+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 208
Like Tree28Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The fish are biting in Telara!

  1. #166
    Plane Touched Darklady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mining your Iron nodes
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    So you can now target the secret locations in freemarch (I'm about to check Silverwood but from what I hear they are currently only in freemarch). However they still don't APPEAR to do anything. Now I did notice there is an achievement for catching "trophy" fish. Maybe these trophy fish from the secret spots? Can we get confirmation on this? i don't want to waste time testing it if thats not the case.
    The Trophy Fish are artifacts and they drop from the water in which you fish the non-trophy version of the fish. For example let's take:
    • Lesser Crystalfish - originaly drops from Stonefield/Gloamwood shallow water, the Trophy Lesser Crystalfish will drop from Stonefield/Gloamwood shallow water;
    • Smooth Minnow - originaly drops from Freemarch/Silverwood shallow water, the Trophy Smooth Minnow is going to drop from Freemarch/Silverwood shallow water.
    I've got about 20 of these trophies and they all seem to stick to the pattern.

    PS - Looking to trade fishing artifacts on PTS !
    Visit my Rift Gameplay Blog

  2. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    So you can now target the secret locations in freemarch (I'm about to check Silverwood but from what I hear they are currently only in freemarch). However they still don't APPEAR to do anything. Now I did notice there is an achievement for catching "trophy" fish. Maybe these trophy fish from the secret spots? Can we get confirmation on this? i don't want to waste time testing it if thats not the case.

    Thats all I got right now. Still hoping for a little more with this, but this is still a pretty solid base that you guys can add upon. Need to get secret spots up in every zone though. And we need deep water in Stillmoor.
    The secret spots in Freemarch were a test and will be later added to each zone that is allowed fishing, except the location "Lake of Solace".

    I can confirm that these secret spots are just as mentioned, they increase the chance of getting rare fish and artifact items.

    However after 5 minutes they do despawn after # of fishing attempts, this includes fails and successes.

    To fish at these fishing spots, you need to mouse over the water until you find the area that has the "Name place" of that secret spot, for example "Crystal Bundle" or "Pond Weeds".

    And when I mean "Mouse Over" I mean you have to have the fishing icon active to search for the secret spot, and then fish.

    I have found that the secret spots have different characteristics. So for example. "Pond Weeds" gave me a higher chance to catch rare fish, while "Crystal Bundle" gave me a higher chance to obtain an artifact.

    The chance increase on these secret spots, after a few testing is a 65% chance. These does stack with lures that increases chance.

    Secret spots will always give you a "Green" fish or artifact with a 30% chance of the catch is "Blue" fish or artifact.


    The respawn time is very low *20-30 minutes*, which makes sense to give competition to farmers. The secret spot with competition will last against 3-4 fishers.


    I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Toxen; 03-28-2012 at 06:07 AM.

  3. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    715

    Default Bug Issue

    NPC: "Jayne" <Quarry Rats Fish Exchange> is bugged and will only offer "Green" fish exchange at the moment and not the rare fish exchange.

  4. #169
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Cyliena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    I completed the "Fishing Lessons" quest on my Guardian (and also trained to Novice and purchased a pole in Sanctum), and I thought that Molly was supposed to have a quest called "Shallow Water Fishing" but she is not offering it to me.

    I just tried the same on my Defiant, but this time did not train fishing or buying a pole first. I am being offered the Shallow Water Fishing quest on her.

    It would be nice if you're offered the quest regardless of whether or not you already trained fishing or purchased a fishing pole!

  5. #170
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyliena View Post
    I completed the "Fishing Lessons" quest on my Guardian (and also trained to Novice and purchased a pole in Sanctum), and I thought that Molly was supposed to have a quest called "Shallow Water Fishing" but she is not offering it to me.

    I just tried the same on my Defiant, but this time did not train fishing or buying a pole first. I am being offered the Shallow Water Fishing quest on her.

    It would be nice if you're offered the quest regardless of whether or not you already trained fishing or purchased a fishing pole!
    yeah i was wondering about that shallow deep water quest that dissapeared or never appeared also

  6. #171
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanil View Post
    yeah i was wondering about that shallow deep water quest that dissapeared or never appeared also
    having said that...i found that the trainer at freemarch has all 3 of the quests.. which as a guardian i completed...go figure....only found one secret spot...along the coastline...i like the idea

  7. #172
    Rift Disciple Pitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    139

    Default

    There needs to be weight on the fishes, and a ladder for who caught the biggest type of that fish.

    E.G. - I'm at the top of the ladder for catching a 740 pound Blue Marlin.
    Server: Laethys, Guild: Nefarious, Char: Ebonella

    my web design: http://www.advancedws.com.au
    I7920, x58 ud3r, 2x5870 crossfire, 3x27"@6080x1080 eyefinity, 6gig, 64&128G SSD, g15, g5, win7x64, hvr2200.

  8. #173
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Cyliena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanil View Post
    having said that...i found that the trainer at freemarch has all 3 of the quests.. which as a guardian i completed...go figure....only found one secret spot...along the coastline...i like the idea
    I wonder if just the Guardian one is bugged then. I tried unlearning Fishing and selling off my fishing pole, and Molly wouldn't offer Shallow Water Fishing. Tried re-learning fishing and she still didn't offer it. Sighed and bought the pole and gave up trying to get it. For some reason I doubt having Guardians trek out to Kelari Refuge is intended. ;)

  9. #174
    Plane Touched Darklady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mining your Iron nodes
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Found 2 more bugs while fishing:

    1. The special fishing spots in Freemarch can spawn on top of each other. Found a Fish Lotus being humped by a Bettershoot.
    2. You might want to take a look at the Rare Fish of Scarlet Gorge and Scarwood Reach artifact set. Instead of being composed out of the combined green and blue fishes from the two areas it's identical to the Scarlet Gorge Fishing Trophies artifact set and contains only fish from Scarlet Gorge. Think someone mixed something up there.

    One more suggestion while we are at it. Could it be possible to not fish zone artifacts while fishing but only fishing artifacts ? They already have a small drop rate and when you use one of those artifact lures and you end up with zone artifacts that you collected 1 year ago it's kinda depressing.
    Visit my Rift Gameplay Blog

  10. #175
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default Fishing averages, bugs, and questions!

    Did a few 100 cast, no lure tests to see what types of averages I was getting and how the results felt. Hereís the notes on Stillmoor, Shimmersand, and Ember Isle (shallow water), along with a bug and a question:

    Stillmoor. 100 shallow water casts, no lure:
    40 Brown Perch
    20 Firebelly Snapper
    5 Moorleaper
    6 Tiny Conch
    26 Algae Frond
    2 Mathosian Treasure Chest
    1 Dropped Tail

    Great ratios, imo. Mathosian Treasure Chest *might* be a little high, I'll need more 100 cast tests to average it out.

    Stillmoor. 100 deep water casts, no lure:
    Deep water NYI

    Shimmersand. 100 shallow water casts, no lure:
    23 Coral Prawn
    7 Powdernose Crab (6 of which were caught in my first 30 casts)
    8 Brightwater Octopus (6 of which were caught in my last 50 casts)
    27 Brown Perch - Out of zone fish and highest single catch. In my first 50 casts it was 2 to 1 vs Coral Prawn
    14 Tiny Conch
    14 Algae Frond
    6 Dropped Tail
    1 Artifact

    Rng is rng is rng, but as I have mentioned many times, out-of-zone fish just should not be the largest single catch in any given zone. A zones common fish should easily be the highest single catch. I understand sharing out-of-zone fish, even though the implementation is very inconsistent between zones, but please tone down the chance to be no more than a little higher than the zones green drop fish (assuming that fishes rarity isn't actually lower than the zone blue drop fish!).

    Shimmersand. 100 deep water casts, no lure:
    33 Sunny Puffer - white
    7 Desert Seabug - green
    5 Sand Nautilus - blue
    27 Teal Grouper - white - glad to see it since Stillmoor has no deep water, but this fish belongs to Stillmoor and is at too high a ratio here
    20 Algae Frond
    6 - Tiny Conch
    1 - Dropped Tail
    1 - Trophy Fish

    Ember Isle
    100 Shallow water casts, no lure:
    6 - Ember Stoneskin - green
    7 - Amphibious Jelly - blue
    19 - Isle Crab - white
    31 - Brown Perch - Same as usual, way too high for an out-of-zone fish
    1 - Dropped Tail
    12 - Tiny Conch
    21 - Algae Frond
    3 - Artifacts

    Terrible feeling ratios. If trash seems to be an average of 30% chance, then I expect no less than 25-35% of my zone catch to be local white fish. Maybe 15, 10, and 5 for out-of-zone, green, and blue, respectively. The final 5% could be a mix of artifacts, chests, etc..


    A bug I noticed after training Master Fishing and Survival (may have existed prior but hadnít noticed):

    Opening the profession window will show Grandmaster x/300. Successfully catching something with the window open updates the text from Grandmaster to the correct Master. Changing professions within the opened window and switching back to fishing or survival resets the text back to X/300 Grandmaster. This seems to be reproducible only if Survival or Fishing is opened first, specifically from a hotkey, and then switched to the other via hotkey.

    A random question I have:

    Tooltips - I do not have them for fishing, yet it seems as though others are referring often to some fishing mouse-over tooltip. Is there something Iím missing?

    Thanks as always!

  11. #176
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default

    all deep water in stillmoor seems to have been removed..or is at least not showing at present in any of the 3 previous spots.

  12. #177
    Plane Touched Darklady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mining your Iron nodes
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frod View Post
    Did a few 100 cast, no lure tests to see what types of averages I was getting and how the results felt. Hereís the notes on Stillmoor, Shimmersand, and Ember Isle (shallow water), along with a bug and a question:

    Stillmoor. 100 shallow water casts, no lure:
    40 Brown Perch
    20 Firebelly Snapper
    5 Moorleaper
    6 Tiny Conch
    26 Algae Frond
    2 Mathosian Treasure Chest
    1 Dropped Tail

    Great ratios, imo. Mathosian Treasure Chest *might* be a little high, I'll need more 100 cast tests to average it out.

    Stillmoor. 100 deep water casts, no lure:
    Deep water NYI

    Shimmersand. 100 shallow water casts, no lure:
    23 Coral Prawn
    7 Powdernose Crab (6 of which were caught in my first 30 casts)
    8 Brightwater Octopus (6 of which were caught in my last 50 casts)
    27 Brown Perch - Out of zone fish and highest single catch. In my first 50 casts it was 2 to 1 vs Coral Prawn
    14 Tiny Conch
    14 Algae Frond
    6 Dropped Tail
    1 Artifact
    If you want to compare some fishing numbers check this out: Rift Fishing Guide . I've been making some 100 catches statistics myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frod View Post
    Rng is rng is rng, but as I have mentioned many times, out-of-zone fish just should not be the largest single catch in any given zone. A zones common fish should easily be the highest single catch. I understand sharing out-of-zone fish, even though the implementation is very inconsistent between zones, but please tone down the chance to be no more than a little higher than the zones green drop fish (assuming that fishes rarity isn't actually lower than the zone blue drop fish!).
    I think it's normal that the 2 white fish in each water type should constitute about 70-80% of the total catch. Followed by 10-15% blue fish and the rest should be artifacts and blue items. The fact that same level range areas share the same white fish, I think it's just a way of not overdoing it. In the end the majority of the fish you will use are the ones from the end zones, like Ember Isle, SS and SM so having different fish types for each low level area will only cluster your bags with something that you will seldom use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frod View Post
    Terrible feeling ratios. If trash seems to be an average of 30% chance, then I expect no less than 25-35% of my zone catch to be local white fish. Maybe 15, 10, and 5 for out-of-zone, green, and blue, respectively. The final 5% could be a mix of artifacts, chests, etc..
    You will notice that once you reach 300 skill you will catch no more junk. Then the percentages will become something around: 60-70% white fish, 10-20% green and around 5-10% blue fish + other chest/artifacts drops. Also you will notice that if you go fish in Stonefield for example with 300 skill the % changes, the chance of you catching blue fish increasing dramatically all the way up to 25%.
    Also it seems that the higher the skill level the more inclined you are to catch blue artifacts. To prove this I can screenshot my "double" artifact bags. They are full with blue fishing artifacts that I got 3-4 even 5 times. Most of my fishing artifact sets contain the blue or green artifact and missing the all the white ones. Maybe Trion would like to take a look at the drop rate of the blue artifacts, something is fishy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Frod View Post
    Tooltips - I do not have them for fishing, yet it seems as though others are referring often to some fishing mouse-over tooltip. Is there something Iím missing?
    Click your fishing pole and hover your mouse over the water. Don't cast the line, just hover your mouse. You will see something like "Deep Water. Require 210 skill. Your skill 300". This is how you make sure you are fishing in the special fishing spots in Freemarch. You hover over the water until it says the name of the special spot and not deep water or shallow water

    I hope this will help you
    Visit my Rift Gameplay Blog

  13. #178
    Plane Touched Darklady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mining your Iron nodes
    Posts
    212

    Default What happen to the special fishing spots ?!

    I woke up this morning and the pretty special fishing spots from Freemarch got replaced with some ugly, barely visible swirling fish ! Horrible. Could it be possible to revert to the original idea ? It is a lot more interesting to chase around after spots you need or you want, like the Crystal of Bounty for example.

    This is the example of pretty interesting original idea: Before
    This is the example of something unnecessary and not so visible if you ask me: After
    Could we go back to how it was ? And could you fix the Striated Crab from IPP and add some Deep water in Stillmoor so we can get the achievements ?
    Visit my Rift Gameplay Blog

  14. #179
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady View Post
    Click your fishing pole and hover your mouse over the water. Don't cast the line, just hover your mouse. You will see something like "Deep Water. Require 210 skill. Your skill 300". This is how you make sure you are fishing in the special fishing spots in Freemarch. You hover over the water until it says the name of the special spot and not deep water or shallow water

    I hope this will help you
    Thanks for all the feedback! What I'm saying is that I do not have tooltips for fishing, at all. The only time I ever saw a tooltip was when I was too low a level to fish in a zone. Standing in the water on EI I can leave the cursor hovering over fishable water for any period of time, never, ever receiving a tooltip. I'm assuming it's a bug or some bizzare setting that wasn't intended to be linked to fishing tooltips (as I get all other tooltips in the game since they can't actually be disabled, even when set to invisible!), which is why I'm reporting it I've switched to another character, trained fishing, and indeed that character does have fishing tooltips for fishing, but my main does not and has not Go Go Trion bug squashing team, attack!

  15. #180
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    3,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady View Post
    I woke up this morning and the pretty special fishing spots from Freemarch got replaced with some ugly, barely visible swirling fish ! Horrible. Could it be possible to revert to the original idea ? It is a lot more interesting to chase around after spots you need or you want, like the Crystal of Bounty for example.

    This is the example of pretty interesting original idea: Before
    This is the example of something unnecessary and not so visible if you ask me: After
    Could we go back to how it was ? And could you fix the Striated Crab from IPP and add some Deep water in Stillmoor so we can get the achievements ?
    Can't agree with this. The way it is now makes alot more sense. Though maybe we could have both? Make the schools of fish, fish specific (WoW does this) and the locations more spots for getting rare, unusual fish. Honestly the way the secret locations work right now I have to question why they were put in at all. They serve no real purpose that most players will see. Maybe if you do 100 catch stats but most players are gonna see it as a waste and won't bother. You guys have a extra week now to work on this which is good cause it still has some issues. Expansion aside, even if you get the secret locations in at all zones and add in rare fish later its better than trying to add in a bunch of new fish types and not having time to do it right. I'd rather the backbone of the system be added in and then expanded upon. But that means the secret spots need to be in more than just Freemarch.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts