+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Crafted Item Slot - Seals

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Yolen View Post
    I must be too stupid because I don't get the logic of introducing this besides inflating stats a bit.
    Make crafters an essential part of gearing to make them feel useful.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    Last time I checked, crafting is useful (in pretty much every scenario).

So far my understanding is:

Seals occupy a new gear slot, like the addition of Synergy Crystals do.

They are crafted by different professions and require a variety of mats, including some which are presumed to drop from Hammerknell for the epic recipes.

As they are craftable they may be augmented during creation.

My problem is Trion is releasing these at a time when a lot of guilds are about to leave Hammerknell and not go back until they've cleared Infernal Dawn. If that is where the mats drop then I'll be very annoyed since I'll have to spend a lot of money to buy it off someone who's guild is still working on HK when I've spent months in there already. The only other alternative is for my guild to spend one of our raid nights doing Hammerknell all over again and not in Infernal Dawn doing the new content we've been waiting so long for.
    Doesn't even play this game

Hmm, useful.

I'm a crafter, I cover every craft, I don't raid, I have no interest in raiding.

I have about ~200 MCM's (and probably the same number of unused lures) every recipe, as yet there are no new recipes to spend them on, I have more plat than i know what to do with (read nothing at all to buy). None of which came from crafting btw.

So there are some new seal recipes, great, spend some MCM's make my self some +25 stat seals for all my chars.

But wait, there are +33 (or is it 35?) seals, which I can buy but can't craft as the recipes cost not MCM's but GMoA.

So, someone who raids but has never crafted and doesn't care for crafting can train a craft, use some of the mats that Telara is awash with (or a tiny bit of plat to buy said mats), stand at a bench for an hour and be 300 skill, use 20 of the several hundred GMoA that are no use to him and craft himself, with the raid drop mat, the far better seal. He can then sell me seals.

That's how useful my crafting is, even less useful than what has been THE most useless thing in game all along, platinum.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 03-18-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

You can get GMoA through Daily experts or Master Mode dungeons, you don't need to raid.

Especially since 20 per recpie isn't like buying a whole set of gear for 500+ GMoA.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 03-18-2012 at 02:52 PM.
    Doesn't even play this game

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    So far my understanding is:

Seals occupy a new gear slot, like the addition of Synergy Crystals do.

They are crafted by different professions and require a variety of mats, including some which are presumed to drop from Hammerknell for the epic recipes.

As they are craftable they may be augmented during creation.

My problem is Trion is releasing these at a time when a lot of guilds are about to leave Hammerknell and not go back until they've cleared Infernal Dawn. If that is where the mats drop then I'll be very annoyed since I'll have to spend a lot of money to buy it off someone who's guild is still working on HK when I've spent months in there already. The only other alternative is for my guild to spend one of our raid nights doing Hammerknell all over again and not in Infernal Dawn doing the new content we've been waiting so long for.
    it really depends on how Trion does it (with what drops it and at what rate). But I really expect AH to be flooded with those after a while with all the people that won't be stepping in ID for a bit. And all those incoming 10/11 pugs with people who will be rolling non stop on those to sell them.

Shadowlander

im just wondering are they changeable like synergy crystals u know get 2 seals that are good for your class or cn u just use one and not switch them

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by deansmith View Post
    im just wondering are they changeable like synergy crystals u know get 2 seals that are good for your class or cn u just use one and not switch them
    It's just another item slot like belt, synergy crystal, or rings. Why wouldn't you be able to switch them around?

yup you can equip a seal and unequip it just as easily, however they are just basically boring stat items along the lines of +15 dex or +23 end etc

Plane Touched

I placed a flawless vitalium augment in the +33 endurance recipe (HK vendor). Previews to +38 endurance. So the epic augments are currently giving:

Primary stat (end, wis): +5
    Secondary greater stat (ap, sp, dodge): +3
    Secondary lesser stat (spell/phys crit): +5
    Split stat (end + wis): +3 end +2 wis

Augments aren't going to be adding any real variety.

Oh one exception. Blue valorstone: +22 valor. That's a bit nifty.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    I have been watching this but I am so confused.

First, what are seals for and their purpose?

Second, what enchants can be attached to seals?

and Third, are there anymore uses to it?

Edit: I suppose I am looking for a Guide is what I am saying.
    1) Seals are a new gearslot (under boots) for a high level character to equip a crafted item.
    2)Augments can be crafted into them, but at this time there are no enchants for this slot.
    3)Nope, it's just another gearslot for up to +38 of a primary stat. Or +33 primary stat, +22 valor if you pvp.

Guide:
    Crafters get recipes from trainer, mastercraft vendors, and hk vendor. Crafter uses appropriate mats and augment to create stat boosting gear for newly implemented gear slot for high level characters. Lowest level seal is level 40 for +9 stat + augment. Best level 50 ones require to be announced raid2 drop for +33 stat + augment.
    Last edited by Randhi; 03-19-2012 at 11:42 AM.

but at this time there are no enchants for this slot.
    From the OP.

Rage Runeshards and Recondite Runeshards have been updated to include the Seal slot and can be applied to the new items.

I don't log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    Hmm, useful.

I'm a crafter, I cover every craft, I don't raid, I have no interest in raiding.

I have about ~200 MCM's (and probably the same number of unused lures) every recipe, as yet there are no new recipes to spend them on, I have more plat than i know what to do with (read nothing at all to buy). None of which came from crafting btw.

So there are some new seal recipes, great, spend some MCM's make my self some +25 stat seals for all my chars.

But wait, there are +33 (or is it 35?) seals, which I can buy but can't craft as the recipes cost not MCM's but GMoA.

So, someone who raids but has never crafted and doesn't care for crafting can train a craft, use some of the mats that Telara is awash with (or a tiny bit of plat to buy said mats), stand at a bench for an hour and be 300 skill, use 20 of the several hundred GMoA that are no use to him and craft himself, with the raid drop mat, the far better seal. He can then sell me seals.

That's how useful my crafting is, even less useful than what has been THE most useless thing in game all along, platinum.
    Protip: It's always been stated that those who participate in the whole game will have more available to them than those who participate in limited portions of it. Most MMOs are this way.

Crafting is not useless.
    Everyone has crafted pieces in the top-5 of their equipment lists.
    Everyone uses crafted runes.
    Everyone uses potions. Some also use dyes.
    Everyone uses equipment enhancements.

So please, tell me, what is so useless about crafting? Aside from the fact that you can't log in and make something all the time to earn more "useless" plat?

The fact is there will be a VERY high market for the crafted seals coming out of the gate, especially if the GMoA recipe requires an HK drop.

The worst case scenario here is that they will be just like the 1.4 Crafted recipes - by which I mean always useful to every fresh-50 and every fresh-HK raider.

Protip: It's always been stated that those who participate in the whole game will have more available to them than those who participate in limited portions of it. Most MMOs are this way.

Crafting is not useless.
    Everyone has crafted pieces in the top-5 of their equipment lists.
    Everyone uses crafted runes.
    Everyone uses potions. Some also use dyes.
    Everyone uses equipment enhancements.

So please, tell me, what is so useless about crafting? Aside from the fact that you can't log in and make something all the time to earn more "useless" plat?

The fact is there will be a VERY high market for the crafted seals coming out of the gate, especially if the GMoA recipe requires an HK drop.

The worst case scenario here is that they will be just like the 1.4 Crafted recipes - by which I mean always useful to every fresh-50 and every fresh-HK raider.
    Ermm, my reply was to the response when someone asked about seals, the response was "Make crafters an essential part of gearing to make them feel useful."

It makes my crafting less useful, not more useful. Where did you get anything about any other part of crafting from?

As for "Protip: It's always been stated that those who participate in the whole game will have more available to them than those who participate in limited portions of it."

The seals are available to me, to buy. Nothing to do with my participation or my crafting.

I don't log in anymore.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    Ermm, my reply was to the response when someone asked about seals, the response was "Make crafters an essential part of gearing to make them feel useful."
    I was just saying what the developers have said their reason for creating these was. I don't really agree with it myself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast