PA.
    Last edited by ceodoc; 03-21-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    Rift is the Rachael of Bladerunner, we can never know exactly how long it will live, but it will burn so bright whilst it does.


  8. #68
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    I told my guild to tailor their PA totals to what would be necessary for T2. They have done so. In doing so, this has required them to play more than they normally would. They have sacrificed time doing more enjoyable activities in order to have more PA. In fact, most in my guild find grinding PAs unfun and a chore. They do it anyway, because they want to compete in raid content.
    But.. it sounds like you're basically the only reason people in your guild feel the need to grind PA's.
    Last edited by nocks; 03-21-2012 at 08:41 AM.

  9. #69
    Rift Chaser ceodoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Eeeeek

    The Magelo calculator has the stats posted on same page!

    http://rift.magelo.com/en/planar-attunement
    Rift is the Rachael of Bladerunner, we can never know exactly how long it will live, but it will burn so bright whilst it does.


  10. #70
    Ascendant JimboTCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    The main problem with PA is that it forces your hand in weapon choices, unless you have the luxury of being able to max everything.

    For Rogues, dagger/bow is far and away the best choice, as it only requires 3 trees to max all your weapon hexes, and only one of them is an endurance tree. Every other combination requires four trees to max, or has two endurance trees so you get fewer useful DPS stats. It doesn't really help that both ranged weapons are in Life so you're more or less forced to take that for optimum PA allocation, and unless you have insane PA totals there's a huge disadvantage in mixing weapon types.

    I did some testing on the PTS yesterday and I do more DPS at T3 Air with a tank dagger offhand and the ROS relic bow than from using the Akylios gun and a DPS sword. That's just messed up, and when it comes to the point that entire classes and tiers of weapons are more or less useless to you, something needs looking at.

  11. #71
    Ascendant Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aethilgar View Post
    'what's your dps?' It doesn't take much to see that top dps requires a very real commitment to PA acquisition.
    what's your dps?

    physical, I'm a rogue.

    haha, funny, I meant how much

    enough.


    never had problems with discussions like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    The main problem with PA is that it forces your hand in weapon choices, unless you have the luxury of being able to max everything.
    warriors have the same problem. OTOH, if they make it work with every weapon, they'd have to nerf the amount per hex. and 0.025 AP per hex looks not very appealing.
    Last edited by Gray; 03-21-2012 at 10:10 AM.

  12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #72
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Afternoon everyone,

    Just stopping in to thank everyone for their feedback and also let you all know that based on that feedback we have decided to hold back PA Tier 3 until a future update.

    We're very aware that alot of our top tier players are looking forward to Infernal Dawn, and really don't want to feel pressured to also gain more PA levels to fill out T3 nodes so they can be seen as "Competitive". This was never our intent with releasing PA T3.

    In addition there are definately further things we can do to improve the system as well as make it so more players can get in striking distance of being able to purchase Tier 3 bonuses when they go live.

    As such we'll continue to test PA T3 on PTS for a few more weeks so we can continue to get more feedback and then shut it down before we release the 1.8 patch.

    Thanks!
    -Gersh

  13. #73
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    Afternoon everyone,

    Just stopping in to thank everyone for their feedback and also let you all know that based on that feedback we have decided to hold back PA Tier 3 until a future update.

    We're very aware that alot of our top tier players are looking forward to Infernal Dawn, and really don't want to feel pressured to also gain more PA levels to fill out T3 nodes so they can be seen as "Competitive". This was never our intent with releasing PA T3.

    In addition there are definately further things we can do to improve the system as well as make it so more players can get in striking distance of being able to purchase Tier 3 bonuses when they go live.

    As such we'll continue to test PA T3 on PTS for a few more weeks so we can continue to get more feedback and then shut it down before we release the 1.8 patch.

    Thanks!
    -Gersh
    will the level cap still be increased? (above 1034) so the players approaching that aren't forced to stop.
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

  14. #74
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    Afternoon everyone,

    Just stopping in to thank everyone for their feedback and also let you all know that based on that feedback we have decided to hold back PA Tier 3 until a future update.

    We're very aware that alot of our top tier players are looking forward to Infernal Dawn, and really don't want to feel pressured to also gain more PA levels to fill out T3 nodes so they can be seen as "Competitive". This was never our intent with releasing PA T3.

    In addition there are definately further things we can do to improve the system as well as make it so more players can get in striking distance of being able to purchase Tier 3 bonuses when they go live.

    As such we'll continue to test PA T3 on PTS for a few more weeks so we can continue to get more feedback and then shut it down before we release the 1.8 patch.

    Thanks!
    -Gersh
    have you guys considered changing the PA system from primarily stats to primarily fluff? (cool visual effects/weapon glow/ aura's)

    i feel like the "elemental nature" of the PA system is severely underutilized
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 03-21-2012 at 12:35 PM.

  15. #75
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    have you guys considered changing the PA system from primarily stats to primarily fluff? (cool visual effects/weapon glow/ aura's)

    i feel like the "elemental nature" of the PA system is severely underutilized
    it is too late to do that imo. just spread out the time to get to the new tier, can't nerf it at this point
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts