+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: [BUG] Energy Regen

Default [BUG] Energy Regen

Please let me explain my point of view on this first before saying it's not a bug.
    I would like to once more point out the importance of this major issue with Rogues energy starvation. It's been mentioned many times by other people but after 3 patch notes there is still no sign of this issue being even looked at by Devs, which upsets me quite a lot.
    As you already know most of our top DPS specs are energy starved even with Fervor + Tablet which doesn't make any sense at all. This means there is absolutely no way we can preform to our full potential in those specs simply because game does not allow us to do so. I consider Energy Starvation for Rogues being a Bug simply because it doesn't work how it was intended. Trion should have thought about all possible specs being created by players and at least give them a chance to preform to their full potential with buffs/consumables. Other callings never had issues like that, even dps Warriors pre 1.7 had a chance of not being energy starved by using tablets + energy buffs and now they don't even need tablets at all.
    Please Devs take a moment of your precious time and run just a few tests on specs like THIS and you will see it with your own eyes.

Blightweald EU
    STORM
    Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

RIFT Guide Writer
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

Soulwalker

You have explained your point of view, now I will be happy to tell you that this is not a bug.

Everyone should have to manage their resources, if anything the fact that some specs/callings don't have any sort of starvation issues would be the bug... not the other way around.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Emesis View Post
    You have explained your point of view, now I will be happy to tell you that this is not a bug.

Everyone should have to manage their resources, if anything the fact that some specs/callings don't have any sort of starvation issues would be the bug... not the other way around.
    3 out of 4 classes doesn't have to manage their primary resource. 1 does. You can be philosophical about it if you want, but when 3 out of 4 doesn't and the 4th does, the 4th IS A BUG.

Quote Originally Posted by Emesis View Post

There are some specs that will never get you energy starved but thats mainly BD hybrids with Power Regen but they aren't that great DPS wise. Mages with their infinite mana ? If those are bugs then I don't know what to think. I would trade my power bar even for clerics just to get starved after 3-4 mins into the fight.
    I'm not asking for any DMG buffs, we don't need that. I'm asking Devs to look at this issue and respond why Rogues are in such disadvantageous position compared to other 3 callings. If they could at least explain their point of view we would know how they intended it to be.
    Last edited by PORTERR; 02-29-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Blightweald EU
    STORM
    Rogue

Working as intended.
    _______****Warrior - Yes it's me!****_________

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by PORTERR View Post
    I'm not asking for any DMG buffs, we don't need that. I'm asking Devs to look at this issue and respond why Rogues are in such disadvantageous position compared to other 3 callings. If they could at least explain their point of view we would know how they intended it to be.
    If you can use any skill at any time it's dmg buff - why else would you be starved ;)

Originally the idea with1s GCD rogue that they have a big burst in the first 6s but then get slowed down by energy regen. The game has moved on though...

It's probably hard to understand for a mighty stealth-overlord rogue - but while mana is no problem for mages, they still have to manage it. Using charge for mana is a dps loss, using health fro mana uses an GCD that deals no damage. Having crits return mana means you spent 2-5 points not directly boosting damage, having the mana-dot is just lazy ;)
    Clerics have it way harder - from the three healing-only souls only warden has a minor mana-cd (15% with 120s cd) - using it is a gcd you were not healing - so it has to be managed. Only cabba has an active mana-regen that is no dps-loss in an aoe-situation, Inqui's channel-spell is a dps loss and you have to manage to stand those 3s perfectly still.
    Shaman has a passive mana return, all melee-souls have a 60s cd that has to be managed - you have to hit something for 10s, if you screw it you'll have to take a pot and try again in 60s

There are 3 souls in the game (cabba, shaman, archon) that have no mana-management and only archon has it below 16 points. Most cleric builds need their 51 points, at least for damage. For healing you can't use the shaman one and the cabba one would make your healing very poor.

Now mana-management isn't hard in this game, but it is there

Plane Walker

As a mage with like 11k mana, I can run out of mana all the time, it's quite easy really...

Honestly, I don't think charge is fair, we can't have 100% up time on internalize charge, that's obviously a bug. We should be able to gain charge while IC is active.
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    3 out of 4 classes doesn't have to manage their primary resource. 1 does. You can be philosophical about it if you want, but when 3 out of 4 doesn't and the 4th does, the 4th IS A BUG.
    There is nothing true in any of what you just said. Clerics have mana issues, Mages have mana issues, Warriors sob uncontrollably the moment they lose Fervor or Living Energy (I can't speak for Warriors when they do have reduced ability cost up).

That is, including Rogues, at least 3 out of 4 classes that DO have to manage their primary resources. You're kidding yourself claiming anything otherwise.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    There is nothing true in any of what you just said. Clerics have mana issues, Mages have mana issues, Warriors sob uncontrollably the moment they lose Fervor or Living Energy (I can't speak for Warriors when they do have reduced ability cost up).

That is, including Rogues, at least 3 out of 4 classes that DO have to manage their primary resources. You're kidding yourself claiming anything otherwise.
    Dps clerics have infinite mana gains through their abilities.
    Dps mages have the ability to gain large amounts of mana at the cost of a gcd.
    Dps warriors have 0 starvation issues in a raid situation.

Dps rogues are energy starved while in a raid with Fervor and a tablet.
    Seems fair?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by farore View Post
    Dps clerics have infinite mana gains through their abilities.
    Dps mages have the ability to gain large amounts of mana at the cost of a gcd.
    Dps warriors have 0 starvation issues in a raid situation.

Dps rogues are energy starved while in a raid with Fervor and a tablet.
    Seems fair?
    I will point out that warriors spend at least a point into energy management talents (more in most cases, though fully relic geared warriors can get away with 1 point in grim most of the time) for any real dps spec. I think the solution rogues should get for their energy issues should be in talents that lower energy cost/ regen energy on a condition like warrior talents, and that way they can spec to never run out of energy, or spec to need a tablet/VoJ to stay energy sufficient.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    I have a 50 cleric. Clerics don't have mana issues on the DPS side. On the healing side, they only run into mana issues if spamming AoE heals. And they are pretty easily solved via MoT pots.

Mages really don't have any issues. Even without using any of the regen abilities, mages can go for almost eternity before they run out of mana and when they do 1GCD and they are basically back to full.

A solo rogue is energy starved in under 10 seconds. This extends out to maybe 30-40s in a raid. A DPS cleric can go for 6-8 MINUTES before he even needs to look at his mana bar. Same for a Mage. Most fights don't last more than 5 minutes.

I have a 50 cleric. Clerics don't have mana issues on the DPS side. On the healing side, they only run into mana issues if spamming AoE heals. And they are pretty easily solved via MoT pots.

Mages really don't have any issues. Even without using any of the regen abilities, mages can go for almost eternity before they run out of mana and when they do 1GCD and they are basically back to full.

A solo rogue is energy starved in under 10 seconds. This extends out to maybe 30-40s in a raid. A DPS cleric can go for 6-8 MINUTES before he even needs to look at his mana bar. Same for a Mage. Most fights don't last more than 5 minutes.
    Sounds fair rogues do insane DPS in said spec anyway no need to make that more OP.
    _______****Warrior - Yes it's me!****_________

Banned

Clerics don't have mana issues on the DPS side. On the healing side, they only run into mana issues if spamming AoE heals.
    This is incorrect, if you are a cleric spamming AOE heals you probably are an -icar... and more likely you are in inquisicar, which have both aggressive renewal and purpose. If you run out of mana with those two you are terrible.

Rogues really are the only class that even has to think about resource management.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast