+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: [BUG] Energy Regen

Ascendant

I'm not sure if I am for or against rogue energy changes, but this definitely is not a [BUG]. Adding that to get your idea more attention will just get it the wrong kind of attention.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    I'm not sure if I am for or against rogue energy changes, but this definitely is not a [BUG]. Adding that to get your idea more attention will just get it the wrong kind of attention.
    The complaint is from a rogue, it will not get any attention no matter what anyone says or puts in front of it.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    3 out of 4 classes doesn't have to manage their primary resource. 1 does. You can be philosophical about it if you want, but when 3 out of 4 doesn't and the 4th does, the 4th IS A BUG.
    I'm guessing you've never tried raiding as a cleric, or you'd realise just how silly you sound right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    The complaint is from a rogue, it will not get any attention no matter what anyone says or puts in front of it.
    Lies, some rogue posts get "moderated" :P

RIFT Guide Writer

If you were for warriors to get a power regeneration boost then you should also be for rogues getting an energy regeneration boost. The situation is similar except for rogues being more starved than warriors were.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    If you were for warriors to get a power regeneration boost then you should also be for rogues getting an energy regeneration boost. The situation is similar except for rogues being more starved than warriors were.
    Rogues being more starved on a ST spec than warriors were in an AoE spec.

There Fixed it.

Ascendant

If I recall correctly (and I do) Rogues actually got their energy regen fix in 1.5. Then Warriors got one in 1.7 to put them on par with Rogues. And now Rogues need another one because....?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    I'm guessing you've never tried raiding as a cleric, or you'd realise just how silly you sound right now.
    I raid HK as a cleric, and fully stand by my comment. Clerics really don't have any real energy issues.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by nocks View Post
    If I recall correctly (and I do) Rogues actually got their energy regen fix in 1.5. Then Warriors got one in 1.7 to put them on par with Rogues. And now Rogues need another one because....?
    Rogues got an under 15% energy regen increase. Warriors have received an across the board energy cost reduction plus a 30% energy regen increase. The average warrior ability cost 17 or less energy and they regened 15 energy per GCD for a disparity of 12%. The average rogue ability costs 30 or more energy and they regen 23 energy per GCD for a disparity of 23%.

Currently warriors regen more energy in a GCD than almost all warrior abilities cost. Rogues however lose energy every GCD. Reality is that warriors have benefited from an across the board cost reduction and a regen buff ~2x larger than rogues ever received.
    Last edited by Durango; 03-01-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Ascendant

Rogues got an under 15% energy regen increase. Warriors have received an across the board energy cost reduction plus a 30% energy regen increase. The average warrior ability cost 17 or less energy and they regened 15 energy per GCD for a disparity of 12%. The average rogue ability costs 30 or more energy and they regen 23 energy per GCD for a disparity of 23%.

Currently warriors regen more energy in a GCD than almost all warrior abilities cost. Rogues however lose energy every GCD. Reality is that warriors have benefited from an across the board cost reduction and a regen buff ~2x larger than rogues ever received.
    Yeah, well... uhh...

Rogues have stealth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nocks View Post
    Yeah, well... uhh...

Rogues have stealth.
    and bard, don't forget bard.

RIFT Guide Writer

Serious question, are you for or against warrior power regen buff?
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

stealth and bard argument spotted!!!

Rogues got an energy boost and are still energy starved.

Warriors got an energy boost and are no longer energy starved.

Just asking for equality here.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

I have a 50 cleric. Clerics don't have mana issues on the DPS side. On the healing side, they only run into mana issues if spamming AoE heals. And they are pretty easily solved via MoT pots.

Mages really don't have any issues. Even without using any of the regen abilities, mages can go for almost eternity before they run out of mana and when they do 1GCD and they are basically back to full.

A solo rogue is energy starved in under 10 seconds. This extends out to maybe 30-40s in a raid. A DPS cleric can go for 6-8 MINUTES before he even needs to look at his mana bar. Same for a Mage. Most fights don't last more than 5 minutes.
    Last I checked we're not talking about soloing here, so I don't know why you think that point is relevant. I also fail to believe that in all specs, rogues are energy starved even with fervor and tablet. I'm pretty sure you're centering on one build (Bloodstalker or whatever it is rogues call it) and using it as a way to claim that the entire rogue class is gimped when it comes to energy.

And guess what? Some mage builds have a rough time with mana, some cleric builds have a rough time with mana. Just like some rogue builds have a rough time with energy. What you're insinuating (which is utterly false) is that all rogue builds are energy starved no matter what and no other class EVER has to worry about resources.

Which, again, is just not true. Also, don't come and tell me that mages can do 1 GCD and "are basically back to full." You have no idea what you're talking about. Furthermore, you completely fail to grasp that the reason clerics and mages are not heavily hurting for resources in most cases is because their resource pool is designed in such a way that if they reach 0, they're roughly equivalent to being dead. They can't get back another GCD worth of energy in .5-1.0 seconds the way a rogue can, thus the the design of the game encourages them to get back chunks of their pool in bits here and there, so that they never reach 0.

Compare rogue resources to warriors if you want, but don't try to lump it in with the other classes - which have an entirely different type of resource management - to bolster your argument, as though rogues are victims of abuse and neglect. Quite frankly, I think you're just mad about seeing grayed out bars.

What are these mage and cleric builds that have mana issues?

All of my top dps specs as rogue, save one are energy starved.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast